Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 210 ]  [ Total: 210 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  08:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. I pretty much understood what you wrote Sunday Rick but thanks for more clarity. All businesses are experiencing issues at this time and it always seems so far away when itís the other guy. I hope it all works out for your best interests. I have a tele-visit with my doctor at 9 our time. I hope she has some answers. I took the garbage and recycling to the curb, maybe 60í and was exhausted, not good. Feel 99 instead of 67. Enjoy your day.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  08:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Tom, hope the docs find the problem. Congrats on the large scale haul!

Karl, safe traveling to the north.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  09:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Glad to hear it's not going to effect your employment.
I bet you'd like an early out!!

Karl be safe going North.

Tom good luck with the Doc.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/77. Later 93.
It will be a beach day.
One grandkid still with us.

Worked on the mill last night for an hour.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  10:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Glad to hear that your job is secure. Wegmans offered me a "Early Retirement" package but I had to turn it down as I was only 62 at the time. Had it been when I was 65 or 66 I would have jumped all over it.

Karl be safe on the road.

Tom I hope that the Doc has some good news for you and is able to make you better. That feeling has to suck!! Besides your RR empire awaits.

Mike have a great day.

Jerry have fun at the beach with the grandkid.

Going to be a H&H day with temps above 90 again. Definitely going to be an indoor day; too hot for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  9:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checking in from the wilds of the South. The hurricane missed my beach place by 10 miles, no damage. Then Sunday morning I was woken up by the earthquake in NC. What is next 2020? Still waiting for the giant Stay Puff Marshmallow man.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  03:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Karl, safe travels.

Tom, hope you're feeling better.

Larry, glad there's no damage.

Jerry, glad you're making progress on the mill.

Mike and Larry C., good morning.

TGIF

Got the front yard mowed yesterday.
Backyard today and maybe some edging too.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  09:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope Friday goes quickly for you.

Tom, hoping you feel better today.

Dog days at 102F, but I'll take it when contrasted against the weather up north six months from now.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  09:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Be careful out there among the English.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/76. Later 89.
But with the humidity its been nasty out there.
But at least there is a nice breeze off the ocean.

Another hour on the mill. Slow going but getting there.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  09:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the front porch in Wisconsin. Not feeling any better and not any worse. The doctor had no answers for what is going on with me but they have ruled out Covid19 and any of the other coronavirus numbers I didnít know existed. They are waiting results on the one test I wanted last week but turned out they didnít do. Lyme disease, they didnít do the test as itís so expensive and Medicare doesnít cover. I had told them last week I wanted it, I did get it yesterday at 4pm after putting a down payment on the test. Thanks for the concerns and the hopeful notes.

My SIL is driving me crazy. He will be here around 9 to take me to the trains. He thinks we need a diesel house for serving the 2 engines we have. I told him a garage will be fine. I flew a drone over to the stables and I couldnít find the trains and equipment unloaded. Terry says they are fine and she is coming with to show me.

Glad to see the power is back for everyone. Never fun to lose power unless you are young and in love with who you are with. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  12:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon from Central NY,

Rick thanks for the cold soda; it hit the spot. Easy on the mowing in this heat.

Larry glad to hear that you escaped any damage from the weather. Talked to my cousin, who lives in NC, and he says the weather has been crazy also.

Mike I'd much rather contend with the winter than all that crazy stuff in NC.

Jerry keep plugging away at the mill; you'll get there. The humidity is no joke, especially when you get older.

Tom sure hope they find out what's wrong with you soon. It has to be bad feeling like that all the time.

Another 90+ day with high humidity and another heat advisory. Hopefully this ends soon. Been a busy morning; I think that it's time to relax this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  2:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and severe clear here W of the bridge. Made it in under 4 hrs and traffic was moderate. State Highway is working on some serious erosion along the lake.

80 and low humidity as we arrive in our area.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  08:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Partly sunny, with a high near 90 with possible rain and thunderstorms after 1PM.

Busy day today.
Want to do a bike ride, mow the backyard before it rains.
Got a call from work that they didn't get my paperwork from the place I did my physical.
Since I have to run a few errands anyway I'll go there and ask them to fax the paperwork to the medical dept.
Last but not least is study for my test.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  09:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee and happy weekend.

Karl, glad the trip was uneventful.

Tom, hope you feel better today.

Jerry, have fun on the mill.

Larry, stay cool.

105F forecast for today...

Headed to lodge for the day to work. Lots of paperwork to process this time of year.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  09:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you today, good luck.

Mike paperwork is always an interesting task. Go for it.

Karl glad you had a safe trip up north.

Tom feeling any better?

Jerry is this a beach day?

Well not quite so hot today with the high in the mid 80's and the humidity seems to be a lot less with a nice breeze. I too have a busy day ahead with appointments. Some days there is nothing then they all seem to come in a bunch.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  10:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.

You sure have a lot on your plate this morning!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/80. But the dam humidity is a killer again. Always a chance for the T-storms.

Yes it will be a beach day last of the grandkids leaving later today.
I'm sure they'll be back before summer ends.

Jerry

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000