Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Breaking news, NWSL saved Topic Next Topic: Karl O Scratch Build?  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  08:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, & guests (easy to join!).
The coffee urn is READY with Railbender blend. Pancakes and sausages are up on the serving line. All other beverages are ready as well.

I saw Dave Emery was all over that NWSL announcement. Good news on that front. I procrastinated long enough that I had just tossed their catalog out about 3 days ago. Looks like a download is in my future.

We're heading up to Amish country shortly to hit the shops Donna wants to get some material at. Looks like a Chicago trip later this this week. I'll have to find my flak jacket.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  08:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Oatmeal and Tea for me. Tea and Voortman later..
Yes, NO Coffee for a while. Stopping the coffee has eased the reaction on my wrist. It's almost gone.

Peter, as to the Precious Blood (wine) at Mass. One isn't to "drink" it but sip it. I'm a Communion Minister and have had to stop people from gulping it at times. One would need to drink a couple of glasses of wine to consume enough sulfites to cause a rash reaction. I know, I've been down that road.

GOOD NEWS on the Cancer side. Seems my first Oncologist wasn't giving good info. The MGUS marker was at .3 and went to .4 which was the 33% increase he was so alarmed about. Thing is 1.5 is a red flag number. And even at that it's not the fact that says one has cancer. I had one other indicator in my blood test that was double the max level but even that wasn't a red flag as it had to have another marker also out of range which it didn't.
So, the end result is No, I don't have active cancer and there could be a 20 year window before I might. Also, it took 7 years for the MGUS marker to increase that 33% so at that rate it could be 77 years before it hit 1.5. [grin]

One important thing, A lot of people have MGUS but don't know it. Mine was found accidentally by a Neurologist in blood tests he had done. It was that doctor who alerted me to the condition and told me to seek a Oncologist on it.

So, our AMTRAK trip is ON. We'll leave Kalamzoo, MI for Chicago and ride the Empire Builder to Seattle, AMTRAK down the West Coast to LA then LA to Maricopa AZ to visit Mary's cousins in Masa. Drive to Santa Fe NM to visit our son and his family then Amtrak back to Chicago and then Kalamazoo. About a 2 1/2 week trip. Should be fun as AMTRAK also gave us side excursions in Seattle and LA.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard.

Walt

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  09:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news, Walt! Have a safe trip.

On the weather front, we had a nasty thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, the dogs were really upset. Even got some hail, and the wind blew pretty hard. (No old ladies on bicycles, fortunately.) I have some errands to run this morning, then maybe back to the train room this afternoon.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  09:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Walt and crew. It's going to be another hot August day in Tidewater Virginia. I'm going for a bike ride, run some errands and I'm going to end up at my daughter's house to replace a dryer vent hose.

Walt, that's good news on the cancer story. Your Amtrak trip sounds interesting. Give us a trip report when you get back.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where the sun is shining and we should reach the mid-80's later today.

Walt, good news on the health front! I hope that you and Mary have a great trip.

I'll get back to framing out the storage closet in the basement today. Slow and steady is my mantra.

Have a great day!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  09:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin. Showers this morning, itís humid and will hit the 80ís. Thanks Jim for opening, Walt great news and enjoy the trip.

I received a package from Walt on Monday. I purchased a bunch of pipe elbows for my Paper Mill and they are very well done. Thanks Walt.

Movie day and we were debating between 3 choices, so I told Terry to decide, none look that good so it wonít matter.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  10:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Mostly sunny, trending toward warm and very pleasant here in the northern mitten today. Lovely day, and one of the reasons I live here....

Walt, it sounds like Good News all around. I do indeed understand about the Communion wine, but there are allergens and there are allergens (been there) and with some it doesn't take much to wind you up, so I thought I'm mention it. Glad you've apparently identified causes. As to the Markers, well, on airplanes, when the Uh-Oh light came on, we'd always check for "secondaries." Sounds like somebody finally did, and it's a Good Thing. Be well! Best wishes to you both for a great trip!

I have dealt with most of the Major Stuff prior to this ankle-fix process, but still have stuff to do, and it's starting to hurt now, so I should get at it. Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/20/2019 :  11:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and moderate temps in da Yoop. Chilly at wake up 59, going to sweltering 80 later(?). Near 90 and rain back home.

Great news Walt. The train trip sounds like fun. Did Battle Creek-Chicago-LA back in 70s early Amtrak, still using all ATSF consist F Inuits in Warbonnet an El Cap-Superchief cars and name.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Breaking news, NWSL saved Topic Next Topic: Karl O Scratch Build?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000