Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 226 ]  [ Total: 227 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
29 and very light snowflakes dancing it's way to the ground. It appears yesterday's big wind blew off...grey and ugly.

My bridge project got to me and I've set it aside for now.

The Doll made door stops errr....bread, yesterday. Tasty but would never go down as airy...

Today? De Ja Vu...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  09:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning! thanks for the coffee.

Was wondering about the second picture? I guess he's passed out, yet appears to have protective gloves on.

Was windy here yesterday about 30-40 mph. Calm today. The yard awaits!

Have a great day!

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  09:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for opening. Happy Friday!

It's good to see the lounge busy this early. I am just getting going.

Good luck to all the folks who will be seeking employment.

Nasty weather around today, but think it will go east of us. Tis the season... Hi 91F, cloudy all day. Rain this afternoon.

Yesterday morning, Mom's dog, Sweetie, was shaking and would not go outside. I finally got her to go out, but she would not go near the fence and flower beds. Guess the collar worked. She's okay today and her normal self.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  6:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
evening guys

today turned out to be nice outdoors
still fighting with government offices about money
i canr wait for next friday to get here so ohio can start to reopen things
hopefully i can start looking for a job once again

tonights modeling is going to be some kits from carolina craftsman and foggy mountain models

hope to have some updates on the build page late tonight

be safe out there, and i am firing up the grill for brats, hamburgers and possibly some chicken
bring a side, and i have apple cider moonshine to go with this afterwards

enjoy the night

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  07:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of rain, mainly after 4pm. Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.

Tom, most of it is mental disorders and drug addiction.

Jerry, what did you find?

Karl, I guess the wife doesn't read your posts here.

Philip, the man got on the train, went into the bathroom and came out stoned.
Heroin probably.

Mike, my dog was afraid of the backyard too after getting zapped a few times.
That lasted less then a week before she started running around out back.

Dave, good luck with your fight and job search.

Grocery store this morning.
Bike ride too and maybe get a thing or two done around here.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay indoors and have a great day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  07:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, I guess the wife doesn't read your posts here.No...but if she does, I just put on this shirt:

I find it on more often than not these days.

Wet, rain, snow pellets and yukkkk here. Aches and pains abound to accompany the weather and isolation.

I believe the date is March 52 isn't it? de ja vu, again. I have shaved since the photo was done....felt the forest was a potential covid hide away. Sad how our paranoia has become all invasive.

Health and safety please...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/23/2020 07:31:17 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  08:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I hope your grocery shopping goes well.

Well I did find some wooden blocks that I needed. After asking Marty to make new ones for me!!
We live far enough away that he can't choke me!

Today is a day for a little grocery shopping just the thought of it is scary anymore.
Going to a store here to find out that they have nothing that you need.

I like the shirt Karl.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 04/23/2020 09:00:07 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, itís always best to freely speak your mind. Why keep it inside when it will come out later and cause more issues then if had just said it. Life is so easy! Or not.

Rick, like most of the homeless many of the folks suffer from mental challenges. Here in Madison many of the homeless hang out around the capital. You would think the politicians would make them a priority but itís not. I know out West because because of the nicer year round weather the problem is seen more. This country and North America in general has so much wealth and talent you would think a solution to help these folks would be found.

The weather in our part of Wisconsin is iffy. Will it rain or not? The guy on TV says yes but my IPad says the percentages are below 50%. The grass definitely needs to be cut. My wife has taken notice of where the grass is lush and where it isnít. I got a feeling a project outside is coming up soon. I told her to look at the sign near the mailbox,the one that says For Sale, and not worry about the grass. Have a great safe day.

TomO

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  10:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning guys. Thanks for the coffee Rick! The yard was done yesterday and bent another blade! I have a huge maple the wife planted 25 years ago and most of the root is visible. I need a load of topsoil to fill that mess in.

Raining today so maybe some bench time. Have a great day!

So sad about the homeless.
Philip

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  12:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. It is good to hear your dog had the same reaction, but got over it. Fingers crossed.

It's a bright sunny day at 75F headed to 85F. No rain forecast. Yesterday's tornadoes were all east of us. Sad to see so much damage.

Our daughter arrived from Georgia last night for a week visit. It is wonderful to see her.

Think I'll head to the wood working shop this afternoon.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  6:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
evening guys, had some modeling last night until 5am.....

started looking at other threads, where is the challange thread for the progress and finished projects?????
i have been working on a few things that i think will qualify and would like to submit for the finish

its wet here in sw ohio today so no painting tonight outside, but i still have like 30 kits to do
so i guess i will be busy for a bit

got a call from my mom in michigan and i asked her if they were still on lockdown,and she answered......
you know we live in the country and the nearest city is still in full operation, restaurants,
barber and churches to name a few are running like business as usual

hope the country gets back to work for all of our sakes, be safe out there as we are going
to the grocery store in the am as the sales will hopefully be there for the limited types of food i can eat
due to this heart condition of mine

stay safe my friends

On30 Dave

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2020 :  7:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I think this is the thread you're looking for: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52347

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  03:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Dave, I think this is the thread you're looking for: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52347

thank you sir, i looked all over and could not find the thing.....lol
guess thats what happens when you get old

thanks again sir

On30 Dave

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  06:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain and mid 50's
These are the days I dread having a dog.

Dave, glad I could help.

Mike, enjoy your daughters visit.

Philip, I've done that a few times.

Tom, it is terrible we have money to burn on things I don't consider essential and yet there isn't enough to keep institutions open to house these people.

Jerry, what are the wooden blocks for?

Karl, nice shirt.

Limited to indoor activities today.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay indoors and have a great day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  08:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee and well wishing for daughter's visit.

It's a windy morning but bright and clear at 68F. Hi today forecast for 91F. I think I'll take the MG out for a cruise.

Yesterday, my laptop came back from repair at Dell, and the hard drives were not re-imaged. The repair was for a broken power plug receptacle. The warranty repair instructions said to back up files before sending it in, because the drives would be wiped. I am so happy I don't have to rebuild the computer files. Woohoo.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000