Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 211 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 87

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  7:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening gents.
Quick check in after getting home.

Here's one of Tom's pictures of his dumpsters.

Looks good Tom.

Mike, sorry about your friend Leo.
My condolences.
After looking at Mario's sight Leo was an excellent modeler.

See you in the AM.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  9:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Rick, see guys I do model!

Home alone on this still warm at 91 muggy evening. Oppressive all day with very little wind. My son in Austin tells
me he is getting battered by winds and some rain from the hurricane in Corpus Christy Texas.

I broke open a bottle of Batch 021 bottled at the Jim Beam distillery. It says it’s a single barrel Bourbon aged 6 to 10 years in a neat bottle that came UPS
today from my brother. The bottle label is confusing as it says it’s from Barrell Bourbon. Having just taking a sip, it has got a kick at 107 proof. There are
other flavors and blends in the cabinet, with cold brews and sodas in the frig.

Have a great evening, stay cool.
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  07:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 94.

You're welcome Tom.
Anytime you or anyone else needs a picture posted email it to me and I'll take care of it.

Which leads me to a question.
I still log in here on a Mac desk top.
I still don't have a smartphone.
I do have an iPad but mainly use it as a remote for my stereo and my bicycling app.
How do the rest of you log in here?

Have a great day everyone.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  07:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of pictures, right after I just posted I found this picture posted on Facebook of Tom's layout.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  07:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Tom, nice job on the dumpsters.

Rick, I always log in on a PC, either laptop or desktop.

It's very humid this morning which is unusual for our location. Looks like 20% chance for rain every day.

The memorial service for Leo Palitti was very nice. It looked like the entire Texas Western train club showed up. Everyone in masks and social distancing which is good.

Smoking a St Louis style ribs today with corn on the cob, coleslaw, and other stuff.

Hope to wash MG today and put on a new cover.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  08:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Rick. I post on a few places in Facebook because it is so darn easy. I have anti virus, I block ads, I have 7 family and 3 modeling buddies as friends.
Facebook is as safe as you want it to be, don’t respond to ads that ad blocker can’t stop, like politics and you will be fine. Funny about the dumpsters that I am working
on, in my email, yesterday and this morning were tons of ads for using their dumpster services! All because of the online researching.

Logging on here, easy for me. The only online link devices I use are Apple products. The IPadPro’s and my 5SE cellphone that I don’t use for forum reading. Terry does
have a windows based laptop, only used for personal bill paying and watching the books on the property management company, absolutely nothing else allowed for
security reasons. We have been embezzled twice and she caught it early both times. Unplugged when not in use. We aren’t too paranoid, but we are.

Enjoy your day, when I came out to the deck it was already oppressively humid at 6:15AM. Stay cool.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  08:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Grandkids are getting ready to head to the beach.

Tom nice looking dumpsters.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/77. Later 93!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  12:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy and low 80s in the finger tip region of the mitten. Heading up to da Yoop in mild traffic compared to those South bound and down.

I actually worked a couple of hours on my Campbell Howe truss bridge. The Doll and her girls went kayaking yesterday while I did that. A couple childhood experiences have me shy away from water “adventures” it yet here I am building on the big lake. Go figure.

30 miles to The Bridge. Getting darker, nervous Nellie is lifting for all the curves. Forecast is for rain and flooding where we’re headed. Whoopee!

Everyone have a good day. Time to pay attention to the ride and get the white knuckles going. LOL Glad not to be in the Southbound rush.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  1:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon,

Rick thanks for the soda. My computer that I use is a Mac mini. The only problem that I have is trying to post pictures with Safari; doesn't work. I downloaded Chrome for the Mac and as you can see, by my thread, it posts photos just fine.

Mike I can smell those ribs cooking, yum-yum. Enjoy your meal...sounds delicious. Still looking forward to those pics of the MG.

Tom those are some nice looking dumpsters. The layout is looking good also. I don't know how "techie" you are; but if you downloaded google chrome from google's website for your Ipad then you might be able to post pics on this forum. That's what I use on my mac mini and it works well.

Jerry enjoy the beach with the grandkids.

Karl have a safe trip. "White Knuckle" rides used to happen to me driving in the winter to work at 4am; before the plows were out. Great fun. Lol.

Going back up into the 90's for a couple of days. Mowed the lawn this morning before it got too hot. Getting in some bench time today working on the Farm.

Enjoy your day gents and be safe.

Edited by - Larryc on 07/26/2020 1:49:25 PM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  2:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon. I could handle adding Chrome to the IPadPro but I try very had not to use Google.
My searching is done with DuckDuckGo.com. Thank you for the picture comments.

Tom

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2020 :  03:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny and hot, with a high near 97.

Larry, I've only used Safari and never had a problem.

Karl, safe travels.

I add the 63'rd candle to my cake today.
Stopping at Wegman's on the way home from work to pick up a nice steak for dinner.
There will be a cigar and some bourbon after dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2020 :  08:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

AN A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!

Your still just a toddler wait to you get to my age!!

Grandkids are gone. Them an there parents will all be back Saturday but not at our house. They rent four houses in Seaside Park!!

No work from the bench. To dam hot out there.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2020 :  08:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the front porch in Wisconsin. Cooler, they say less humid but definitely already more wind. The normal back deck is being protected by the house
from the wind so the in front I am!

I will try picture posting later today, I just follow the sticky directions and a Rick has seen the errors I get. Not much else today, we maybe daring and do a quick meat run for the specials “Today
Only”. We actually are into the reserves! Seems the ladies on weekends let the hubbies or SO sleep in before dog walking. It has been quite busy and the dog walkers look damn good this morning.

Rick, Happy Birthday.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 07/27/2020 08:36:10 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/27/2020 :  08:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We made it. Passed thru a little rain but found there to have been a heck of a storm that had 6-8 inches of water swirling round the camper. It was about an inch below the fold down step. We had to borrow some wood from the construction stash to make a bridge after cutting down a half dozen small trees.

Bob and Dan the builders just arrived. The day is beginning bright and sunny. They’re going to start framing today. They have the basement covered with all the osb sheets that they the painted with heavy paint to protect from rain just like we’d had yesterday.

It’s going to ~80 today after a really damp 65-70 overnight.

A beautiful bald eagle flew over us as we sat on the beach of Lake Michigan last evening. The Doll saw an Golden Eagle last week while up here. They’re bigger than the Bald Eagle.

Everyone have a nice day. Things are already draining quite well but will remain wet for some time.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2020 :  08:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee and...

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000