Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 87

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/08/2020 :  08:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 60 going to 86 today, 0% rain. 100% work. Tomorrow going to 90, inside day.

The country is replacing a bridge from 1921 on the cross road .1-.2mi from me. They've been using a pile driver the last few days. Must be fun at the house about 200 feet away.

We went for a drive yesterday and saw two wooden covered bridges, one NE of Grand Rapids has been there for many years, the other about 5 miles away is a brand new replacement for an old legendary bridge that was destroyed by a fire 5-6 years ago by creatures of the night....it's not yet open, was scheduled to be a month or so into the virus outrage, hasn't been finished yet. I haven't had time to process the images I took.

Man in the Saddle with Randolph Scott was the evening entertainment. A journeyman's effort at a "B" western if there ever was one. Randolph Scott is no Gary Cooper or Duke, for sure, but fits the bill, stetson, boots and a six gun slung off his hip. Ws "Great Scott" weekend on the INSP channel, peddling all the usual drugs and crackpot geehaws from cable tv's vault of cures and remedies...

MAY trim a tree or two today. Or...?

BE Well all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/08/2020 :  09:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the beautiful weather deck in Verona, Wisconsin. What a great morning, 74 now heading to 90+ with a slight breeze. No rains predicted
but a pop up can occur anywhere. I have a meeting with the contractor and realtor this morning. The son and possibly girlfriend are coming in this afternoon,
and my brother will stop and pick me up for a meeting in Marshfield this afternoon, told him we must be back by 6. My wife says we wonít make it!

Rick, thatís a tough schedule. I have worked 3rd shift from 11 to 7 but getting off at 2...thatís...

Thankfully my boring past few weeks is changing, lots of items on the agenda. Have a great day.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 06/08/2020 09:29:19 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  06:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 89.

Jerry, hope Diane's daughter is feeling better.

Just the usual activities and chores here today and the start of another week at work.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  07:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you have an uneventful work week.

98F

Dogs go to groomers this morning, otherwise, no plans.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  08:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and near 70 going to 90 today here in MI.

I have a trip to get an Rx in the plan for today, nothing beyond that so far. 90 and I donít coexist well. Most likely will work on projects inside.

Everyone have a fine day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  08:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Her daughter was feeling much better last night thanks for asking.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/70. Later on 88!

This will be a beach day for sure.
I did get to spend about an hours last night working on the mill.
Cut out the foam core so I can see how much space i need for this.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  09:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, it is gorgeous on the deck here but we have monsoon type rains coming in the late afternoon and staying a couple days. Yesterdayís business trip up north with my brother was exciting to me and I am fully engaged for the 1st time since the pandemic began 75 days or so. It was tough on my brother because he is such a control freak and is not in control of this mess up by the guy he sold to and holds the note for business.

The son 6í2Ē and his cute little 5í1Ē girlfriend Alexa (true name) are here, they are out helping the SIL batten down the property. It is good to have help. When the horses couldnít come back fro Texas in March because of pandemic she bonded with one of them. I guess the reunion yesterday was like the dog greeting the master, Terry said it was neat.

I am on the deck till the sun comes around the corner, another 90 minutes. Enjoy your day.

Tom

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  09:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Tom, glad you enjoyed the business trip and your time on the deck.

Jerry, will there be a progress pic?

Karl and Mike, no plan days are are A-OK with me.

Other than a bike ride and a walk with the dog I have nothing else in particular planned.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  09:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Yes I will post a picture as soon as its all glued up. Hopefully tonight.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/81. Later 90.

Will be at the beach if you need me!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and near 80 this morning already, we're in a "Hang on to you a**" outlook for severe weather today, the Grd Rapids folks say only once or twice a year does this area get that label. Noon to 6 the zero hours. Yesterday's remnants from the almost a hurricane were mostly to our West, TomO may be able to give a firsthand report on that. With the 88-90 temps yesterday, very little was accomplished. The no-plans were totally completed. We did transfer a fair bit of $$ to the power company in da yoop so our project stays on it's slightly progressive schedule.

Had a room mate in college on year 6-7, his gal was just 5', she'd stand on a chair to manage osculation*...

Everyone have a good day, safe and healthy!

*https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/osculation

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  09:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a 90% clear blue sky in So. Central Wi. The dreaded monsoon predictions of yesterday hit all around us but we barely got touched. I must have started checking the radar screens around 2 but we were either on the edge of something or in the clear. I donít think we got a 1/2Ē of the rain. Towns and cities around us, a different story per the TV guy. Lots of trees down, electric out and flooding. I am now on the deck relaxing. Our high today will be 78 and they claim the next batch of monsoon like storms will hit between noon and 3 and stay overnight. My unskilled radar skills tell me the storms will arrive after our dinner or 6:30 for those that like time. I checked about 20 minutes ago and the leading edge is around Cedar Rapids, Iowa down to Lawerence, Kansas. The colors on the radar seem more intense then the monster we missed yesterday. My brother flies Out at 11 or so and the son and I will leave here with him in about 20 minutes or 9 our time. The brother wants to check out the plane Brian is flying. I have not a clue about planes now a days, the tech improvements in the past 10+ years is amazing. Planes to me are like cars, a necessary need, so its 2 geeks and a could care less guy today.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  06:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 2pm and 3pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 83.

Hope no one had any troubles with those storms.

Karl, thanks for the dictionary link.
That's a new word for me.

Tom, always wanted to learn how to fly.

Definitely an indoors day today.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  07:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/71. Bad T-storms later on!!

Dog to the groomer. Got to go!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  08:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temp in the 50s this morning in MI. It went to the mid 80s yesterday by noon and most of the afternoon we were under waves of strong storms, gully washers, that left a lot of rain and considerable damage to things around the area, not any damage here but power was out in areas to our South and to the North. The rain was torrential at times. Today its severe clear for sure.

No big plans yet but I did notice the lawn getting rough looking yesterday, so that will likely occupy some time. Our friend that has a place about1/2 mile South of ours just went up Tuesday. He said the wind was so strong up there he was blown off his little camper's porch while sitting in a lawn chair. Says he can't get to the beach at his place due to intervening water.

Have a good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  08:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's a bright 60F morning on the Brazos with a cold front keeping the high down to 93F. A beautiful day indeed.

Today is another Saturday. No plans other than making beans, ham, and cornbread.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000