Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 58 ]  [ Total: 63 ]  [ Newest Member: RLJones ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2020 :  09:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sounds like you have a busy day planned.

It's 65F headed to 86F this afternoon and rain maybe.

Headed to the Texas Western RR Club today to do their franchise and IRS taxes. What fun.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/12/2020 :  09:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Grey and gloomy here this mornin'. It's to go to mid 50s today which is ok, but gloomy.

Took to Doll for ice cream yesterday and she perked up a bit.

Not sure on plans yet, just had ops for Monday cancelled and can imagine Saturday Division Mtg will get the axe, too.

Can't imagine hoops to empty gyms, but that's going to be a different sight.

SD40T-2 goes together slowly some more today.

Everyone be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2020 :  10:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from overcast So. Wisconsin. Thanks Rick for the push forward today. Something I donít often do is watch the morning news with Terry. Watching GMA on ABC has been reassuring as at least one network Doctor is saying calm down and follow some rules. Wash your hands! While Terry and I are not going to hide we are curtailing our daily adventures out and about. The fitness center like the NBA is cancelled until further notice. We go see Wicket tonight as they have not cancelled that and our next Touring Broadway show is in May. We have tickets to a Bucks game that is next week and Terry emailed about either credit or full refund. We have tickets for opening day for the Milwaukee Brewers and I doubt they will be playing in front of spectators. Thankfully the stock market is not part of our retirement income, what a disaster that just has to be waited out. My expert at home says we will do nothing except start buying in a few days. YMMV.

Our world is changing and you have to do what is best for you and your family. Make a plan and donít buy all the TP.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  07:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain before 11am, then a chance of showers between 11am and 2pm. Patchy fog before 8am. High near 68.

Other than a bike ride nothing planned here.

These are crazy days we're living in now.
Please everyone, use common sense and stay safe.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  09:13:59 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in south Jersey rainy/53. Later on 74 and P. sunny.

Yesterday when grocery shopping for a few things there were no eggs, water or toilet paper.

I hope there forecasting this virus better than they do the weather!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day be safe!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  09:16:50 AM  Show Profile
Sunny and calm here today, another of a string of what will indeed be crazy days. Then, however, the have been crazy for a couple years now.

Yesterday the Doll removed all of her content on Facebook. It's a painful process for her but she's been overtaken by the irrational vitriol that has overcome even the most benign of interest areas. I've asked her for some time to at least limit herself and now she's see it as way to intrusive to her spirit and well being.

Everything that I have had planned in my life appears to have been cancelled except for breathing and the model workbench. Living in a rural area seems like it's going to be an advantage. I got my toilet paper all stacked up, ready to *hi* like a goose. Food is ample and we've a few cases of water and a full tank of propane. I hope this all calms down, School's Out, drive safely.

Everyone have a good, calm weekend.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  09:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for opening.

Good to hear everyone is doing well.

68F and rain all day.

Family visiting for weekend, so not much else going on.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  10:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good morning! Thanks for the coffee Rick!

Hunkering down at home.

Just read the Division 8 train show on the 21st in Louisville KY is cancelled.

When will it end?

Polished all the tarnished silver ware yesterday, honey do done!

Cut the timbers for the sand walls, into the stain they will go after the scribing.

Looking out today my yard needs a good police call....paper, twigs & limbs everywhere after that gully washer yesterday.

Have a great day!

Philip

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  10:40:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from severely clear So. Wisconsin. Like Karl, we are ready for anything but a direct corona hit. Our local TP situation is enough that our Festival Foods is having a sale. The only thing out is Purwell.

Have a great day and wash your hands
TomO

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  9:18:29 PM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by tloc

Good morning from severely clear So. Wisconsin. Like Karl, we are ready for anything but a direct corona hit. Our local TP situation is enough that our Festival Foods is having a sale. The only thing out is Purwell.

Have a great day and wash your hands
TomO

There is still a little TP at the beach (I bet there will not be tomorrow) every store in town is out of hand sanitizer and Isopropyl alcohol 91%.

We are at the beach and I often work on projects here. Guess what I had in my hobby kit, yes, Isopropyl alcohol 91%. Aloe is for sun burns, we are at the beach, so we had that as well.
Here we go.

Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe

Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 15 minutes or less
What You Need:
2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol 91% (rubbing alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
Essential oil in your choice of fragrance (optional)
A bowl and spoon
An empty container

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  11:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Larry. I was just talking to my wife about the hand cleaners. We have enough for a normal week or 2 but none in the stores. She asked if I had any 90% +. Your formula is currently being used as she was looking when I came across this. 3 unopened bottles of91% and 2 bottles of 70%. I use it in scenery building.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  06:23:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 55.

Bike ride in the AM.
Brothers house in the PM for corn hole and beer.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  09:06:21 AM  Show Profile
Grey and gloomy, so is the weather. Cold 30 degrees. Everything has been cancelled, I do have 91% alcohol, as well as some Captain Morgan.

I'm going to try and keep the Doll off the TV today. Nothing to watch but bloviation. Her daughter was at the store last night at 10pm and said it was nuts. There was little of anything folks were looking for. I told the Doll we need to buy some yeast and make home made bread. We're set with enough to get us through the weekend panic. Hopefully, folks will chill out by next week.

Lots of stuff here in the work room and in the basement to keep me busy. Everyone have a good weekend.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/14/2020 09:06:40 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  10:14:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Rick thanks for moving this day forward. Terry and I do not want to hide but we are not going to take stupid chances. We have enough activities on the property to keep us busy but like anything you do daily it can get boring. Wash your hands.

TomO

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  10:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good morning!
Thanks for changing my avatar Rick! The old one GIF was to busy and distracting.
The old wooden nickle remains neutral, actually used it here when I first started on this forum.

Everyone enjoy the day!

Philip

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000