Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 221 ]  [ Total: 221 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  12:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny, windy cross wind, horrendous traffic on the ď letís take a more scenicĒ route home. Just switched drivers and sheís not used to the brakes on the truck. Weíre meeting all of the N bound traffic from West Michigan sure hate to be in that!

Was down in mid 50s overnight and68 now. Very windy crossing the Mackinac Bridge. They had trucks out keeping speeds down.

Itíll be nice to sleep in home base tonight.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  06:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 81.

Just another day of work here today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  08:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Just another beach day coming up!

Weather here in South Jersey a lot cooler than yesterday sunny/64. Lateon 85!

Nothing from the bench.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  08:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool morning here a home, after a nice night's sleep in my own bed. Nice.

The ride home as long, I get talked into taking a 'different way home' about once a year. Labor Day weekend is not a great time for that. I'd much rather just get home....but. Eventually, we did, safe and sound.

A couple of Rx to chase today and maybe a wash off of the truck, depends on weather reports I've not checked in depth. It's grey out right now.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  09:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Karl, welcome home.

Please don't ruin my morning read talking about dentists, root canals, craters, etc.

It's warming up here, 91F today. It was nice in the 80's.

Shop time I think is on the schedule for today.

Have fun and be safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  09:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. "Just another day at work"; yup.... been there...done that.

Jerry enjoy your beach time.

Karl glad you made it home safe and sound. There's nothing like your own bed; especially after you've been away.

Mike even at 91 it's got to feel a lot better than 100+. Enjoy your shop time today.

Tom how are you doing today?

Philip what's going on?

75 today in Central NY and low humidity. The leg is finally starting to show signs of improvement; I injured it a lot worse than I had initially thought. Hopefully some bench time today; lots to do.

Have a great weekend and stay safe.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  10:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning fromWisconsin. I feel pretty good this morning. I was told to pack for being gone 3 nights and no IPadPro. I will survive and while I will have the cell phone I will be out of communication till Tuesday. Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes, I will be getting better.

Rick, be safe in the real world again since you are back to work. Hopefully, you have no exciting idiot related stories to tell us.

Jerry, enjoy the beach or bench when you get there.

Mike, enjoy your shop time.

Karl, as I mature in age I am finding the 4 lane highways or more to be boring. But, I agree with you, not on a holiday weekend.

Larryc, thanks I will watch myself. But, you too, take care of the leg. Sit at the bench this weekend.

Philip, just enjoy.

So until Tuesday be safe.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 09/05/2020 12:37:57 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  06:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 82.

Tom, I could tell multiple idiot stories daily but come home and try to forget about it.

Larry, glad the leg is doing better.

Mike, I felt the same way about the dentist yesterday.

Welcome home Karl.

Jerry still at the beach?

I start a new schedule today and start at 10 instead of 9.
Gives me time to do a bike ride before work.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  07:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Sandwiches of fried egg, sharp Wisconsin cheddar cheese, your choice of ham, bacon, sausage, or tofu on a toasted English muffin covered in Irish butter or mayo are on the counter. Help yourself.

Had a good day in the shop, mostly milling the doors. Need to head to Lowes to buy four more western cedar boards to finish the doors.

Spent time at the hobby bench yesterday. Worked on JoeB's dining room. After such a long break, it takes a while to get organized. I found working in the guest bedroom cramped, but workable.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  08:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Mike a great breakfast.

Larry glad to hear the leg is on the mend.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/61. Later 80!
Grandkids are on there way down at least 3 of them.
So it will be a beach day!

Never did make the bench yesterday to tired I guess. Will try tonight.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy and 51 this morning with a little chance of showers later, maybe.

No plans for today. I probably will finish the mowing I started yesterday.

We were in the driveway headed to the car to go eat yesterday and a couple of friends from down the road stopped as they were out on a trek on their side by side, soooo....we invited them to go along, followed them back to their place to change and then they went. Came back to their place for a couple hours after eating. Ruthie's the one never happy with what they have, always wanting to change something, this month it's paint colors in the main living area...already planning work on their Florida place and something else with their cottage on the lake nearby. I think I pissed her off when I said if I had a place on the lake the last thing I'd want would be constantly working on stuff and but try to relax and enjoy it. The Doll thought I was rude, I think, in speaking my mind. Then reminded me we're going to have a ton of stuff $$$$ to do up North when that place is done.

Model making, Mike? Sounds like fun...

Good day all, be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  11:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Guys,

Rick thanks for coffee. Yes the leg is feeling better. After 40 years at Wegmans I could write a book with "idiot stories"; might even be a best seller. Enjoy the bike ride.

Mike thanks for breakfast; love the Irish Butter. Glad to hear that the cabinet is coming right along. Good to hear that your back modeling; enjoy seeing your work.

Jerry have fun at the beach. Enjoy the bench time if you feel up to it.

Karl it's amazing how some folks just can't take a little comment. Although you don't want to piss off the Mrs...."happy wife-happy life."

Tom hope your feeling well today.

Last cool day today here in Central NY before we heat up again. May have to try to mow some of the lawn; or at least the front and sides with the hand mower. Hopefully some more bench time latter.

Enjoy and be safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An Karl said "Then reminded me we're going to have a ton of stuff $$$$ to do up North when that place is done.

Isn't it amazing all the things they can find for us to do!!

Rick be smart stay single!!

Jerry

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 09/06/2020 5:43:36 PM

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  01:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all of you guys that helped me finger out how to post photos on the forum, I'm eternally grateful. I guess this group or whatever you call the lounge is not supposed to be about individuals' projects, but I figured that ya'll would all be stopping by so I thought (there I go again thinkin') I'd say thanx to ya all at once. THANX!!!!!!(I will be posting boatloads if thats ok)

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  05:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 84.

Jerry, that's my plan.

Kyle, we always like seeing lots of pictures.
Post away.

Sounds like most of you guys are getting things done at the bench.

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000