Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  9:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Roland, good evening. I think lots of us are starting to feel boxed in.

Since the house sale fell through and real estate sales are kind of tough right now our Realtor wants to wait to relist. So, I ripped my modeling
bench apart and will rebuild it hopefully in a hopefully more efficient use of space. It will also be module to take with when this place sells.

I have put the Eagle Rare on the counter. The ice cubes are fresh. The diet sodas are cold and the red and whites are in their cooler. I put just
2 logs on the fire which should last until Rick gets here in the morning. Be smart, stay in, socially isolate and we will get through this mess.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  10:26:18 PM  Show Profile
I just received a text alert from our County Central Dispatch imploring people to not call 9-1-1 to report violations of the stay at home order. They DID link to a form you could fill in and submit to send to the appropriate agency to investigate, areas to report a neighbor OR a business.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  06:20:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 51.

Roland, thanks for checking in again.
I think as this thing continues we'll all feel like living in East Berlin.
Lots of talk of the National Guard being utilized in these parts.

Tom, thanks for keeping the place warm.

Couple of changes since my last day at work.
No more human ticket agents.
Machines or phone app only.
We're not allowed to accept cash on the trains any longer.
This last one is a little odd since we're still expected to collect tickets.

Stay safe and healthy and have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  06:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Interesting ticketing policy and cash. Makes me wonder...

75F today and showers.

I take the virus thing seriously; however, it cracks me up that people are calling 911 on stay at home violations. Last night read a report that people who live along a local golf course are calling police on golfers who violate the social distancing rule. Crazy.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  07:34:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. I did a grocery run at 5:20 this morning. Celery and eggs for the senior hours of 5-7. Lots of mom with their kids and maybe a handful of seniors. I didn’t report anyone.

Be safe and be smart
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  07:55:56 AM  Show Profile
40 days and 40 nights, time for Noah to start an ark, but our governor says that builders are non-essential so we'll all drown.

Rained hard all night, the horse pasture across the street is at flood stage. Weather map shows potential for severe storms later.

I got my Lokprogrammer up and running on the Super Computer yesterday and loaded an SD40-2 sound file into the SD40T-2. The file Scaletrains.com sent me was incomplete and didn't go, but the 'generic' SD40 file from the Loksound website beats the heck out of the basic noise they put in aftermarket Loksound boards.

Groceries coming by courier service this morning, the Doll's daughter is shopping for us. Will leave things in the garage.

Home and safe is the word for the day, week, month, odd infinitum...Heck, might have to mow before long.

Mike your golf course comment is interesting, our Governor has closed gold courses as well as anything else. However when asked the Prosecuting Attorney in Grand Rapids, said "What about walking on a closed golf course?

On Friday, a citizen contacted the prosecutor’s office about people on a golf course that’s closed to the public.

“Clearly golf courses can’t be open, they can’t be selling or letting people ride their golf carts,” Becker explained. “But if someone wants to grab their clubs and go on the property, and the owners are OK with that, it becomes very interesting.”

“The gist of the order is you’re supposed to be staying home and isolating yourself, but I understand you can’t do that for 24/7 for the next three weeks,” Becker said. “So, getting out and getting fresh air is something I think the governor would encourage. So, walking around the neighborhood versus walking around a golf course, what’s the difference? As long as the property owner allows it.”

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/28/2020 08:51:53 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  09:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

That does seem strange Rick but maybe they figure one ticket but how many bills would you have to handle from one person?

We have been staying home and just going to the store when necessary.

Weather in South Jersey rain/48.

Well back to my painting.
Hopefully some bench time later.

Everyone have a great day and be safe!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  07:09:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain and a chance of thunderstorms all day with temps in the mid 50's.

Jerry, I'd be touching many more tickets than bills.
To be honest, most of us haven't been going through the cars at all.
It's not worth the risk.

Unfortunately, as time goes on and curfews and quarantining continue there will be many more stories of violations and snitching.
Then the masses won't understand why the military was needed to try to maintain control.

I was having some minor symptoms and contacted my doctor.
He has notified the RR that it would be best if I were to self quarantine for two weeks.
So, I'll be home for a while and will then have to go to our medical department before being allowed to return to work.

Stay healthy and remain in your bunkers but have a great day regardless.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  08:14:54 AM  Show Profile
Rick good morning, not sure what to say to you but I sure as hell don’t want you to have the virus! Are you in
one of the heavy virus zones at home?

I know folks won’t agree with me but they should close the country, 3 day notice to get home
and then no travel except to medical, groceries and true essential jobs. 30 days of this and the virus will lessen.
But that opens up a constitutional can of worms which can be solved by involving martial law which no one wants.

I have a routine I am trying and currently into day 3. Fitness program hours are 9 to 12, train room time from 1 to 6.
Hopefully this will cut down on my internet usage and train room time by doing other things. Being in the train room
all day was my main cause of my burn out last week. I started reading a book for maybe the 1st time in 18 months. I
Used to read a couple a week as other then sports I never have been a TV watcher.

Be safe
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  08:33:57 AM  Show Profile
Tom, not sure if I have the virus, since I can't be tested because I'm not running a high fever and coughing, or something else.
Worst days for me were Thurs. and Fri.
Didn't want to go back to work and risk infecting others.

My area of NJ has only had 36 positive cases.
It's the trains and traveling to NY that's the problem.
I'll stay home and play with the dog.

Tom, your plan sounds good.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  08:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I sure hope this just a mild cold and not the virus. You take care of yourself.

Weather in South Jersey is cloudy/46. Rain later/60.

Some more painting today. But we're getting there. No rush so I'm just taking my time.

Maybe a little bench time later. And start my new thread.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  10:09:46 AM  Show Profile
Daybreak sun has been supplanted by grey clouds and falling temps per the forecast I just read. Great amounts of wind are to happen after all the rain the last 36 hours or more.

Best to getting by this stuff Rick.

Everyone be careful, and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  10:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee, but uh, by chance did you sneeze around it?v Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy your forced vacation.

It's cool this morning at 56F, but headed to 76F this afternoon. No rain but cloudy all day.

Going to tackle cleaning and organizing the garage so I can put my car inside. Hail season is upon us. I need to find a way to store 40 boxes of train stuff.

Stay safe folks,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  9:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi All. Hoping everyone is feeling well. I got a call from Hershey Med today from a nurse I had a follow up appointment with. She asked me all kinds of questions about how I was healing from the surgery then said if I really wanted to come in they would be glad to see me but would rather cancel the appointment at this time. She said maybe in about a month they would reschedule. She also gave me a phone number to call and said they would get me in right away if I felt I needed to be seen.

On the bright side I'm feeling great and have finished with all the pine tree material I had. For fun I counted 168 pines on the layout with maybe another 60 or so to add.

Roland

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  9:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Roland that is good news, congrats but do not over do it.

Miserable weather in So. Wisconsin today. Never got out of the 30’s and on and off rain/drizzle. Tomorrow will be better.

The Eagle Rare is out, the stouts are in the frig next to a light beer from a Wisconsin brewery. The red is chilled but I cannot locate any white. I am
having a heated slightly warm diet Dr Pepper, I have a tinge in my throat. Just relaxing. Threw a few logs on the fire so the chill should be gone when
Rick gets here in the morning.

TomO

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000