Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 263 ]  [ Total: 266 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2019 Nevada ghost towns & mines Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  06:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from rain soaked N.E. Indiana where it is 49f heading to 50f. The rain started last evening after the final run of the Santa Train for the first weekend. A lot of smiling kids and parents. Only a couple of 'screamers'.
The silver bullet is READY with Diesel Dan's Special blend today. The breakfast special is a short stack, scrambled eggs, and bacon. All other beverages are ready.

I've got a NMRA Division meeting tonight, and that'll be enough 'train stuff' between yesterday and today.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  08:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain this morning in Michigan, the same ole de-ja-vu weather is so depressed it's crying now. Temp in the 40s this morning will drop with a near sonic boom later in the week with temps peaking out, but no sun peaking out, in the teens. Plenty of work bench incentive.

The latest Model Railroad Hobbyist hit the virtual news stand over the weekend with Andy Keeney's Nashville Rd. the featured railroad, I'm headed over there in a few minutes for the Geezer's Monday OPS session. If you look in the photo section yours truly is in photo #75 I believe it is with a Red Cap on, no not a baggage handler.... It's a nice article about a nice, fun place to go and operate trains and enjoy the company of a fine group of guys.

WE had grand kids for the afternoon yesterday, the boy still has a terrible cough. I managed to epoxy the horns on the cab roofs of the RS-36s, Murphy helped me tremendously, one cab seemed top heavy and rolled right into the epoxy goo.... I managed to clean it up with very little damage, paint will hide it, I think. I have one more chassis to overhaul and then the paint booth.

Lions football was a snoozer, I turned it on late, became ill and had to lay down, took a great nap totally missing the second half blood bath. Positive note, the QB for the Vikings they played is a fellow SPARTAN an made us proud there. Last evening on the hardwood, the SPARTAN hoops squad did a fine job against Rutgers

Time to get around and head to ops. Take care all, warm and safe the key words of today and every day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/09/2019 08:30:56 AM

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl, and the rest of the RR-L Crew this RAINY WARM 49 degree Monday morning.

Tea and Oatmeal with coffee and Voortman later. Same ole, same ole around here.

Karl, I had that cough last week and Mary has it this week. Got her into the Med Clinic yesterday and they put her on a heavy antibiotic with Prednisone. We.ve been in and out of it for 3 months now. hard as HELL to get rid of.

Trying to clean up the last of the detail parts kit runs for Rain Scale Models. Hope to get those shipped this week. That's about all I've worked on lately.

Going to list the new Photon S 3D printer I have for sale. Need to clean some of this equipment out of here as well as a lot of left over products.
I signed up to do a Train Show in January. We'll package up a good amount of the detail parts inventory and have a table there to see how it moves. It it sells well then we'll do another show in February.

Everyone have a Fun Day in WET Train yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  08:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Karl and crew. It's a wet day in Pittsburgh. We're driving home today and it looks like we'll be in rain all day.

We had a nice visit to the Western Pennsylvania Model Railroad Museum. It's been a few years since we were there and they have made some nice changes to a great layout.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  09:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where I cannot see the railings on my deck. Foggy at 0 visibility per the TV guys but they say it will be clearing. Thanks Jim for opening and breakfast, sounds like you had fun. Karl, read the article the other day and noted it on the MRH review page. Also congratulated Andy on his FB page. Walt, doesnít sound like a retirement but as long as you have fun thatís the main thing. George safe driving, my wife has come to enjoy visiting new layouts.

Not sure what the fog will do to Terryís plans for me, I mean us today. Till she decides, I will be in the train room aka the hobby room. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  09:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is raining and in the mid-40's right now in S.E. Michigan.

Some projects around the house and some NMRA work is on the agenda for today.

Have a great day!

Bruce

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all on this wet morning in Avon Lake but not too cold yet. Got to get out to Costco in a bit then maybe a little lunch. I will be in the basement painting kitchen cabs to get project done by Christmas. See you all later.Tom

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  10:46:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

38, raining and headed all the way to 41 here in the northern mitten today.

And then things change.... Temps supposed to tank, white gifts from above arriving off and on and Wintah reasserting dominance over the next week. Wheeeeee....

PT this afternoon should be good, if the roads don't ice up before I head home....

Still need to get at the paint brush for my station build, and having "successfully" Not Done That this weekend, I want, no, Need to get at it today. We'll see....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  2:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VWell, Geezers Monday Ops is next week but i had a nice visit with Andy....was the second one to show up...sure feel dumb driving into a usually thriving spot and finding zip-zero-nada...sure be nice to have my pick of parking, tho.

I headed out to price check an orange machine for the driveway clean off....almost tempted but took the papers home to think about it. Once home the Doll called and gave me a 440v like shock on an estimate for power to our lot in da Yoop... iíll not getting any new machinery in this lifetime...all the little extras are getting my attitude really

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/09/2019 2:37:45 PM

Previous Topic: 2019 Nevada ghost towns & mines Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000