Railroad Line Forums - "best" static grass dispenser?
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 "best" static grass dispenser?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  10:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the consensus on which static grass dispenser works best? It seems to me there's a lot of choice and new entries on the market.

Thanks in advance!

dave
Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Martin Welberg has tried them all and because he is now in the "business" he can give you a rundown. He's a friendly guy and will respond to your questions and is on FB https://www.facebook.com/martinwelbergscenicstudios/
There are some lesser expensive ones out there but forget about those flyswatter rebuilds.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  1:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave E. as Dave M. stated the flyswatter rebuilds isn't the dream choice, however, with the price of those things unless you have a super large layout, it isn't worth the investment. I have a 16' x 30' foot layout and built one of these rebuilds; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31460 It serves the purpose, and works well enough to get the job done. I personally can't see or justify the price for the more professional grass applicators on the market. Just giving my 2 cents worth here.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  6:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

There was a guy in SLC that put on a clinic with an 'upscale' (eBay supplied High Voltage supply) that did an excellent job. I'll see if I can dig up his name from the program guide. I think he'll send a copy of his plans via the internet. Looked very well built, and it wasn't a small business loan to do it.

Edit: Rick Luther was the guy in SLC. You know Graffen (Michael Graff) also built a super looking unit. PM him.

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 08/23/2019 9:11:16 PM

Rail and Tie
Section Hand

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  2:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rail and Tie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.bouldercreekrailroad.com/static-grass-applicator.html

Best one I have seen yet to make. More power the better. You don't want limp grass. It is easier to brush it down if it is too straight up. But impossible the other way around.

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

Edited by - Rail and Tie on 08/24/2019 2:34:11 PM

Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000