Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  06:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Take the human out of the picture and that is a great picture! Seriously, he looks cute. Thanks for moving us along Rick, the coda diet soda is what I need right now. Terryís brother is now 3 weeks in the hospital after a semi routine produce went wrong. Her phone has been going off all night with text messages from the brothers daughter to the family one of which is in Hawaii and started responding at 4am Central time.

I believe I am slept out. I sit in my chair and have been dozeing for the last couple days. Laying in bed trying to sleep since around 1:30am is not working. So I am in the cave, the music is low and I am on my IPad. We have the gas stove coming between 9 and 1 today. They will text 30 minutes before arrival. The plumbers will be here then to hook it up. My son in law was here yesterday afternoon and cleared the pathway to the French doors and moved some furniture to get this monster in the house. Terry said she is making breakfast for the first meal on it. The daughterís family and my sister will be here for this momentous event. Terry heads tomorrow to Racine to see her brother, I was told I am not coming, she doesnít need any defending! They are a very disconnected family, very unlike my side where we are closer then thieves. Enjoy your day.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  09:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Handsome dog! Oh, Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's 29F headed to 64F today.

Today I am off to take wife's car for oil service.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  09:06:46 AM  Show Profile
Snow sitting all over this morning and it's cold with lots of wind coming today. I had to go out and clear off the dish just before dark as there was no signal.

Still no plans, had the tender apart on steamer yesterday. It's back together, see work to do, needs keep alive. I'll eventually do something about it.

Later, Rick, you both look quite serious.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  10:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning !

Same here.. cold as heck and a slight dusting.

Nice pup Rick! Tom, hope your brother in law gets well. Makes me wonder even more about the HC providers.

Relaxing today is the agenda. Enjoy yours!

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  10:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Nice looking puppy but who's the guy!!
Answered my question about the dog.

Company for dinner later. Maybe some shingle work later on.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  06:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.

Star says thank you for the nice comments and next time she'll have a picture without the human.

Tom, all the best for your BIL.

Mike, it's important to stay lubricated.

Karl, we had lots of wind yesterday too.
Almost lost my hat at work at one of the stops.

Philip, hope the relaxing went well.

Jerry, dinner and shingles, what could be better.

Rough night coming home last night.
An inbound train at NY Penn ran a stop signal just as rush hour was starting on track 10.
There are 21 tracks in the station so this train was in perfect position to block all trains coming in and leaving.
Train was so packed we couldn't collect tickets and got home 40 minutes late.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  08:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's a bright 37F this morning. 69F this afternoon. Maybe I'll get the MG out.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  08:39:39 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Another wonderful day on the rails I see!!

Not sure what we are doing today.
Last night dinner was great.

Hopefully some shingles today will see.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  08:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Snow has let up but it's COLD here in MI this morning. Feeling a little bit closer to human this morning, so far. The forecast is for warmer starting tomorrow, and all next week.

Accomplished little yesterday. My 3d printer has updated software on me and I'm totally unable to make a thing work.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from cold again So. Wisconsin, it is beautifully clear, dry and no wind. Thanks for getting us going Rick.

The BIL is a mess and last night his wife was admitted. She has lots of medical issues but my BIL always took care of her. She was on the floor at home when the BIL daughter went to see why she was not answering the home phone. Needed the ambulance. The family was told yesterday she has the start of alhermizer. Her daughters want nothing to do to take care of her. Basically Terryís family has handled getting her back and forth to the hospital. Believe it or not the Doctors yesterday evening asked Terry to fulfill the POA per the old Healthcare agreement from a few years ago. This is one of the 2 brothers and 1 sister who have been fighting over the MILís trust and driven Terry crazy the last 10 months. They also had her served 2 weeks ago when she left his hospital room. This could be a fricking soap opera.

Not sure what today has scheduled but no plans by me. I feel much better.

TomO

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  10:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good morning! Thanks for the coffee Rick.

Tom, Went through the same ordeal with my mother-in-law. Wife & I did all the work for over 8 years. Then when she passed they were all at the funeral asking about inheritance, not a bit of respect.

Fair weather friends I call them. Glad your better Tom, you'll need strength to endure that soap opera!

Have a great day. Philip

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  10:24:38 AM  Show Profile
Aren't families something...sounds so familiar...the Doll's niece recently let her know that Doll's sister, already in a memory care living facility was being visited by hospice, but not to expect her, niece, to be home from Florida any earlier than May, even if...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  10:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Seems the new notification about deaths etc is via face.............book

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  11:40:17 AM  Show Profile
Seems like caring for families is a thing of the past.

What's in the will for me you take care of them!!
So sad.

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2020 :  05:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A slight chance of rain and snow showers between noon and 2pm, then a slight chance of rain showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
And a slight chance they might be right.

Haven't heard from Paul in a while.
Hope all is well.

Tom, glad you're feeling better.

Karl, good luck with the printer.

Jerry, the fun never stops on the RR.

Mike, hope you got the MG out.

I don't know what's going on with me.
I was feeling but still blowing my nose every once in a while.
Still taking antibiotics (one more left for tomorrow) but feeling a little worse again this morning.
This has never happened before.

Have a great day everyone.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000