Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  8:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening from the cave in Wisconsin. The heat index, the temperatures, the dew point all say it is ugly uncomfortable outside. I tested the deck and the front porch
and it turns out the computer is correct, too nasty to be out. Went to labs this morning and a ugly face to face with my doctor. She said I am on track, told I didnít feel like
it, her replyĒothers have it worst.Ē

Didnít know to hug her or tell her to go to hell. I know I have it better but right now itís about me. She is right and I know that. Got home, ate and then slept from 10 to 4. Feel
pretty good right now. I am going to get a ride down to the stables as I want to check in for an hour at the modeling bench while Terry sees the horses. The truck bringing
the ties has room to pick up the rail. I have not told the SIL everything will be here Wednesday after Terry talked to them while I was sleeping today. It will be a good surprise.
Thanks for the concerns but I am good.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  8:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom glad your good. Things can only get better. We're all here for you.

Rick that is a nice collection you have going there!

I think I'll have a nice McKenna neat!

The beach was nice today.

But after we got home a storm of hell appeared. Lost our power for 1 1/2 hrs.
That was longer than Sandy passed through.

Rain tomorrow so they say so maybe bench time.

Talk to you all in the morning!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  07:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 5pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 5pm.

Jerry, sorry about losing power.
Hope it won't happen again today.

Tom, glad you're feeling better.

Since it's supposed to rain all day it will be an indoors day.
Group bike ride at 9 and then who knows what after that.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  08:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Cloudy in South Jersey right now 73. More rain and thunderstorms on there way.

Hopefully I will get some bench time in.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  08:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Tom, wishing you a better day today.

The forecast for today is 107F again. I plan to smoke a chicken today, but my just leave it out on an outdoor table...

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  09:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy what a difference a day can make. Good morning from the front porch in Wisconsin. The wind chill on the south facing deck is too cold to be sitting out in. The last few days is was too hot, too humid and now enough breeze. Hey, sounds like my health, every day is different. I talked to a couple guys last night walking their dogs from the porch to the sidewalk is maybe 25í. One of their wives had Lymes and took her a year to feel better. So he thought the 2 weeks of meds I have been on sounded great. Terry and the 3 ladies from the greenhouse are heading to a Farmers Market and asked if I want to go. I am thinking about it as I feel pretty good. I have under 30 minutes to decide. Enjoy your day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off and on rain most of the late afternoon thru the evening made for some fireworks and a bit of rain overnight, and like TomO reports from badger country, the air is much different in feel here in MI this morning.

The Doll is off to pickup her grand daughter and I missed the ride to town. I need to get into my Rx box and hope I can clear the cobwebs. No plans yet, tossing some things together for tomorrow's trip North about it.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  10:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Hobby Lobby was good. The store is huge so social distancing is no problem. The Mrs picked up some wood pieces to make some decorations for fall; but first I will poly them for her. Glad to hear that you had a nice walk with the pup and also that you finally got some rain. That's quite a bourbon collection that you have.

Jerry hopefully you won't loose power again; I hate it when that happens. Bench time = fun!

Mike if you smoke a chicken you must need a really big "pipe" to fit it in; sorry couldn't
resist. Hopefully your weather cools down some soon.

Tom keep at it, you'll get there. Soon the good days will out number the not so good days. Maybe a trip to the Farmers Market will do you good; get you out of the house for awhile.

Karl safe travels north tomorrow.

We've been getting rain on and off all morning. Upper 70's today and so-so humidity. Only a high of 70 Sunday; cold front is moving through. Going to try and poly the purchases that the Mrs bought yesterday and leave them overnight to dry. Maybe some bench time latter on. No outside work with the on and off rain.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  2:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Good morning folks,

I plan to smoke a chicken today,
mike

We had a smoked chicken from the builder up North a couple months ago. Wow was it good, beats the spice fest of store bought rotisserie birds.

107? You could slow cook at that temp I bet...no thnx. 75 here mid afternoon with low humidity and a breeze.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  08:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 81.
Only got a little of the rain that was predicted yesterday.

Larry, your sense of humor is on par with mine.

Karl, safe travels.

Tom, today it's cooler here too.

Mike, how was the chicken?

Everyone needs to check out the incredible framing Jerry has done in this thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52800&whichpage=12

Bike ride then dog walk.
I need to find some paint to finish painting my mountain.
Rest of the day is take it as it comes.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy the day.

Tom, did you make it to the Farmers Market?

Larry, I found one, but it burned my lips.

Jerry, the mill frame looks terrific. Nice work.

Karl, hope your trip is uneventful.

107F here again today. Dog days of August...

The chicken tasted terrific if I do say so myself. I brined it over night and covered it with Meat Church Honey Hog seasoning and a bit of Holy Voodoo. Juicy and tender it was.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  10:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Sometimes when someone makes an open comment, I just can't help myself, I have to respond. Enjoy your bike ride and dog walk.

Mike sorry, I couldn't help myself; but great come back. It sounds like the chicken was really tasty and I'm sure that it was greatly enjoyed.

Everybody else must be sleeping-in this morning.

High today in the low 70's with low humidity.
Going to poly the wood pieces that my wife bought the other day so that they're ready when she wants to use them. They should dry quickly with this nice weather. Maybe some bench time latter on.

Enjoy your day and stay healthy and be safe.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. I actually drove to the HyVee grocery store this morning to buy some bottles of diet Dr Pepper. In and out, very quick. I missed my diet pepper in the morning! I havenít done that in about 3 maybe 4 weeks.

No I did not go to the Farmers Market yesterday. The 3 greenhouse ladies and Terry then met up with our daughter and granddaughter Harper who is 9 today. They had cupcakes to celebrate yesterday at one of the many cupcake cakeries the Madison area has. Terry said they had a nice outside socially distanced table.

Watched the grandkids from 7-11 last night as their mom and dad helped some friends with a soft opening of their new brewery and event center. The SIL has 2 brews he has been working on debut last night to the public. Between working on the property, doing his vineyard and playing with his home brewing of beer he has been busy and happy. I will tell him at the b-day party the rails and ties will be in the same truck on Wednesday. That it for me. Be safe.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  12:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun in the UP after mostly overcast and off and on light mist. Took the Doll forever to get ready after telling me was all packed last night. I was up around 6. Left after 0830. Quite a wait for escapees heading back below the ridge. Never ever head home on Sunday! Retired has itís bennies.

Nice collection of amber colored liquids. Iíve never acquired a taste for them.

Headed W on 2 now. Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/30/2020 12:54:07 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80.

Karl, hope you arrived safely.

Tom, you and the family are busy.

Larry, any bench time?

Mike, Holy Voodoo? Sounds like a chef's secret.

Jerry's busy framing.

Lawn mowing in my future today.
Bought some paint for my mini layout yesterday.
It's lighter than the other color I used but I can make it work.

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000