Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 223 ]  [ Total: 223 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 87

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/05/2020 :  09:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sounds like a roller coaster job to me. Glad you have a job though.

A cold front swept through last night with rain. High today forecast for 81F and sunny.

Lots of honey do's for the day.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/05/2020 :  09:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a very wet Wisconsin preventing the outdoor walk, maybe
after dinner tonight. Everyone be safe and healthy.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  07:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers, mainly after 11am. High near 54.

From the looks of everyones posts, you're all bored to heck.
I know the feeling.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  07:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's cool this morning at 50F while this cold front moves through. The high forecast for 84F this afternoon. No rain today.

Finally finished the garage reorganization and both cars are inside, safe from hail. I'm sure that a train part I need will be in the bottom box in a stack of four.

Headed to annual physical this morning, then to lodge for a while.

Have fun and be safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  08:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 43 this am going to hit 60 later, 'they' say. Probably end up outside later in the day.

Bored?, bored with being bored. Haven't received any sort of "free money" from the stimulus. Checked the IRS site and had to send some info to them, eligible but had to pay in so the bank info needed wasn't in their files. All set now. I can be like all the other's in MI with their hands out.

Good day all, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  12:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still morning in Wisconsin, so Good Morning all. Rick bored? How can you tell from a 20 word statement from me, who everyone knows is always to the point? NOT.
I just want to get out and feel free to do what we want without all these understandable safety rules. But, I know those days are gone!

Did a grocery store pickup this morning. Today was at a different store from yesterday to try to get what yesterdayís pick up did not. Hit the LHS and Michaelís curbside
Pickups. I have to break out the long ladders as Terry wants her office windows cleaned. After that the day is mine.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  4:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone.

Raining here in South Jersey.

Bored the last two days we've been sitting outside. Just to get the feel of a nice day.
Today its raining!

So I painted the hallway ceiling, walls trim,& doors!

Maybe some time playing with my Stamp later on.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  9:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Evening all!

Not much modeling in the last couple weeks. Doing the spring thing. Mostly yard and house maintenance & tons of vehicle repairs. Starter in the van and new air shocks on her Ultra. Tire shop tomorrow if I can find the tires I need. Then the Jeep needs exhaust and tires. Never ends!

Since retiring I have lost 25 pounds! Still have a long road ahead!

Have a great evening!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 65.

Philip, sorry about all the car repairs but congrats on the weight loss.

Jerry, keep the progress going on your new project.

Tom, maybe bored wasn't the right word.

Karl, hope you get your check soon.

Mike, hope the physical went well.

Nice outside today.
Mowed the backyard on Tuesday and I'll do the front today.
Go to Mom's to cut up a branch that fell with all the wind we had.
Who knows what else.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  08:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/47. Later on 71.

This could be a day to walk on the "open" beaches here in Jersey.
My indoor painting chores are done for now.

So back to working on the machinery for the mill.

Mike hope your physical went well.

Karl don't worry the check is in the mail!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and it's going to go to the 50s today.

Had a lot of yard work the Doll and I took care of yesterday, getting an area prepped for working up and putting in some grass seed in place. Had a close encounter with the new chainsaw and my left thigh yesterday, ripped pants and just grazed the skin "Just a flesh wound son, you'll live to fight another battle" Trip to the Tractor Supply to buy some kevlar chaps on today's plans.

The next week is going to be record cold with 20s and 30s in the overnights...all those folks that got excited with the governesses relaxed garden center rules are going to have plants to worry about. Garden centers should do well, selling replacements.

Ironic on the stimulus check, I got one for my mother who died in Nov 2018. Addressed to Mildred Scribner - Decd c/o Karl Scribner I'd filed a 2019 tax return for her estate that I was representative for. Tax man is looking into what should happen to it.

Well, things to do. Everyone have a good day. Safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 05/07/2020 08:58:55 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl be careful with that chain saw!!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  09:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Karl be careful with that chain saw!!

I agree.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  10:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Rick, the word is bored you are not wrong.

Karl, Karl, Karl...chain saws can kill. Be safe my friend.
The stimulus check for mom needs to be returned to the IRS. Terryís mom got hers a couple weeks ago and as of 5/1/2020 is gone a year. I understand why they sent them because they are just going by tax returns. This is based on conversations with the IRS last week as there were many conflicting reports.What I donít get is why folks like you and the Doll have not received yours yet based on your comments yesterday.

Mike, my physical was postponed due to the virus as a non-essential service. You Texans really are different.

Jerry, enjoy the beach or the bench depending on weather.

Great day everyone
Tom

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  11:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

I was up early for six month dermatologist visit. Yesterday's annual physical went well. Have to retake one element next Friday to see if it changed. Thanks all for the well wishes!

Busy morning: got diesel ($.95 off at Kroger), picked up bananas for Mom, bought new garage door sensors at Overhead Door, ate breakfast at Firehouse Grill (oh so good, been a long time). The are serving only 25% capacity. My table was over six feet from nearest person, waiters wore masks, and food was yummy: two eggs, bacon, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, coffee for $6:45. I have a happy tummy.

It felt good to get out. I have a homestead todo list a mile long for the rest of the day.

Have fun,
Mike

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000