Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  07:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and guests. Warm and wet yet again in N.E. Indiana. Another frog choker evening last night. Downed branches, etc.,etc. Of course the 'skeeters' are loving it.

The coffee urn is READY with Boilermaker blend. Waffles and bacon is today's special, scrambled eggs on the side. Deadrail, Pop, Tea, all available.

Well the weekend was a big success, but I admit very tiring. The heat and humidity was a bit much for me. passed on the Saturday night picnic and the night running. I only worked about 3 hours yesterday, and the rain started. We sold out our train rides on all three days. Quite a few folks became 'Members' of the Historical Society, so that was another boost. Now if we can get some new members to learn how to do some of the tasks around the shop....

Today is going to take me out with the chainsaw and rake here.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  08:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the in-coming RR-L Crew. T-Storms last night and possibly tonight as well. But it's sunny out right now with promises of a HOT day.

No coffee for me for a while. Have an allergy showing on my skin of my left hand. This usually indicates a food allergy in me. Coffee is the only daily item I have so I'll stop drinking it for at least a week to see if this goes away. Been there two weeks.

Well, today is the day to see how far my MGUS has grown. That's the blood marker the Oncologist is watching. Such is life.

Otherwise it work and work. We did get our AMTRAK reservations for the Round the country type train ride. Also bought trip insurance in case it has to be canceled or postponed because of the line above.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the HOT Train Yard.

Walt

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  08:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Walt, hope coffee isn't the allergy!

Hot and humid in SE NH for the next couple of days. Over the weekend I put Sculptamold over the plaster cloth and worked in/buried the castings. I have a bit more to do before I declare that part of the Mill Valley done. The other project for today is installing shelves (arriving today) in the basement, then moving some boxes from the attic/library to the basement, where my wife won't see them.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  09:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, yes it is. I've had it before. Suffered for 4 years not knowing what it was. Doc's where useless on it. Finally figured it out because it always hit me on Monday mornings after we would have coffee Sunday morning at Church. When I stopped it went away. I switched to decaf and was ok but then that became the allergy. Switched back to regular coffee and it went away. Then it became sulfites in food. That got real bad. Didn't eat salads and any foods that had sulfites int he and it went away. Now it's back with the coffee.

Walt

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 08/19/2019 09:09:55 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  09:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's going to be in the 90's in Tidewater Virginia. I have some errands to run this morning and I'm going over to my daughter's house this afternoon to clean out her dryer's vent system.

Walt, I don't know if I could go a day without coffee, let alone a week! Good luck.

Have a good day.
George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walt, I have prepared a glass of water, a toothpick, and a napkin for your morning snack.
Keep hydrated!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  09:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from severely clear So. Wisconsin and a nice day (at least till 4pm) expected. Took the garbage down the driveway and it is very nice out. Heading out for the 2 mile walk in a few minutes per my wonderful spouse.

Walt, try a diet soda, but sorry to hear of your allergy issues, no fun. I have had maybe 3 cups of coffee in my life. When the family is together the 24 cup urn is filled the night before and whoever wakes 1st plugs it in, it would be gon by 10.

Enjoy your day
Tom

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  10:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the encouragement Crew!

You don't know what it's like. I have a spot on the inside of my left wrist about the size of a nickel that is red, burning and the skin is starting to flake. This is typical of the food allergies I've gone through. The sulfite allergy was the worst as that was all over my face and blistered.

I'll drink tea instead. I've had to go without coffee for months at a time because of this.It clears up in about a week so I know what's causing it. Just part of life I guess.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  10:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is partly sunny and 72 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We had more thunder storms move thru last evening. Sounded bad, but there was very little rain that came down. Our son in Milford, about 20 minutes south of us lost power.

Walt, at least if you can determine the cause, you can avoid it. I'm with George, if I don't start the day with a couple of cups of coffee, I get grumpy.

Apparently I want to wash some windows today. Who would have guessed?

Have a great day!

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  10:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Sunny, severe clear and deeee-lightful here in the northern mitten on this Fine Monday morning. Headed for , and a possibility of boomers later on, but right now... Ahhhhh....

Walt, you mention sulfites in several places, and I know that Church is a big part of your lives. There are sulfites in various wines, especially reds, and I wonder if something in the Communion process may be adding to your problems. Skipping that part of the service might provide some relief, and I'm positive that the Higher Power would understand.... Be well!

Bruce, I have bad news for you, too!! Yippee-Skippee.... The major reason that you cannot function in the morning until after you've had your coffee has nothing to do with the caffeine; it's that after being sound asleep all night, you're dehydrated. You'll get the same benefit from a glass of water; it just won't taste as good.

That is always a fun part of the Coast Guard Drug and Alcohol lectures the schooner folk here have to go through every year. Used to have the Master of the Badger car ferry come up and do the lecture. He'd start with his coffee mug, which he never put down, sip some, ask about the most abused drug (sip) in the country, and ask if anyone (sip) had any ideas. (sip) Some young'un would always say "Marijuana!" and he'd say "Nope" (sip). "Alcohol!" Ummm... nope. (sip) They'd go through several choices, he'd be sipping away, and then when he'd had his fun, he'd lay the water bomb on them. Shock and awe!

Life is Good....

So anyhoo, there's your Food Network for the day. Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

resqrk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  2:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Monday afternoon everyone. Long time no see. Hazy hot and humid today here in RI. Have some free time coming up and there might be some progress on the layout

Rick

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  3:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Home, Rick! Good to see you alive, well, and with time off coming on! Have a ball!

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  3:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No coffee, ever, greetings from a great day in the Yoop, 74 breezy, severe clear. The trip up was uneventful save onefellow in a new pickem up that seemed to take exception to my lane change for construction about 2 miles from THE bridge. Usually about 1 per trip like that.

Quite a bit has been done on the site but nothing going today. The adrenaline roller coaster is fun. Looking forward to more progress. The lake is majestic and a bit active today.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/19/2019 3:45:54 PM

resqrk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/23/2019 :  5:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete, I'll be retired as of aug 31st. All kinds of free time coming up

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000