Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 156 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  10:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning and happy mother's day!

have a good one!

P

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  11:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and chilly 50s, turning to rainy later as the day plods along...Happy Motherís Day to the batter halves. As a worthless but interesting itíd-bit, Motherís Day began being celebrated in my home town. Albion, MI, also the home of the hymn The Old Rugged Cross written by a student years ago at the hoity-toidy Albion College a bastion of liberal arts. https://albionmich.net/mothers_day/ Not a single one of the businesses shown in the photo under that link exist there today. Nor much else but the college and a bankrupt town that canít even manage a school district.

No plans here today.

Guess I missed something along the way, TomO, so youíve sold the house and are moving....?....so much different on the W side of The lake. Realtors, too, have been forbidden from working here until this next week. McD burritos are a favorite here, get on a roll like a kid with them, want them every day for a week or so and then, canít stand another for a couple of months. Gotta have 2 with mild picante sauce, funny tasting red-orange ooze...

Safe and healthy all. Happy Momís Day

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 05/10/2020 11:32:58 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  07:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Cloudy all day with temps in the low 60's and maybe some rain.

Tom, did you sell your house?

Mike and Jerry, hope you had a nice dinner.

Hi Philip.

Karl, that is interesting about your home town.

Bike ride, meal prep and some general cleaning planned for today.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  08:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope your ride went well.

It's 62F this morning, headed to 82F this afternoon. A beautiful day is in store.

Mother's day was nice. We had Zoom meetings with the kids and another for Mom and sisters. Technology is good.

Not sure what the day holds. Outdoors mostly.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  08:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/54. Later some rain/63.

We had a great time with Diane's son and wife. Dinner was delirious!

Maybe some model time later on today!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  09:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning yes from a house that has been sold in So. Central Wisconsin. We had a few folk actually come through the house but only serious lookers, many requested the virtual tour that was available. No idea how the realtor qualified but didnít care. If there was a mandate against selling in Wisconsin I was unaware of it. The buyers are the people who had to back out as he had Covid19 in Italy. The house we were going to move into is 99% ready but also has been being shown by the realtor and has had 1 offer we countered on. Terry and I are going northeast in Wisconsin for a month or so to Baileys Harbor in Door County which is a huge tourist area but will be quiet this summer. Boating on Lake Michigan will be fun and pay back for Terry making me ride the horses that will be coming with. Karl if you have a dock in the UP we can come up for a day, but I will not cross the Lake to see Pete unless we have a much more experienced sailor then I am. My brother has that experience and has been pushing for a few years for us to use the place. We had thought about Austin with our son but he also sold his place. He has plans for building I do not agree with but as long as he is happy itís not for me to tell him it is a bad idea. I think the g/f is influencing him on this one. He has been begging us to come down as he wants us to see the places he has been looking at. Texas is mostly open but I am leary of traveling by plane and by car is out for the time being. That the stories. Have a great day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  09:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Grey Ja Vu in Michigan today. Forecast calls for sun later but only in 40s temp wise.

No dock at the Sunnyside Camp, TomO, Lake Michigan is so shallow it would take a pontoon to get close up. We're looking forward to heading up that way, the Doll has her horse whip all oiled to crack over the heads of the workers, when and if.

Tinkered with a 3d project yesterday and the Doll heard from kids thru out the day. I heard from my 2 also.

Well, Monday is here. 13 hours until bed time...Zzzs went well overnight in contrast to the night before.

Everyone have a safe and healthy day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  07:01:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 60.

Start of another work week for me.
Bike ride, dog walk for sure before I go.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  07:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope this week at work is an easy one.

It's thunderstorms and 81F today. Think I'll stay inside.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  08:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick, Mike and anyone coming into the G-lounge. It is a brisk sunny morning but no where near the hard frost temperatures they were talking about. Last day in the house and last night was kind of neat. M beloved wife decided to have the oven self clean as she went to bed at 1. Every smoke alarm went off and stayed on for about 10 minutes, boy you talk about waking from a sound sleep, that will do it. For the balance of the week we are going to stay in the property management offices which happens to be the only thing in my name, every thing else is corporate. Itís the 1st duplex we purchased in the Madison area and where Kait lived while she attended the UW and where we planned to live when we moved here.

Wisconsin has opened small businesses as of noon yesterday with no warning. Our daily infection rate has gone down the last 2 weeks due to Safer at Home but, the death rate has gone up some. We have no plans to change our daily routine though and will basically stay sheltered. Have a great day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  09:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything still on lockdown unless you're a big donor...little shops are still under the "Q" order...unlike Wisconsin, the cows haven't come home.

Sun but chill this morning...but enough about the governess...one more cold night here and a warm up is coming.

Everyone have a good day, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  12:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee. I'll put on another pot (fresh) for the other later comers!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/55 with the wind blowing at 25!
Will we ever get a sunny no wind day in Jersey!
This is like the virus a real pain in the ass!!

Did some more work on the Stamp Battery pictures latter.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  3:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Afternoon. Just about finished with all the vehicle maintenance. New starter on the van. New front brake hoses and calipers plus 4 new tires on the Jeep. Two new rear tires on Gena's car, plus rear air shocks, and the window motor is fixed (what a pain it twas).

Tomorrow a new muffler on the Jeep. Hopefully no more broke stuff! I did everything but the tire work. Close to 900 bucks. Can't wait for the Jeep muffler (gads) Wife said rain tomorrow...

Soaking some 1/43 Ertl truck parts in brake fluid for almost a week, Cab was easy, frame has been tough to remove paint, must be epoxy.

Other than that selling some stuff on ebay and hanging out with the wife. This routine is getting old but...what else...lol

Hope you are all healthy! Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  07:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 63.

Just the usual happening here.
Nothing new or exciting.

Mike, work is still very easy.
No ticket collecting yet and only 1 round trip on weekdays.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  09:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 30s, said to go to the area of 60 today. It appears we've had the last frost for awhile, as it's going to warm up some today and the next week, saw an "8" in the forecast next week some time, humids sure to follow.

Saw the jet flyover for Lansing yesterday, 2 KC-135 tankers from the Michigan Air National guard. Look quick or they're gone. Nice diversion from lockdown.

Yard work I'm sure today. Weather is better so work starts over. Lockdown continues. Works easy for a lot of folks here, there ain't any but the money for unemployment exceeds working for it. Add food stamps and it uptopian. It's getting wearing on our home front.

Rick, be safe, be well all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000