Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 229 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  09:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Some days just need to have nothing planned.

Jerry glad to hear that your can passed and enjoy your time with the grandkids.

Mike how's the hedger working?

Karl have a safe trip back.

Tom maybe you can get a grant from the Feds for the Railroad since they're just throwing money at everything.

Another nice day today in the mid 80's. Can't believe how expensive white exterior paint is a gallon. Well I hear the paint sprayer calling me.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe out there.

Edited by - Larryc on 08/01/2020 09:41:49 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from beautiful sunny Wisconsin. I did something I have not asked the CFO in years. I said we need to put together a hobby budget which of course would include her horses. Her reply was my horses have no budget, paused, just like your trains. We both had a good laugh! She is very fine with my trains and always has been supportive. The difference here is instead of creeping into large scale I went in with a thud. I also have a SIL who with his bull dozer would put a ROW all around the property but I reined him in the other day. He wants 3-4 miles and is at 1 3//4. I didnít tell him but the ties and rail on order should do 4 miles. He actually is using the engineering specs from the CN for road bed. He said it needs to last, I told 15 years and Iíll be happy.
Enjoy your day.
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  12:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and fresh at get up and go this morning with moderate traffic. Weíre 1/4 the way down the middle finger of the mitten with 180 miles to go per the in dash navigation. Moving the trailer was painless this am, was going to say went without a hitch but itíd be a trick for sure to do that!

One our State Troops, 33 married with 2 kids, just died after a 3 week battle from injuries from being hit headon by a drunk not far from our home.

The place saw considerable progress this week. It will sit for a few days waiting for the trusses and a small side job Hammerin Dan has. Itís been exciting to watch the progress and professional job being done. Good we were there as there were major questions we needed to answer.

Weíre at the 75/127 split making good time. The Doll is doing a fine job. Iím going to chill, as well as I can riding shotgun. Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  06:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 93. Heat index values as high as 105.

Mike, congrats on the hedger.

Jerry, not sure if today will be a shore day.

Karl, my condolences to you and the troopers family and friends.

Tom, WOW!
4 miles.
That's a heck of a project.

Larry, hope the painting went well.

Hump day for me.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain is on the menu here in lower Michigan today. We had a good safe trip home yesterday arriving late in the afternoon after a couple of stops along the way. The stop at a garage/estate sale by the Doll on Friday has her dormant antiquing genes aflame.

TomO that's quite a big deal you're working on. Winter's coming, hope you have a snow plow in the MOW equipment.

No plans today, just decompress and rain.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  08:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Fried chicken and waffles with maple syrup are on the counter. Enjoy.

It's a beautiful morning on the Brazos. 97F forecast for the high, no rain. I plan to load all the bush trimmings from yesterday and haul them away.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  09:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Mike thanks for the breakfast.

Weather in South Jersey right now cloudy/80. Later 87.
Should be a nice day at the beach with the kids.

Tom 4 miles that a pretty long run!

Karl glad your home safe.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  09:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. It wonít be 4 miles point to point. It is a planned 1 mile out, a loop and return on the same. There will be 2 sidings but a staging yard of 4 stub end tracks right at the maintenance building. There also will be a long spur to the gravel pit, that will make it easier to get the ballast. I want a year or so of running to see what I really got my self into. Then we can expand. Have a great day.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  11:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. Happy Hump Day! The painting went well with using about a half gallon of paint with the sprayer.

Karl glad to hear that you arrived home safely. Enjoy your "no plans"day.

Mike you got the hedger working; congrats. Thanks for the tasty breakfast.

Jerry sounds like the temps in your area are going down; hopefully so is the humidity. Enjoy the beach with the grandkids.

Tom that is a very ambitious railroad that you have going. At least you don't have to worry about trying to find room for it in the house.

Mid 80's today with some rain. There is a nice breeze coming in from the NW. Not much planned for today; I think that it's going to be a rest day.
Have a great day guys.

Edited by - Larryc on 08/02/2020 11:22:25 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  4:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larryc

Tom that is a very ambitious railroad that you have going. At least you don't have to worry about trying to find room for it in the house.

Larry, definitely will not fit in the house! Plenty of property to develop a ROW though so not a real issue. I just have to rein myself in. Hopefully, I will have some pictures to give to a Rick to post over the next month or so. They start packaging it up tomorrow.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  06:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of showers, mainly after 5pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Larry, enjoy your rest.

Tom, can't wait to post your pics.

Jerry, must of been incredibly hot at the beach yesterday.

Mike, I'm sure you were bushed after you got finished.

Karl, welcome home.

Got a rare 013 for the day.
That's the payroll code for not being rested for your assignment.
I got moved up to a rear brake job and had less than 8 hours between my off duty time and this mornings sign up time.
Man was it hot yesterday.
Couldn't wait to get home and take my sweaty uniform off.

Bike ride in the AM.
Also need to pay property tax today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  07:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather wise a nice morning. in South Jersey sunny/76. Later on 91.

Yesterday was warm at the beach but very windy in the afternoon actually we had to leave because of the sand storm.

Sprinkler man is due to be here this am. and I have an eye appointment.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  09:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool and grey in the 60s in MI this morning. It's rained overnight and may be an off and on day of that.

I drilled countless holes with the drill press and ran vertical metal rods on the Campbell Howe truss I've been doing since we had snow on the ground. The Doll spent much of the day with her grand daughter and had a good time.

I have no big plans fr today so may work on the bridge some more afterwhile.

Great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  09:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy 013.

Sounds like a nice "layout" Larry.

I was not only bushed last night, I went to bed at 9 PM. Sadly I woke up at 2:30...

97F here today, no rain.

Going to work in back yard today.

Jerry, good luck at doc.

Karl, I love that Howell bridge. Can't wait to see it finished.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  10:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Sounds like the whole work thing wasn't your fault; sounds like Management goofed. We were lucky at work. In the summertime we could wear a company issued T-shirt that had the Wegmans logo on it which made things much better; and of course there was multiple trips to the Produce Cooler each day.

Tom looking forward to seeing some pics of your new project.

Jerry hopefully your sprinkler guy shows up this morning. Good luck at the eye Doctor.

Karl looking forward to seeing the truss bridge completed; always like to see other peoples work.

Mike hopefully you got enough rest. Easy on the backyard work. I hate when I wake up that early and then can't get back to sleep.

Nice day today with temps in the low 80's and a nice breeze. Going to mow the lawn today and work on getting some unused wires off the front of the garage to prep before the siding starts.

Great day everyone.

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000