Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 214 ]  [ Total: 214 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  07:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 94.

Larry, cheese steaks. Mmmmmmmm

Karl, I've been noticing lots of empty shelves when going to a big store too, which fortunately I don't do often.

Tom, I'm shocked and saddened that these so called protests have been allowed to continue for so long.
On a brighter note, I hope you continue feeling better and feel free to rant when the mood strikes.

Jerry, sorry about the wall problem.

Bike ride first, then walk the dog.
Some indoor things need doing.
Then it's me time.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  09:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and hot with a "stray storm" forecast for today, may get to 91.

I work on the back area of my place yesterday for a couple of hours, mowing and moving some stuff on the gigantic burn pile. Got hot and tired and slept well overnight.

Today I think I'll.......no idea.

Everyone have a good day, cool and safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  09:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

How about some Taylor Ham Egg & Cheese on hard rolls for breakfast this am!

Weather in South Jersey is going to have a real feel of 104!
Will be at the beach as long as the flies aren't bad.
With a west wind you never can tell if it will drive the flies to the beach.

Nothing on the MIll. Later on tonight some time will be spent working on it.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  09:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, thanks for breakfast. Mmmmm, good.

Larry, Happy Anniversary!

Tom, good to hear you have passed the low point.

Not much on tap today, high 96F.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  10:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from going to be very warm Wisconsin. At least this morning the breeze is making the deck comfortable. Heís index may be 100+.

Thanks everyone, I sure hope I hit the low point, I was miserable the other day. My issues now per the doctor she says is the drug adjustments and how I handle the initial changes to them. This recovery to me a veteran of many health recoveries over the past 10 years. I truly feel good for an hour and then back to exhaustion. Some mornings the PT is a breeze but the afternoon session is not. Not much happening on the homefront. I need to see how the hurricane advanced and hope the folks in itís path will be fine.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  10:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I was in the middle of my bike ride and remembered about the hurricane and hoped you weren't impacted.
I'm guessing from your post that all is well.
I hope all our forum members are safe and for those in the path I'm hoping for the best.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  11:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee and yes the cheese steak with the fresh veggies was quite tasty.

Karl hot weather gets old after awhile. Hopefully your storms aren't too bad.

Jerry thanks for the breakfast; very tasty. Have fun at the beach. I'm sure that you'll get back on track with the mill.

Mike thanks for the Anniversary wishes and enjoy your day. Hope that the hurricane is a non-issue for you.

Tom hang in there. Meds adjustments can be tricky and when your Doc gets it right I'm sure that you'll feel like a new man.

Been having rain and thunderstorms on and off all morning. Although we can use the rain. This afternoon is supposed to be high winds, hail and more thunderstorms possible. Hopefully we don't use power. Not much going on today and will most likely get in some bench time latter on.

Stay safe and have a wonderful day!!

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  8:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening folks,

Thanks for the hurricane well wishes. We live 388 miles from Port Arthur, so didn't even get a sprinkle. Tough on folks in east Texas though. Louisiana is even worse. Mother nature can be so mean sometimes.

Have a good evening,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  9:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Good morning everyone.

Tom, I'm shocked and saddened that these so called protests have been allowed to continue for so long.

Great response from their Gov, throw everyone under the bus, jump to conclusions and then dither away until terrible things happen. I see gretch has sent some of our Guard folks over.

HOT and sunny in MI all day, storms were no where near us, TomO sent some East across the lake but they tripped and fell apart at the lakeshore. Forecast for more, tho, over the next 36-48 hrs. Then cooler. I expect the 92 I saw today to be the last for some time.

I just came in from skeeter alley, back deck, after they chased the Doll in they decided some bitter old grumpy curmudgeon blood would have to do.

The simple little cabin along the lakeshore is turning much like a government contract.

Well, enough, need to rest up for bed time....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/27/2020 9:36:56 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  07:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Karl, being a former LEO all this stuff must be driving you crazy.

Mike, glad you're not impacted.

Larry, we could use some of that rain here.

Tom, continued well wishes.

Jerry, hope the flies weren't a problem.

Think the dog and I will do a little road trip and hike up Sourland Man this morning.
After that maybe build a fire read my book and a cigar and bourbon sound good too.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  09:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a fun day.

The flies ween't to bad its was so windy they didn't seem to have come that far East.
Today will be another story now that the wind has died down. Will see!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/78. Later on 90.

Nothing on the Mill. Not putting siding on until the framing is all done and I'm sure this all fits together like its suppose to. I need to start the framing for the tower next. And I need to do the Wilfley Tables.

Glad everyone is safe from the big storm in TX & LA.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  09:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

The temperature is jumping 10 degrees from 97F to 107F in one day. Inside activities are on tap for me.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  09:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Karl, being a former LEO all this stuff must be driving you crazy.

Indeed it does, and as an intellectually honest human being it scares me to the core.

RAIN!!! We had a decent rain around 0400 until well after 0500, thunder and heavy rain woke me from a decent(?) sleep. Sat up and watched a UPS Boeing 757 headed for Lansing from Rockford, IL make a few racetracks in the sky NE of Grand Rapids and then divert to Detroit Metro. Flight Aware program on my ipad. Cool app.

Wet outside this morning, not sure of plans, re-awoke rather later than usual.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  10:32:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Guys,

Rick thanks for the coffee. The rain yesterday was a welcome relief for our area. Enjoy your hike with the pup. I'm assuming that the fire will be outside; so enjoy the book, bourbon, and cigar.

Jerry you'll get the mill straightened out after a fashion. Sounds like your modeling projects will keep you busy for awhile.

Mike that's a really hot day ahead; don't blame you for staying inside. Keep cool.

Karl the way that the country is headed is enough to scare anyone. The app on your iPad sounds really cool; I may have to check it out.

Tom how are you feeling today.

Much cooler today with a high in the upper 70's. I wish that I could send some of you a bit of this cooler weather. The Mrs and I are making a trip to Hobby Lobby later on today just for the fun of it.

Have a great day guys and stay cool, safe, and healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2020 :  5:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone.

Finally getting some rain with a t-storm rolling through right now.

Had a very nice 2 hour hike with the dog.

Larry, how was Hobby Lobby?

Karl, sounds like a cool app.

Mike stay cool.

Jerry, keep on framing.

Tom, how you doing?

Been adding to my bourbon collection.
Here's what's in stock.

I'm going to try a little of the Old Forester 1920 and Elijah Craig small batch.
They will go well with my cigar.
Have your pick fellows.
Beers and sodas in the fridge and white and red on the counter.

Have a great night and see you in the AM.

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000