Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: best static grass dispenser?  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  07:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from cool and clear N.E. Indiana. The silver bullet is ready wirh Boilermaker brew this day. A Hoosier Haystack is the breakfast special. Deadrail, pop, and assorted beverages are all ready as well.

I kept true to my prediction of doing nothing yesterday. Actually I started a new scratchbuild and will post it in the Startin' from Scratch forum later.

Watched some IndyCar racing for about 10 minutes last night, didn't hold my attention. So I went back to drawing, and couldn't keep awake.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  07:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 54 degrees and sunny here in S.E. Michigan.

I finished mowing the lawn yesterday, worked in the basement for a while, and stopped by our son't house in the afternoon. We picked up some Michigan grown peaches and a Howell Melon from Howell, MI. (Cantaloupe Family).

A bit of work in the basement and some relaxing are on the agenda for today.

Have a great day!

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  08:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Bruce and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 54f here also in the Crossroads of America, Central Indiana. Summer seems gone.

Rain due first part of the weeks but then clearing. Not much warmer either.

Still trying to clean up the orders but they keep coming in. Maybe I should put a lock on the door for a few days.

Well, off to Church and then lunch somewhere. Mary hasn't decided yet on that.

Walt

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  08:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for opening the lounge, Jim. Always a good breakfast!

Cool start to the day here with the temperatures in the mid-teens Celsius/upper-fifties Fahrenheit right now.

The lawns require some attention this morning along with some weed trimming.

Later today, I plan to roast a chicken in the oven using a cast iron skillet. The inspiration was found on a video from "America's Test Kitchen". Apparently, the whole process takes less than an hour.

Have a great Sunday everyone,

Michael

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  08:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and end of summer-like cool in mid Michigan today, going to upper 70s today and highs in the 70s all week.

Off today, sometime, for a 16th birthday for my grand daughter. Shocking the ages these babies are becoming.

I got my new Union Pacific #4141 yesterday. Impulse preorder right after the funeral train last winter. May do a red-white-blue #4545 in the near future.

The missing cat got hungry...all is well here now.

Great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No rain due in SE NH until Thursday. Until then, early fall weather, highs in 70s, and lows around 50. I love this weather!

If my stained/dyed/painted "talus" is ready, I will work on the streambed today in Mill Valley.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  09:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's in the 70's in Tidewater Virginia. The a/c is off and the sleeping is good. It's supposed to get back in the 80's Tuesday, but till then I'm enjoying it.

We're going to be gone all September, so we're starting to think about packing and gathering needed things for the trip.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  09:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where September has popped up. We are experiencing Sept. temperatures after the hottest July on record. We watched the grandkids yesterday afternoon and evening. The little guy, 5, was going a little to fast on his scooter and I told him to slow down. Of course he didnít and wiped out a little later going downhill maybe 500í from me. He tumbled he screamed, he started running to me, went back and got his scooter. When I got there I asked are you ok, he said no, when I checked him out, not a scratch. I would have had so much road rash, he was fine. He did slow down after that.

Jim, thanks for opening, I used to love auto racing, canít seem to handle it anymore. Michael, you sound like my wife who seems to be experimenting in the kitchen a couple times a week. When I asked why, she saw it on the Food Network. Karl, everything is moving too fast. Congrats on the 16 year old. My granddaughter will be 8 on the 31st and it seems like yesterday when we were told she would have Down Syndrome, had holes in her heart and may not make it. She is now a tough little sweetheart.

Have a great day
TomO

Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: best static grass dispenser?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000