Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 216 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  10:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle, glad you deciphered photo post, it still eludes me. I would imagine, Train loads would be more appropriate for a RR forum, but silly nit to pick really.

Sunn and 70s today, quite pleasant. Never got the mower out yesterday, maybe today? Just weeds that have grown so no biggy.

One of the Dollís girls stopped by and we took her to eat at a Mexican place in the old NYC Depot at Charlotte, MI. RR is all but gone now. There is a mediocre dinner train that runs past maybe a half dozen times a year, runs is a misnomer as it barely runs a a walk speed, going MAYbe 3 miles out and back at the most. Some seem to fall for it but itís certainly not a railfanís thrill.

Summer is over, kids all go back to what ever vestiges they have of school this week. Our grands have different plans Lin different districts.

Every one have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/07/2020 12:18:05 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  10:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Happy Labor Day! Another for all the working people out there!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/69. Later 81.

Grandkids are gone. So it will be just me and Diane on the beach today with some friends.

Nothing from the bench just to tired lately.
Hopefully tonight some work on the Wilfley Tables.

Kyle always great to see a new member here in the lounge you talk about or post pictures of anything you want here.

It's just with your own thread on the RR you'll get a lot more visitors keep those pictures coming.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  10:24:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning ! Thanks for the coffee boss!

Late start today... seldom sleep past 9:30am!

Kyle..I remember the first photo I posted here. Was so huge, covered the entire page!

Wanted to clarify that my wife is the one having surgery this Wednesday, not me. The ligaments are off the bone. She had pre-op covid test and we are in self isolation until Wed. Extreme over the top BS.

Have a great day! Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  11:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick thanks for the cup-of-Joe.

Kyle happy to see that you are able to post photos; looking forward to seeing your work.

Karl the age old question: to mow or not to mow. About 80% of the parents in our area are sending their kids back to school. They're using a hybrid approach with both in-person and remote learning. Poor kids!

Jerry have fun at the beach with your friends. Looking forward to seeing those tables done; no pressure.

Philip your wife's shoulder has to be very painful; hope the surgery goes well Wed. This whole Covid mess is extreme BS.

Tom how are you feeling today, well I hope.

Mike how's the cabinet coming along?

Going back up into the 80's for the next few days. Back in 1998 we had a terrible storm on Labor Day which did a whole lot of damage everywhere. Actually it was a "micro burst" and we lost power for four days; trees and power lines down everywhere you looked. Hopefully that never happens again. Grocery shopped early this morning; not much else going on.

Enjoy the holiday and be ssafe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  06:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Larry, sounds like a nice relaxing day for you.

Philip, all the best to your wife on the test and surgery.

Jerry, I'm sure beach weather was perfect yesterday.
Was the beach crowded?

Karl, hope dinner was good.

Tom, hope you're doing well.

Uneventful three day weekend on the RR for me.
My trains for the most part were't very busy.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  07:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

No the beach was not crowded.
And there will be even less there today!!! Thanks God!!

Dog to the groomer in a few minutes.

Nothing from the bench again. Hopefully later today.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  09:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning a day early for me. Our local school districts start today and because of COVID are a real cluster, read about it in the Morning Lounge. I am more relaxed then I have been. Labs at noon, I feel better but I have said that before and then boom. But I think they have dialed into a better set of meds for me this time. I just hope they donít change after the lab results come in.

Have a great day.
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  09:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overnight rain continues, temp low 50s going to climb way up to 60. Grand kids have school today.

I finished mowing yesterday. The rain is going to put a little green perk in what's been looking about like shredded wheat.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  10:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick thanks for coffee.

Bad weekend here. Had shop accident that resulted in 29 stitches in right hand. Sucks actually.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  12:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear Mike!

Same ole same ole here.

Playing around with this 3d print yesterday and created these. Redoing as they are warping badly but still mounted one next to my digitrax throttle. I wonder why Digitrax didn't make an overlay for my DC mind?

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  5:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike sorry to hear about the accident. I hope your healing already.

On a better note the bar is open cold ones in the fridge with the white wine.

Bourbons, Rye, Scotch on the back bar.

It was a beautiful beach day!!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  06:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.

Jerry, I did sneak in a bit of Buffalo Trace when I got home.

Philip, nice job on the 3D print.
How's the wife doing?

Mike, sorry about the hand.
Hope it heals quickly.

Karl, I'm looking forward to putting the mower away for the season.

Tom, glad you are relaxed and hope the lab results are good.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone and please be careful.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey a bit cloudy/71. Looks to be a rainy afternoon.

Does not look like a beach day!!

So maybe some time at the bench!!

Tom hope your lab work turned out okay.

Philip a tombstone for digitrax pretty neat!!

Mike I hope your feeling much better this am.

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  10:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a cool Wisconsin, high today 53f degrees. The son texted a little time ago. Rain in Austin is forecasted for 2- 14Ē and his rain gauge already has 2Ē. The climate changing really is messing up what used to be normal.

Mike, I bet that was scary. 29 stitches, more stitches then I have had total. Take care!

The labs were good and the doctor when she called said no changes to the meds this week. Next lab is back to a Monday schedule.

Jerry, not a beach means itís a bench day.

Everyone, stay safe.
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  10:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
55 and clouds and rain. Soaring up to 60 Ďtheyí say.

Ouch, Mike, that sounds drastic. Probably need some red wine to reboost your blood supply.

I tinkered with the 3d machine yesterday, made some extensions for a few of a flock of UP style ore cars I bought for some reason.

It appears that the local NMRA Division is going to try virtual meetings with no plans for any other sort of activity at least until next year. Iíve really lost much interest In anything like that. Other than the RR-L and one other forum Iíve done little or no modeling or been interested in it. I see no future for much beyond lone wolf activity for me in the hobby. Anyplace that Iíve participated in ops sessions are of a nature that I doubt will continue, basements full of old people are about as contrary to anyoneís idea of what many would consider appropriate to have happen in surrender to the state of craziness in the world. -end rant for now-

The rain weíve had for the last 36 to 48 hours had put a tinge of green back into things so I can guess that once this dreary crud leaves the mower will be getting a few more outings before itís put away. I do plan on taking the deck off of my tractor and just mowing with the zero turn. It rides better than the tractor while mowing.

Work continues on the house, doors were installed and secured yesterday and the windows are going to be in today, hopefully, weather dependent of course.

Philip, what type of 3d printer do you have? I have a big filament type printer and have enjoyed it a lot but donít like all the visible lines even when printing at itís finest settings. Iíve been intrigued by the new small resin printers. The detail is so nice from some of them. Little of what Iíve printed needs the big monster machine I have.

TomO, hope the time off was enjoyable, I know Iíve enjoyed my trips to the UP off and on all summer and am sure more yet before we give up on the it when approaching changes to the seasons continue.

I guess thatís about all I have today, everyone have a good day. Itís sure going to be a long winter.......

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000