Railroad Line Forums - On30 skill building projects
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 48 ]  [ Total: 49 ]  [ Newest Member: crossbuck ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 On30 skill building projects
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Survey: Prototypes for On3/On30 Custom Models Topic Next Topic: taking advantage of the virus shutdown
Page: of 2

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  04:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job on the roof.
Look forward to seeing your next project.

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  11:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the trick to uploading photos is to find a consistent method that works and stick with it. Recently I had to get a new laptop and Windows photo viewer was not an option...ugh...and just after I had gotten used to it! I've been learning to use the Photos Ap that came with the machine and it really isn't so bad. I think the only reason I hadn't switched to it before was that I'm a stubborn creature of habit and didn't want to change. Now I'm glad I did because the resizing is SO much simpler. Uploading photos to this forum from Firefox is still a pain, but I don't mind as I could do it in my sleep at this point. Funny how we adapt.

Anyway, your structures look great. I particularly like the yellow color and the curved top on the false front structure. Great!

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

drmsparks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  1:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moving on to the next step. Even though the deadline is past I'm going claim inspiration from the 2020 challenge thread.

I'm going to finish up a rail car my dad started before he passed.

I have a nice On30 drovers caboose to do and the San Juan 2-8-0 to head off the train.

This is a mix of On30 and On3 projects....

Download Attachment: alphaOmega.jpg
43.37†KB

Edited by - drmsparks on 05/10/2020 1:55:07 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  08:39:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your first project came out really nice.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  10:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jerry: good job on the saddlery, or whatever it is to become. Iím looking forward to your new project developing.

Mike

drmsparks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  2:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words.

My vision for the saddlery is kinda silly.....

I wanted it to be a montana hunting outfitter who sidelined running whiskey down from canada during prohibition. Apparently NW Montana was a hotspot for the east coast mafia alcohol smuggling. I am having trouble with the details though LOL.

For the new projects. Very busy with mothers day and my wifes birthday so modeling was limited. I did get most of the pre painting for the drovers caboose done. Started assembly today

Photo 1 has all the paint colors. Since I'm overlapping with my military modeling our paint scheme is based on tamiya acrylics and stuff laying around the house.

Exterior paint is RAF dark green 2 mixed 50/50 with flat white

Interior color is Tamiya cockpit green 25/75 with flat white

Trim is German Black Green.

Frame is micromark tie stain (inherited from my dad) and sepia india ink for the interior floor.

I plan on doing a partial interior so the roof will be removable.

Download Attachment: drover 2 web.jpg
52.4 KB

drmsparks
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  2:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and here is what it looks like at the start of the assembly.

Wood is way harder to work with than styrene! I had a few problems with fit but I'm writing that off to the kit being 15 years old and having been through the great flood of 2013.

I had the end around one of the doors snap a few times. Got it fixed (better than it looks in this pic.

Download Attachment: drover 3 web.jpg
51.08 KB

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  06:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good so far.
Nice color choices.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  12:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks fine to me!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Survey: Prototypes for On3/On30 Custom Models Topic Next Topic: taking advantage of the virus shutdown  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000