Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 130 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: best static grass dispenser? Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  07:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from 54f and severe clear N.E Indiana. Definitely feels like Summer is heading South. The coffee urn just flashed READY with Train Show Blend. Pancakes and bacon is the Special. All othe drinks are available, remember the bottle to throttle rules.

Good news on the Pete's operation, just 'keep in front of any pain tough guy!'   I was going to pick up a bus ticket for GPL to head to Traverse City.

I decided this day is going to be a 'do nothing day'. No hauling engines, no mowing, no chainsawing, no digging up the yard, nada, zip, null, zero work! I'm off! Maybe go find a train to take a picture of, or start a new project to tinker with.

Have a Super day!

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  08:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. No coffee for me. Tea and toast and tea and voortman later.

Glad for Pete.

Wearing the bearings out of the 2 3D printers trying to keep up with orders. Going to be good to finally rest come November. [}:)}

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  08:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and 51 degrees here in S.E. Michigan.

Pete, it is good to hear that the surgery went well. Thanks for the offer of the bookcases. I needed a specific size to fit the area available: 32" wide, 84" tall.

I will spend some time working in the basement, but the weather is too great to spend all day down there.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  08:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and cool back home in lower michigan. Long drive yeserday interuptdby a bit of a detour to avoid a semi truck fire that had US-2 totally blocked a couple hundred feet East of our lunch stop. Should have held out for something a bit farther down the road. Oh well, home and all is well, except one of the Doll's felines has taken a hike after we let them out, 2 came back fine.

Everyone have a good day. It's a chill out day here much like Jim mentioned.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  08:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete,

GPL snagged the bus ticket out of my hand, and was last seen at the Bluebird bus station....

GOOD LUCK!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 08/24/2019 08:48:38 AM

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  08:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for opening today, Jim. Pancakes and bacon hit the spot.

Currently 16C/61F and quite cloudy in our neighbourhood.

Pete, have a speedy recovery, and, if you need pain management, don't suffer.

Back from "The Big Smoke", aka Toronto, from a wonderful three-day family sojourn. Visits to Canada's Wonderland, and the musical parody of the TV show, "The Office" were on the itinerary. Love the city, but hate the traffic and drivers. Give me our wonderful town of 120,000 versus 5.9 million in the Greater Toronto Area.

Clean up day, inside and out. Perhaps, today, I will get an opportunity to unpack a new soldering iron I ordered about two weeks ago! The train room still beckons me when I head towards the laundry room!

Have a great Saturday whatever you're doing!

Michael

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  09:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Your weather is heading south, Jim. We're supposed to stay in the 70's today.

The grass needs cut, but before I do that, I'm going for a bike ride.

Have a good day.
George

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  09:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Pete,

GPL snagged the bus ticket out of my hand, and was last seen at the Bluebird bus station....

GOOD LUCK!

Jim

Gaaaaa! Incoming!! She bringing pastries? That could change the attitude here.

I'm not sure where I left things, but recovery commenced. I moved off the Opioid after one Thursday night pill, managed a pretty good day with one Motrin, and then, because they want me alternating this stuff with Tylenol, I followed instructions at bed time. Mistake. Should have gone back to the opioid or back to the Motrin. No sleep to speak of, pinpoint pains all over the ankle, but from different holes, and it felt like whack-a-mole down there. Motrin again this morning and things have improved greatly. It's a thrill a minute around here.

So that's where we are right now. Presumably improvement continues and I can go back to the bench, but right now my choices seem to be troll the Forums, nap, enjoy vicariously, Nap or perhaps Nap.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 08/24/2019 09:24:34 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  09:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. A do nothing day Jim, not like you, but congrats on the day off. Pete, like Jim said, stay ahead of the pain. So. Wisconsin this morning is brisk, 51 for the low overnight, it is now 57f degrees heading to 75.

It is Farmer Market day with 3 stops and we will watch the grandkids starting at 4. Horses in the middle of all that. The garage door opener broke yesterday. I watched the door open and then got showered by plastic parts. They will be out for replacement on Monday. I sold the last of my DCC diesels Tuesday and flipped the control toggle to DC power. Brought out the remaining steam and the first one out dropped a side rod which lodged in the ballast and tried to do a flip. So yesterday I ran an engine for maybe a minute.

Enjoy the day
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  10:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PERFECT weather in SE NH. Dry, sunny, highs in the low 70s, near 50 tonight.

I'm waiting for some "talus" to arrive hopefully today, for installation in the stream creek. Plus I've been doing some painting and texturing on the stream banks. One problem I have is I don't quite know the waterline, so I figure I'll paint the streambed color above the waterline, then overpaint that after the water itself is poured.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: best static grass dispenser? Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000