Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Breaking news, NWSL saved  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  06:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning on this beautiful So. Wisconsin dark but clear morning. It is 69f degrees heading to a nice 80 and it is a travel day for us. I am up and on the deck because I have been awake for about an hour, (I am not the only one who snores in this house). We are heading to an overnight adventure to wonderful (not really) Green Bay. We are bored at being home and Texas is still too warm, (Austin yesterday was 101f). So instead of the Farmers Markets today we head northeast.

The coffee urn has the READY signal on but not in red like BurleyJim gets, anyway it is the thick stuff, MoW Blend with the K-cups along side with their own machine. Thick slices of French toast with No. Wisconsin maple syrup, thick sliced bacon and 2 or more too thick slices of smoked ham. Fresh warm donuts at least at 5:30 Central time, hot water for tea, Cereals or finger dips.

This is a no computer adventure as the IPads are staying home. I can read things on my phone but it is too hard to type and since I agreed to the no IPads it will be fine. Today’s 1st stop is the Packer Hall of Fame but a stop at the National Train Museum is also planned. They have a non-working Big Boy and a GG1. We have driven by it a few times over the years but this will be the 1st visit.

Terry has agreed to stop at Engine Services or something like that as they have a few things I want. In the past this was a great train shop, we’ll see today if it maintains its high ratings of years ago. It’s a a mile or so from Lambeau Field So the visit most likely will be today.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Not so beautiful here in Central Indiana. Overcast and cool with a good chance of rain or T-Storms @ 71f.

Oatmeal and Tea, still no coffee. Fact, the allergy was to "Decaf" coffee as that's what Mary had been making.

Not much else except work going on. Looks like we will stop taking orders at RSSM September 28th. We'll finish those orders up in early October and that's the end.

Looking at possibly modeling a steel mill diorama type layout. Maybe 2' x 4' area. I have a book on the way in and we'll see just how complicated that will be.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard today.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  09:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
65 and partly cloudy on the beach. I’ve just walked a bit and now am enjoying the calm lake

Yesterday after meeting with the builder and mason have a rough idea where the house/cabin/cottage going to be located and look forward to more progress. After the guys left we headed to the roads less traveled and spent an enjoyable afternoon cruising thru the Hiawatha National Forest. We ended up in Munising at Dog Patch restaurant for a lighter meal. We then ran back on the see-ment roads to “home”.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  09:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and a bit foggy here in S.E. Michigan. It is supposed to stay cloudy all day with high temps in the low 80's.

Karl, we were in Munising and drove thru the Hiawatha Nat. Forest on the first day or our big road trip back in June/July. Nice area.

I made good progress on framing out the storage closet yesterday and will get back to that project this morning.

Have a great day!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, Tom thanks for opening and the breakfast. Enjoy your trip to Green Bay, it'll be Fall there in a week or so, or so it seems. It's still Summer here, and 90f/96% yesterday was evidence. Whew! It was a 4 T-shirt day yesterday. I think I heard some Macaw's in the woods.

I did run the Orange goat around for a while, and quit about 80% of the job, I'll finish it off as soon as the dew burns off this morning.

The shop is pretty much back to normal after the dehumidifier has been running non-stop after the Great Flood about a week ago. I've got a new project on the drawing screen, and might run a few parts later today. We'll see how that goes.

That's about it from N.E. Indiana, except....there will be no shortage of corn yet again this year.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 08/21/2019 10:10:17 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  1:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, Tom and crew. That pot of MoW Blend was over ripe, so I've brewed up a fresh pot for the afternoon shift.

I walked out to the pickup this morning and noticed the inspection sticker had an 8 on it. I don't know what made me look at it, but it's now in the shop being inspected.

I'm going to spend the afternoon reviewing all our reservations for an upcoming trip to make sure nothing has been left out.

Have a good day.
George

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Breaking news, NWSL saved  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000