Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 88

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  12:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Mike good luck on your clinic today. Those ribs should be tasty.

Karl using a chainsaw gives you quite a workout. Have fun with the apple tree.

Tom people watching can be quite entertaining. Enjoy.

Rained yesterday afternoon and right through the night until early this morning. Finally some measurable rain! Mid 80's today, nice breeze, and low humidity.
Some outside work this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  7:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone

Sorry I missed the coffee this morning Rick.

But today the beach was great. A nice breeze thank God. Because it was hot!!

Been graining wood for the mill. Holy Sh*t I didn't realize how much this was going to take!!!!

Anywho the bar is well stocked so help yourself.

I'm having my usual Eagle Rare but I think first I'm going with a cold beer!!

If your around. we can't solve the problems of the world. But we can figure out why more people don't post here...

I'll be back!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  9:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
POur mr a double, Iím in the need....Apple tree had a reprieve for the day. I felt too good and the weather was too nice to spoil with sawdust and sweat. Ran some errands and then took the Doll to dinner, Mexican food at a place that used to be great, been some years since I had been there. Sunday fill in cook should go. Even the take out must be mediocre, found a whole plate of beans and rice on the ground outside my truck leaving.

My driverís license expires this week and I had a mailer from the state I needed to come in for a personal renewal, new photo. Stopped at the Sec of State office in the UP last week, said you needed an appointment, apply online. So, today I did.....earliest available Sept 22 in the UP, October around home here in the area, late in the month. sure has a sense of humour. Catch 22 does allow you to go to end of Sept under her majestyís missives. Itís going to be interesting, the instructions say that FACE MASK IS REQUIRED at their office so the license photo should be interesting.

Nice comfortable evening going on here, but she needs the a/c tonight. Oh well, our once nice to see walking neighbor was mowing today, TomO. She had a baby over the winter, kind of rolls over the mower seat now....but the lawn does look better.

Time to take the Ďashbiní to the curb as they say across the pond. Everyone have a good evening! Pour all yíall another on me...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  11:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening to all. A beautiful day in the neighborhood. I am going to have a beer. Solving the worlds problems maybe over rated but it should not be that hard.

I made a purchased over 2 years in the making today and my wife is still laughing at me. I purchased a outdoor railroad. The scale is 1:8, 2 diesels, a couple riding cars a gondola and a boxcar. Over 2000í feet of track 8 turnouts and almost a whole shop. Enjoy the evening.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  08:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Coffee is on. Water for the tea guys and Ice cold sods in the fridge.
Eggs anyway you want them with sides of bacon, sausage & hash browns. Toast and English muffins.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/76. Later 90.
If you need me I'll be at the beach,

Still graining wood. And I must not forget this all has to be stained yet.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  08:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 89.

Bike ride and got to fix the gutter in front of the garage.
Came loose on Friday when we had all that rain.

Have a great day everyone.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  08:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry we did it again.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  08:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Jerry, thanks for coffee and that delicious breakfast! Hope you have fun at the bench.

It's another warm day in Texas. High forecast for 102F, down from 107F. Must have had a cold front come through.

Big event for me today is the presentation of a clinic on the NMRA Gateway Convention X. The topic is roofing and details. This is going to be interesting, not seeing the audience...

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  09:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick we have to stop meeting like this! People will began to talk!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  09:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck. High will be mid 80ís and it is very nice right now. The English muffin will be great
thanks Jerry. Terry wants a couple windows washed and I need the ladder, there will I bet end up being more
then one, since I have the ladder out. Enjoy the day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  10:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temp in 60s this morning, a/c and full ceiling fans Roaring inside.

Headed out to get porch paint. I hate to paint but it is needed. More comfortable outside today. Already taken a walk.

Later

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/13/2020 11:45:11 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  10:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry thanks for the breakfast and coffee. Some modeling projects take waaaay longer than you think they will; keep at it you'll win.

Karl hope you get your license sorted out without too much trouble.

Tom sounds like someone is going for a ride. Have fun with your outdoor R.R. The whole washing window thing with the Wife... ya been there done that.

Rick thanks for cuppa #2.

Mike good luck on your clinic; even if it is done remotely.

High today in the mid 80's and a nice breeze. Maybe some rain latter. Back outside today to build more shutters for the house.

Everyone enjoy your day.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  12:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larryc

Tom sounds like someone is going for a ride. Have fun with your outdoor R.R. The whole washing window thing with the Wife... ya been there done that.
Everyone enjoy your day.

Larryc

Washing windows was anti climatic. I went to get the ladder she went for the hose. I get around the house and the first window is done. She purchased windex for a hose thingy. Rinse, apply soap, rinse again from the ground. However, 1 hour later she is inspecting them!

The ride-on yard trains were a dream of my dad and I caught it from him. 2+ years ago I thought I had a deal but really didnít as he really didnít want to sell. He passed last year and his family asked if I was still interested. Nope, and when they called last month I said possibly. Still on the fence last week. Talking to my brother last week, he just got a place in Hawaii and I asked him why, his answer because Iíve always wanted to and I could afford it. Terry, my wife said just get it over and buy it. So, after more dickering the family got a chunk of money, Allied Special Transport got a good job and I have a rest of lifetime project. HO will become a Winter hobby.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom O

The whole outdoor railroad sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have to put down the track like G scale with stone underneath and ballast? That will be definitely be a lifetime project. Suppose that it could go under the "large scale forum".

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  9:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening from the deck again. The refreshments, mixers or sodas are cold. The cabinet is open and the Eagle Rare is ready for Jerry and who ever wants some. Water tonight for me.

Larryc, it is definitely large scale. It has to be built like the real thing. My SIL has the path already leveled, it was going to be another horse trail but not now. I want grades limited to 1%and that might be an issue. I am looking for composit ties or maybe concrete, but definitely not wood. Tomorrow the SIL will be laying down a gravel base for the ties, it should go ok. Told him I will be out there at 6 as he is taking the grass crew and putting them to work on the railway, the grass hasnít grown in 2 weeks, so...

TomO

Page: of 88 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000