Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 217 ]  [ Total: 217 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2020 :  08:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Have fun on the ride.

98F here today. This morning the dogs are going for spa day at the vet. Spa day is bath, nail trim, and SHOTS.

Switched from making doors on the cabinet to adding rose head wrought nails to the ends and sanding. Today I hope to start on the doors. Yesterday's work:

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/25/2020 :  09:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds and humids today with mid 80s, It seems there was some rain in the area to our West but not here. Warmer tomorrow thru the weekend

It was 94 when I came out of the Secretary of State office yesterday, that went well. Strange to go in there and see only chairs for 4 people and 2 people service people. Much more efficient and time saving than the old cattle pen. The last time I was in there was there were at least 50 folks in there, coughing and snorting and the wait was nearly 2 hours, then when I went out the battery was dead on the Dollís car because the Ďautomaticí system didnít shut off the headlights while she waited.

The grand daughter, Savannah, passed her driverís test yesterday but can get in to get her license until November.

No big plans today, or even any plans of any kind. The builders have been on the phone with questions already today. The roof and shingles are on and the facia is going on today.

RE: Indy, I really was surprised it was run, Iíve pretty much let racing go by the wayside, NASCAR has become too politically correct to the point of tossing their fan base totally off the bus and the racing, too sterile. Indy, used to trek there every year for about 25-30 years. It was a big part of my interests since I was a young boy, my Dad got me started with that much as he did trains.

Everyone have a good day. Stay well and cool.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2020 :  10:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be careful in that heat on the bike outside.

No the last wall did not get done. Hopefully today!!

Weather is hot today. So wee will head to the beach. For how long not sure there calling for storms sometime today!!

Mike beautiful looking cabinet. What Kind of wood did you say that was??

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2020 :  10:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from the front porch in Wisconsin. Finally some rain to dampen the brown stuff called grass.
We pay for water usage and I will not pay to water grass. It will come back.

I am in one of the funks the doctor said to watch out for. No taste buds, no energy, social distancing
and basic self isolation is finally catching up with me. I told a Terry I am fine and can be by myself and
she should go join my sister in Arizona or our son in Austin. Nope, playing nursemaid to me. Sorry, I
am grumpy. Still, I know I am in better shape and mind then a lot of folks so thanks to you guys for
understanding. We are so used to being able to do things that these last 6 months and now my Lymes
has caught up. I will be fine.

I also drank my last bottle of diet Dr Pepper and the store has been out of the 6 packs of bottles. I know
life is tough. Chin up, stay safe, air hug someone today!

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/25/2020 :  12:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Guys,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Yes easy on the bike ride if it's hot out...stay hydrated. Bought most of the materials yesterday and found the video on making trees. Started the process and will post pics in my thread when it's finished. Good luck at the Docs.

Mike, yup even the dogs deserve a "spa day" once in awhile. That cabinet is looking really good; could pass for a piece of furniture.

Karl congrats on a "pain free" renewal. Sounds like the new place is really moving along. No plan for the day is not a bad thing.

Jerry enjoy the beach no matter how long you're there. Maybe some bench time latter?

Tom hope your "funk" won't last too long; at least you know what it is. Just try too relax and not worry about it; just ride it out. You'll be better soon. Yes the grass will come back so paying to water it is a waste.

Looks like that it's going to be in the 70's all week. Had some rain early this morning; maybe it'll help the brown grass. Grocery shopped early this morning and the store wasn't too busy; which is a good thing. Going to work on the tree latter and see how it turns out.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  06:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 82

Larry, they keep predicting rain and/or t-storms almost daily but haven't seen a drop of rain in a while.

Tom, hope you're doing better today.

Jerry, no storms here.
You get one?

Karl, congrats on the painless renewal.

Mike, cabinet looks great.

I use Verizon for my cellphone.
last night a friend called and we had a bad connection.
Usually it's on his end.
When he didn't call back I tried calling him and couldn't get through.
Looked at my phone and didn't have service.
Had to go outside where I finally found a spot where I could get 1 bar.
Anyone else using Verizon and having cell phone issues?

