Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday Lounge  

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  08:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The temp is up to 50 here in the woods. The little cardboard box got cold but is livable. Breakfast of oatmeal eggs and bacon. Toast and jelly too. Coffee is perking and should be ready soon.

Took an off road trip yesterday traveling up the Haywire Grade Trail, the old roadbed of the Manistique and Lake Superior RR through some pretty and pretty rough country. The Tacoma Off Road handled it well. We saw lots of great sights in the deep woods. A beaver dam was a highlight and lots of trees, wetlands and woods. The trail is well maintained, marked and serves as a snowmobile trail in the winter. I imagined an old 2-8-0 with a cut of cars headed up a few of the grades and curves. Cinders from the old roadbed were seen in stretches along the 35-40 mile trip to meet with what once was the DSS&A at Shingleton.

No plans today. Still early. Allergies have kicked in.

Everyone have a good day.
Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  09:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Karl and crew. Sounds like a great way to spend your day, Karl. I remember seeing beaver dams in northern Wisconsin, when I was a kid.

It's going to be another hot August day in Tidewater Virginia. I'm going for a bike ride and then over to my daughter's house to do a few tasks.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  09:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, George and the rest of the crew. It is 65 degrees and sunny here in S.E. Michigan. We should get to the low 70's today. Yes, we had a cool front move thru last night.

Believe it or not, north Jersey had a pretty decent beaver population. It was not uncommon to see evidence of beaver activity while driving the back roads.

Plans for the day include working in the back of the basement this morning and then running a number of errands this afternoon.

Have a great day!

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  10:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning.
I got Walt's final announcement on retirement. Going to be empty without his kit and parts offerings. At least he got someone to pick up the kit line.
Lawn mowing today if rain holds off.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  10:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like Dave M, lawn mowing either today or tomorrow. Hot and humid today, that's why I might wait until tomorrow, when the weather will be a lot more like early fall than late summer. (I am NOT complaining about an early fall!)

Yesterday I painted the mill creek bed black, I might go back over that with that dark green. I also need to go to Home Despot and get some paint to match the darker colored dirt/talus I want to use in both the creek bed and along the sides of the creek. A couple days ago I mixed some dark grey (2 part, the part without the adhesive) grout with some NE Brownstone scenic dirt, to see if that made the dirt come out a darker tone. Short answer, "yes", that worked quite nicely. So now I need to match that color.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/22/2019 :  11:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, George, Bruce, Dave and Dave plus the rest of the RR-L Crew.

AAHHHgggggg as Charlie Brown would say. We have yet another tidal wave of orders and we are hardly filling the past stack. Keep telling people it will take weeks and we will ship all orders..... eventually. . Maybe I should have just shut the doors and said nothing. [smirk] Reason we are closing Sept. 15th is to try and get those orders out before we pack to go on our trip. That won't be delayed no matter what. About 300 orders to fill.

Raining here and has been for two days. Spring at the end of summer it seems. Well the grass was dry and we need it so no complaints.

Dave, I ain't going away, just going to enjoy the hobby and actually build a working diorama. I've started layouts in the past but never got them finished. That includes the logging layout I started before I created Rusty Stumps. Fact is was the fault of that layout as I needed stumps and couldn't find any good ones. So, I carved my own, made molds and cast them. Being that the only resin I could find then was aluminum filled. So the stumps looked like they were cast in metal. I commented to Mike about that and said if they got wet they might rust. Rusty Stumps! I said that would make a good name for a company. So the nightmare was born. [laugh]

Everyone have a FUN and Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000