Railroad Line Forums - Sunday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Karl O Scratch Build? Topic Next Topic: M.I.A.  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  05:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet and going to be a lot wetter So. Wisconsin. It is 69f degrees now heading to 80. Light rain now with a line of T-storms coming soon per the radar shots on my iPad.

Great day yesterday weather wise and family wise. Spent the morning traveling the Madison Farmer Markets and an Art show. In the afternoon with the daughter and her family spent a nice late afternoon and early evening on the UW campus eating pizza, drinking and ice cream. Then I fell to sleep on my deck around 8:30 till the bugs got to me!

Breakfast should be available by time the next Crew member arrives as I am up rather early today. Griddle cakes the size of plates, apple cinnamon raisin oat meal and they are great! Diet syrup and the real maple syrup from Northern Wisconsin trees. Bacon , ham or prime rib are the sides with a nice heavy crusted white bread fresh from the ovens. There is fresh fruit, the smoothie machine is clean, the donuts are still warm and the coffee urn shows red. Cornfield meet Blend with the k-cup flavors neatly stacked at their machine. The water is hot for the cereal, tea or finger dips.

With the rain, I am not sure what the plan is for the day. Currently I am in some severe pain in the toes ( diabetic) and couldn’t sleep. I will have to call the doctor Monday as the Ibuprofen isn't helping.

Enjoy your day, I will!
TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  07:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom, and the incoming crew. Thanks for the coffee and breakfast. The Weatheradio just went off with a Severe T-Storm Watch announcement. That's normal operation around here.

I too, timed out around 8:30 last evening. 90-ish with 95% along with 7 hours working, and the 80 mile round trip driving was just about right. There was a picnic and night runs last night, that I deleted from my schedule. I'll go back for a while later today for the wrap up. We had a 'sell out' yesterday with 27 trips for the general public. It was busy, to say the least.

The wind and thunder is picking up! I better get Millie out before the sky opens up.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  07:49:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Tom, Jim and the rest of the RR-L crew. Should be a nice day today but we'll see.

Going to stop by Dunkin Donuts this morning and pick up a dozen. Event breakfast at Church welcoming two new Priests so the Woman's Club Donuts is off. We still like them with coffee before Mass as we aren't going to the breakfast. Already have met with the two new Priests.

Not much else happening here. We're sort of in a rut with work. Did get a delivery of 18 cartons of flooring yesterday. 5/8" thick solid oak planks preinished and with snap together locking.It matches the 32 cartons we've put down in the rest of the house. Menards is closing out of it so we go it to do the Family room.

Everyone have a Safe and Enjoyable Sunday in the Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  08:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Humid, 100% with fog. There is a severe weather alert on my phone and the internet, down for nearly 36 hours at home, it up.

OPS was good yesterday at the Sunset Valley. The multitude of sound units rendered the background noise cancelling on my hearing augmentation useless and I did leave a bit early.

Today the Doll and I are going to scope out the childhood home in prep of having it listed for sale. It's dragging things out. Original buyer backed out, brother that then wanted it has a serious health issue that cropped up and changed his mind. Square 1 has returned.

Get together this evening with friends and then off tomorrow to check on things at the project in the UP.

Walt, the floor project sounds like work but nice that you found out about the material going away and were able to get some stocked up. Daughter and son in law were both department managers at Menards, he was in floor covering. Suppliers and products change constantly, as it seems most big box stores as well.

Have a good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  08:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom, Jim, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 68 degrees now in S.E. Michigan.

Some heavy rain moved thru last night around 10:30pm with some wind and thunder. Another wave cam thru an hour later. The power flicked on and off a few time, but stayed on. All the digital clocks were reset to 12:00. The power flicked off and back on just before 7 this morning, too. More rain coming later this afternoon. We ended up getting 1.5" over night.

Indoor tasks are the order of the day. I worked a bit on the storage closet that I'm building in the basement yesterday and will probably put in more time on that project today.

Have a great day!

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  08:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another 90+ day here and all the humidity to make it feel a lot worse very quickly. Got lots of home office work to so, might get a little work int eh work done, got a chair that we restored ready to re-assemble out in the garage, and an errand run later today. Hope I don't melt...

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  09:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. Boring weather in Tidewater Virginia, it's going to be in the mid 80's, with no rain.

I cut some vinyl stencils for some signs yesterday and hope to do the painting today.

Have a good day.
George

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  10:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thunderboomers last night, dogs were not happy, but they settled down and we got some needed rain. Muggy today, the fog will burn off slowly. Yesterday I didn't go downstairs at all, I spent some time organizing boxes in the attic library and ordered shelving units to move some boxes down to the unfinished part of the basement. That will make Herself happy.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  10:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

76, mostly sunny, headed for mid-eighties and what with the hum-diddy up over 70% right now, I suspect that this afternoon's festivities will involve thunder and other such "weather events." But right now, it's not too bad....

Made a little bit of progress yesterday in that I got track put down to a couple of "new" industries, so when the wires go in that should give the Operators some additional Actual Work to do. "The Muse" has hit, and hit hard over the last two weeks, but with a decaying ankle awaiting slicing and dicing this week, things proceed very slowly.

So I grab what I can when I can and will have to call it "good" from there. My dining room table looks like a disaster area right now, with a plethora of kits, projects, electronics and so on awaiting my attention over the next few months. Good thing I don't have a large family living here!

And I think I may need to hobble down for a visit to the Construction Site, check to make sure that things are ready for wires, and then ease on into town to open the store. It's a thrill a minute around here....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  11:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for opening up this morning, Tom.

Mostly cloudy, already feeling like 32C/90F with the humidity. We are expecting about a 50% chance of showers and thundershowers later today.

Off to our Nation's Capital, shortly, with my daughters for a music concert. Should be a good time for everyone. (Might have a chance to look out for the new LRT system undergoing pre-service testing - the whole project is about a year behind schedule - a topic for another day!)

Enjoy your Sunday,

Michael

Previous Topic: Karl O Scratch Build? Topic Next Topic: M.I.A.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000