Bike ride, water the plants and nothing planned after that.

have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  08:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Have a nice ride today.

Karl, the house is progressing nicely.

Jerry, the wood is western cedar. I think it has good outdoor qualities. Downside is how soft it is.

Tom, good luck with the bla's. Maybe if you just yelled, "get off my lawn" from the front porch, you would feel better. Hang in there.

Thanks Larry. The dogs had fun at the spa. I am building the cabinet the same way I would build furniture for the house. The only difference is the wood, and I would spend more time milling the wood to exact specs.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  08:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Be careful on the bike ride.
No we did not get any T-storms nor rain.

Weather here in South Jersey sunny/68. Later 82.
This should be a fine beach day.

Went to start to put the frame together last night 1st wo pieces one was wrong it was to big.
Measured drawings #$%@ drawing was wrong.
Re did piece will try again later on!!

Tom hope you feel better today!

Larry looking forward to the forest!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  08:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, I do feel better. The why me syndrome hit pretty hard. Strange with all the health issues I have had the last 10 years and serious ones, I just never felt that way. Thanks for letting me rant, that Mike might have been my yelling in the yard. Hell, the way Wisconsin is going if I had yelled outside there would have been protestors in the front yard last night.

Went to see the house yesterday. Solar stuff Tuesday the contractor called it. Not quite as extensive as the last place but more then enough to stay off the grid but a Terry wants natural gas in her kitchen, let the jokes begin! Anyway, thanks for listening yesterday.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds and warm going to some sun and hot here in MI.

I've not looked at a radar image yet, but the early morning recorded report on the GR TV station showed a lot of red and yellow and lightning NW of us at the time it was done. Air Quality Action Day, keep Terry's gas in the kitchen, TomO. Lots of smoke in the air around here, they say fires to the West are blowing this way. A storm that was around yesterday missed us by quite a bit. Still a toasted shredded wheat look to the lawn.

Took the Doll to the West side of Grand Rapids yesterday and stopped in at the used train store and big LHS, spent $15 in each. Little hobby enthusiasm. The Doll reported Day of the Living Dead feeling to the stores she went to. Scores of empty areas and silent no eye contact people.

Grand daughter Savannah is going to be entertaining the Doll later, I'm sure I'll find something to do.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  10:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Sorry I don't use Verizon so I can't help you.

Mike sounds like you have some "mad skills" there. I'm okay at building stuff but not that good.

Jerry the "wrong size wall" has happened to me on occasion. I just chalk it up to "Murphy's Law". As far as a "forest" goes; the first attempt was a total disaster. Now onto tree #2.

Tom glad to hear that the "funk" has passed. Ranting can be quite therapeutic. Have a nice big plate of sauerkraut. That usually produces plenty of "natural gas"; sorry couldn't resist.

Karl people are so sick of wearing masks that they are almost catatonic when out in public. The smoke can't be pleasant. The fires won't reach you I hope.

Low 70's today and clear skies. Noticed yesterday driving around that some soft Maple trees are stating to turn a little. On this date years ago I married this gorgeous young women and 48 years latter she is still "putting up" with me and she still looks good to boot.
Not much going on today. Going to make a trip to the local farm stand for some fresh veggies so that I can make dinner tonight.

Have a great and safe day guys.

Edited by - Larryc on 08/26/2020 10:36:17 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  11:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Larry on the anniversary, a real marathon that takes a great team. Well done........

No big fear of fires here, as long as I stay out of cities.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  5:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry congratulations to you and the wife on 48 years!!!

Fact is I'll have an Eagle Rare for the celebration.

If anyone else is around the liquor cabinet is open and the cold ones are in the fridge!!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  5:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, Happy Anniversary!

Eagle Rare, OK.
It will go well with a cigar.

Gave the dog a bath today.
She wasn't all that co-operative but we got through it.
She looks and smells great.

Have a great day everyone.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  8:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks gents for the Anniversary wishes; although it doesn't feel like 48 years. My how time flies when your having fun. Bought some fresh veggies and made Philly steak sandwiches and fries for dinner; yum yum.

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000