Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 212 ]  [ Total: 212 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  11:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Service providers are often a pain in the posterior. We experienced problems with DTV, Dish, and I finally pulled the plug and tried Hulu and finally settled on YouTube TV and love it. It is a third the price of Dish and DTV. Since it is Internet based, it's important to have good service there too. We only have ATT and Spectrum here. Spectrum seems to be much more reliable.

Have fun,
Mike

Donít get me started on internet service.....I have what is represented to be DSL at a whopping speed of 10 if you hold your head just right and play the tap your tummy and rub your head game. I have to play the ďgonna quit ya gameĒ with them every few months, too. Small independent phone co that was bought up by CenturyLink, based in this area, over 100 miles NE of us, main office in Louisiana. An area electrical coop is putting in fiber, but their service area stops 2/10 mile South of me. Cable in this area is nonexistent. My tin can has a frayed string and is quite rusty.. Had satellite internet once....another wholesale horror story....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.

Karl, sorry the loss of your two friends.

TGIF

Tried posting a picture in this months photo gallery before work but the forum software wasn't cooperating.
Anyone else have a problem?

Got lucky yesterday and things stayed dry long enough for me to mow the backyard.
Maybe I'll get lucky again and do the front.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  08:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Saturday morning. (I checked upper left corner of the IPad for the day) Rick, I did not see you online but I deleted my coffee sentence and we can go with yours. I am on the deck of house and it is 64, partly clear, slightly breezy with a few flying annoying things. The humidity has dropped and will be below 50% the next day or 2.

Internet, the service can be a pain. The old dial up modems, satellite if the weather was decent, DSL and now fiber at top speed. The problem lately has been the throttling down of the speed, 1000mbs ordered, about 800 delivered and now throttled down to around 300 but no pricing break. I record speeds everyday and have for the 3 years we have had it. They claim itís my side, they claim the agreement says 1000 not guaranteed and now they claim the pandemic. They had to slow it down to even out speeds because of the huge daily traffic increases because of home schooling. Itís a scam for big corporate.

No farmers markets today or all season yet. They have drive up service but thatís like the grocery store. We want to see and feel what we are buying, oh well, it will be back someday. A nice day here but not a lot to do. Have a good day.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 06/06/2020 08:41:17 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  08:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and cool, pleasantly so, in MI. 65 stated for the nearest TV outlet in Grd Rapids.

The covid thing is over, those excoriated a couple weeks ago by our dictator in chief for protesting her draconian orders are now racists and those, her among them, marching hand in hand across the state are enlightened and "the cause" overrides any health issues. You can not get a haircut but can march and scream to your heart's content. Restaurants are permitted to open in the next couple of days but many will not be able to.

Rick I've had problems the last couple of days with -timeout- after hitting the SUBMIT REPLY box. Usually, like today, I post using the Quick Reply section at the bottom of the screen.

All day on the green machines yesterday and the lawn looks decent, getting dry. I have a goodly number of now quite large white pine trees that I mow around and some of them have clusters that send out a cloud of dusty pollen that coats everything,. Big Johnie Green looks like it's been in a woodworking shop with all the pine dust all over it. Temp ranged up to 85/6 mid day. Humids not too bad.

In the evening last night I worked some on a metal model truck I've been working on a minute or two at a time for weeks. Getting closer to being able to paint subassemblies, cab and chassis, and maybe even finish it before long.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 06/06/2020 12:05:26 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  08:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Another mostly cloudy/72. Later 89 with more thunderstorms.

Hopefully the storms will be later an we can head to the beach.

Work continues on the Ore Feeder slow but sure.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  11:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, two coffees is never a problem.

Karl, Unless I'm posting a picture I always post in the Quick Reply box.
But yesterday I couldn't even get to that.

Haven't heard from Mark or Dave in a while.
Hope they are OK.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  12:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's a bright day on the Brazos with the forecast for 98F this afternoon. Think I'll smoke some salmon for lunch, then work on the plant watering system after lunch. Later, a nap.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  2:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Good morning folks,

Think I'll smoke some salmon for lunch,
Have fun,
Mike

Manna from Heaven.

Saddest part of our last trip to the UP we found my favorite Smoked Fish shop, the Cut River Party store has closed.....

Is it possible to smoke salmon without loading up with salt? I have some issues with too much of that....but oh....my smoked fish is so great, especially salmon.

Ground beef $6.99/lb here today.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 06/06/2020 2:55:32 PM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  08:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and temp in the 50s this morning. Nice day to take it easy, but sure that won't be allowed. There is plenty to do.

WE had the Doll's girls and a couple grand kids and a son-in-law here yesterday. They were fun and we had a nice visit. Late in the heat of the day the Doll and daughter and grand daughter decided decided to drag the pieces of a "pergola" out of the Doll's shed and bring it to the the deck and put it up. I supervised and consulted and was a tool gopher. Seemed to wear me out, the Doll's happy, tho. It should be nicer on the deck shading the sun in the afternoon.

Everyone have a good day. Coffee and cinnamon rolls are on the table.....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  09:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin where the weather is nice with a high of 83 coming. Computer free 12 hours start at 9am and I have a real
book ready and I have my chair on the deck ready. Have a great day.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  09:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Karl, thanks for coffee.

It's another summer day with 5% chance of rain, LOL. 98F the high.

Working outside again today. I may take the MG to get more potting soil.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  10:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Karl, thanks for getting us started and for the coffee and cinnamon roll.

Sounds like everyone has a nice day planned.
Nice here too.
Sunny and 80's.

Bike ride and build a fire in the bike yard and read my book while having a cigar.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/08/2020 :  07:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 79.

Didn't do a bike ride yesterday but there will be one today.
This working till 2AM is not working out well for me.
Don't get to bed till around 3 and then the dog is waking me up at 6.
I do go back to bed but don't feel rested all day and don't have any motivation to do anything.
I bid another job in that starts and ends earlier on the weekends.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/08/2020 :  08:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope the bid works out for you.

It's a bright morning on the Brazos. Temp is forecast for 97F.

Plumber comes today to install a higher toilet for Mom. Otherwise, not much going on.

Have fun,

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/08/2020 :  08:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

I hope you get the new bid. That's some terrible hours your working right now.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/63. Later on 78.

Looks to be a beach day.

Yesterday we spent the day in North Jersey with the kids. Diane's daughter wasn't feeling well at all. No virus.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000