Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 49 ]  [ Total: 49 ]  [ Newest Member: RLJones ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  04:29:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain. High near 48.

Running a little behind schedule here this morning.
I'll check back in when I get home from work.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  08:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Was out at 10 last night clering off the 3" or so of snow, wet and heavy stuff, no sweat for the new Deere. Beat dragging the trash cart all the way to the road for this mornings Oh-dark-30 pick up. Sun is forecast to peek out today and dry up what looks like very little left out there.

I worked most of the day yesterday on the Tennessee Central switcher and ran out of time to finish it after making up the decal set. I hoped to take it to the Monday Geezer's OPS session at Keeney's today. May take the progress along to show off.

Everyone have a good week.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  09:09:45 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/45. Rain most of the day again!!

Looks to be a day at the bench making a window for a door.
This is the 3rd time trying to make a wood door.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  09:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Howdy folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Karl, please give my regards to Andy. Those are some fun operating sessions.

It's 47F headed to 40F with rain all day. Yuk!

Stay warm folks,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  04:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Rain, mainly before noon. Areas of fog before 1pm. High near 50.

Mike, rain here too, but it's better than the white stuff.

Jerry, third times the charm.

Karl, have fun at the ops.

Thought I was going to get bumped off of days yesterday, but so far so good.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:03:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, OPS was yesterday and I had a fine time. Ran 3 local trains, the first on paper only as the yard it's from had no traffic to send out, the other two took most of the rest of the day. I like those, they can be worked sitting and they need a little bit of thought and planning moves as you work through the outbound and inbound cars as well as dodge thru traffic passing on the mainline.

Grey and cold this am with a mention of the yellow orb maybe making a peek out later. TV this morning showed the lack of ice on Lake Michigan. Last year it was at 50% +. Tha's ok with me, it's been mild. We do have snow coming tomorrow thru Thurs and quite cold, then another warmer spell.

Warm and safe the words of the day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:27:09 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey rain/45.

Dog to the groomer in a few minutes.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck with days.

Karl, did you get to switch the small industrial district near the helix? It is my favorite area.

Rick, indeed rain is better than snow.

It's raining all day, but I am off to lodge to work.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  10:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from drab So. Wisconsin. When the sun is out even if itís cold the day seems so much nicer, this however...

Thanks Rick for moving the day forward, hope you stay on your days. I have been in a clean out the train bins and selling mood the past couple weeks. Crazy what folks do buy but happy they are buying. My wife was in the train room yesterday and asked why I am getting rid of so much, not ever going to use it, most were presents from people not understanding what I model, it will make it easier to move and easier on her when I leave the scene. The last one pissed her off for about 3 hours and I was basically kidding. Oh well, movie day today and I cannot remember what we will see.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 02/11/2020 10:02:53 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  3:59:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Frisco Mike asked. Karl, did you get to switch the small industrial district near the helix? It is my favorite area.

I did two of the now at least 4 jobs in that area on both sides of that aisle. Fun and thought provoking as well.

We just had weather warnings go out for here calling for snow and cold Wed thru Thursday, while grumbling about that, I noted a new statement from the UP in our secondary home base and shuddered: ...30-35mph winds, snow and then actual temps as low as -20.... Makes our forecast seem balmy by comparison.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/11/2020 4:02:17 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  04:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

Karl, hope the weather isn't too bad.

Tom, congrats on the sales.

TGIF
Still no call from work so I guess I'm safe.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  05:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's cold and raining on the Brazos. It's a good day to stay indoors, but I can't. Duty calls.

Have a good weekend, Rick.

Have fun folks,
Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  08:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where the cold hits tomorrow with a winter revenge. It has been a comfortable winter with
less than a week of sub zero wind chills.That changes tomorrow where when we wake tomorrow it should be around -10f
degrees.Right now it is 20 heading to 39. Thanks Rick for getting us started.

The movie review: the movie was The Gentlemen. Well written story, but English accents IMO made it hard to understand
and hear. Fast speaking to me becomes mumbled. Good acting and the old ladies still swoon over Mathew Mcconathe spelling error
The only American accent. On the scale of 10 just maybe a 6. The ending is set up for a follow up movie.

Grandkids at 3, fitness center at 9. Online looking for On3 for Austin on and off all day. Now seriously
thinking of O and a steel mill as The main focus. The space is 30Ē x 81í. Enjoy your day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  08:33:33 AM  Show Profile
We've a strange yellow orb in the East this morning, but some sort of embolism in the internet is blocking my regular morning weather feed from Grand Rapids...I know it's forecast in big WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY fashion since yesterday as being cold, snow and who knows what the next couple of days.

I worked a bit on the memorial switch engine yesterday and have the decals all in place. Dirt and ugly still needs to be applied. Sparty tried their damnedness(is that a work? sure fits) to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A totally different team that took 20+ points into the intermission just barely squeaked a last second 1 point win out of a game giving all a digitalis craving at the end. It looks like we have a new football coach. 2nd or third choice when a couple said thanks but no thanks.

More work on the bench or layout today is in the back of my mind.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  04:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Some rain this morning and temps in the mid 50's later.

Karl, I like your new word.

Tom, thanks for the review.
O? not On30?
That's a big space to fill.
Keep us posted.

Thanks Mike.

Where's Jerry?

Dentist this morning and then meeting Jerry and Diane for lunch.
Been a while since we've been together and will be good to see them again.

Got the call last night that I was bumped but I'm going to try and fight it because I don't think it was a legal bump.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000