Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 234 ]  [ Total: 235 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 88

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  10:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Larry hope the leg is better.

Thanks Mike were getting there just about the last of the metal parts.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy.
We are on our way to North Jersey for the day!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and pleasant this morning in the woods. Builder hard at work. We spent some time yesterday sealing done cement blocks and planning with the electrician.

Drove up to Munising on Lake Superior after supper last evening. For ice cream. Deer were out in good numbers along the road. We drove back thru the Hiawatha National Forest but by the it was dark and little to see.

Still contemplating todayís activity.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Enjoy the bench time; looking good.

Mike congrats on getting the audit approved. Enjoy your cabinet build.

Jerry safe travels to North Jersey today.

Karl it's nice to see deer as long as they stay out of the road. Ice Cream...yum yum.

Tom how are you feeling today?

Low 80's today and a little more humid. Thanks for the well wishes on the leg. Doesn't feel too bad but is swelling a little. Going to see the Doc this afternoon just to be on the safe side. Not much else going on.

Stay safe and have a great day everyone.

Edited by - Larryc on 09/02/2020 10:53:07 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  11:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. I have returned from the new dentist and Terry is there now. An appointment with the new attorney this afternoon and then our day is done.
Thanks guys for asking, I am feeling better and just have to build the strength and stamina back. Sleep is better at night then it was and the naps are about
30 minutes.

I did spend some time yesterday looking at threads I just missed the last couple months, some impressive work going on during our pandemic. Everyone be safe,
Larryc keep the leg healthy, they are important.

Yes, Rick, the rails and ties showed up yesterday about 5. The SIL had them unloaded pretty quick with one of his toys. I will head down to see the equipment this evening.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  07:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.

Mike, enjoy the cooler temps.

Jerry, hope you enjoyed N. Jersey.

Here's a hint of what Karl was doing last night.

Larry, hope the doc gave the leg the all good.

Tom, so, how's everything look at the new RR?

Bike ride, dog walk and maybe a haircut today since my barber wasn't working on Tuesday.

Been monkeying around painting on my mini layout but not happy with it yet.
Needs some work.

Have a great day everyone.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  08:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning all! Thanks for the coffee Rick!

Dental appt today in the PM.

Heavy rain today. Hope it clears up as the TPS on the van is causing problems. Fast idle and won't downshift. Easy fix but dang part was 40 bucks.

Any modeling going on?

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  09:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

The trip North was a okay! Had a nice day with the kids and grandkids.

Weather in South Jersey right now sunny/76. Later on 88.
This could be a beach day.

Nothing from the bench the last two days. Hopefully tonight.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  09:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Escanaba in da Daylight was our task yesterday then a nice relaxing fire on the lakeshore as the beautiful full Corn Moon rose from the East. We roasted marshmallows and got all smokey. Itís raining pretty good this morning and weíre going to go out for breakfast shortly.

On the way from Eskie (Yooper for Escanaba) we stopped in Gladstone at a restaurant for something to eat. I noticed and older woman that was sitting alone and seemed hesitant in ordering and maybe confused. I called the waitress over and told her to give me the bill and have her get whatever she wished.

Weíre heading home tomorrow. The rain today should be out of here by noon.

Everyone have a good day. Be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  09:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. How far do you ride on your bike?

Karl, sounds like you had a fun day.

Philip, hope the dental appointment goes well.

Jerry, do the beach!

Plan to work in shop on cabinet today. Tonight going to Texas Western business meeting to present the Frisco in Fort Worth ahead of a layout design for phase 2 expansion of the club layout. I haven't been to the club since December due to other commitments.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  09:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Enjoy the bike ride and dog walk. Keep at the layout and you'll get it where you want it to be.

Philip car parts are certainly not cheap anymore. When I go to my mechanic and walk out of there under $100 then I think I'm doing good. Yup, still fiddling with the farm and should have some pics to share soon.

Jerry glad to hear your trip north went well. Did you say "beach time" or "bench time"; they sound a lot alike.

Karl how were the marshmallows; they look yummy.
That was an awesome thing that you did for that women in the dinner; the world needs more acts like that and a lot less of the other stuff!

Tom feeling well today I hope.

Mike you certainly have a full day planned; enjoy.

Back into the low 80's today and more humid. The Doc's visit was interesting. Was chided for not coming in sooner. Put me on antibiotics and ice packs three times a day. Also went for a sonogram and x-rays. Good news is no blood clots or broken/cracked bones. Going back in a week for a recheck. Maybe some more bench time latter on.
Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Edited by - Larryc on 09/03/2020 09:50:59 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  05:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 86.

Larry, glad there's no blood clots or broken/cracked bones. Take care of that leg.

Mike, 20 miles is my minimum.
I try to do at least 1 longer ride a week.
Yesterday I did 34, over the weekend I did 40 and two weeks ago I did 60.

Karl, that was VERY nice of you.

Jerry, probably another beach day today.

Well I really enjoyed my time off, but it's time to go back to work today.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Fried chicken and waffles, butter, and maple syrup on the counter. Enjoy!

86F today, 50% rain. We've had four inches of rain in the last three days. Lovin' it.

Larry, good news on the leg.

Karl, what a wonderful thing you did.

Philip, how are the teeth?

Tom, how is the stamina building?

Last night at the Texas Western, the club presented me with a lifetime membership in recognition of my contributions to the club. They've only presented two others in 20 years. I was humbled.

Picking up groceries and maybe some shop time today.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  10:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Teeth are well.... except one that has a mars crater in it. Pulling it in a couple months as it fractured in 2 pieces. Have been nursing it for 2 years after a offered root canal. That would have been pointless.

Gena has a required covid test today prior to her shoulder surgery on the 9th. She freaking about that swab! Told her to close her eyes...

I'm convinced this is the only place to come for a dose of humanity without the chaos.

Thank you all!

Philip

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  11:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning fro cold at 57f Wisconsin.

Thanks Rick for getting us going.

Mike congrats, a nice award.

Jerry, be safe at the beach this weekend, could be fairly busy.

Larryc, donít you love doctors? Follow their orders though.

Karl, safe trip home.

Philip, leaving the real world behind is one of the many reasons I love modeling.

Stamina, I have very little. One day I feel good or even great and like yesterday or today, it tough to stay awake on the IPad. It shall come back.

Be safe.
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  11:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Wow you are a serious bike rider; don't know if I could have done that in my younger days. I received the lab results the same day and was greatly relieved.

Mike thanks for breakfast; yummy. Congrats on receiving the lifetime membership.

Philip I had the same problem a few years back. The Dentist took all of five minutes to remove the tooth in 2 pieces; easy peasy.

Tom yes you have to love doctors; although I was pleasantly surprised how thorough she was. I'm following her orders to the letter. 57 degrees; Brrrr.

Jerry is today "bench or beach"?

Karl have a safe trip home.

Low 80's today with sun and clouds. Not much going on today except that we are going out for an early dinner. Received the farm animals yesterday and am getting the latex rubber today so I guess that I have some work to do.

Have a great day guys and stay safe.

Page: of 88 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000