Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 68 ]  [ Total: 73 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  08:50:45 AM  Show Profile
That's a great looking barn. There are many around here in MI that are rapidly returning to the earth, it's sad. The inner workings of their construction is breath taking as well.

From something old to something new, the hardware is hung and the RS-36 project has hit the 99.5% point and are on the layout. The yardmaster allowed the motive power and PR departments a few minutes to line them up for the company photographer.

A fair bit of new snow this morning and I will have to get the other Green Machine out and clear things off. I did it yesterday and had a blast, but about froze my fingers. I hope to see the peek a boo sun tdday. Weather map on TV showed 22" of snow in Manistique (the UP) near my property.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/07/2020 08:57:02 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  09:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Tom, thanks for coffee and the donuts, but about that coffee...

Nice photos Philip, thanks for posting.

Karl, nice bevy of diesels.

31F now but a promise of 61F later today makes a nice day to continue working on the doggie fence. Which reminds me, Rick, how is the electric fence training going?

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Morning

Tom thanks for opening and the coffee.

Rick have a nice day off.

Great picture Philip thanks for posting.

Karl great job on the paint job of the diesels.

Mike have fun with the fence!

Not sure what were doing today. But later I will have some bench time making another door.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  06:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.

Karl, that's a nice looking fleet.

Mike, she respects the fence.
She's been zapped a couple of times but backed away quickly.
We've been outside when people walked by with dogs and stayed about 15 feet away from the fence.
I've gotten to the point where I leave the leash off, but I still go outside with her.

Jerry, I'm on the lookout for a new thread on the new project you teased us with the pic you posted yesterday.

Back to work.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  06:34:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and thanks Rick for getting us going. The diet soda will be fine. Glad to read the dog is
responding to the fence. So. Wisconsin has 18f degrees now and heading to 30. Some things to go to
the post office later and then the day is mine. Not sure what but Iíll find something or with Terry home I
am sure sheíll have something. Enjoy your day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  07:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Had a nice post all written up and it seems I didn't hit SUBMIT, so Hi all. Up early as my 0500 whiz break I lay wide away until 0600ish and got up.

Snow here overnight, temp in the teens. May have to get the equipment out before I decide on going to the Division meeting today. It's all across the Lansing area and if my ears are fubar there's no point going, frustrating myself and everyone else with "Pardon me?, What?, Excuse me?" or nod and grin when you don't have any idea what was just said. Ears were good the last couple of days but faded to near zero late in the evening. Steady white noise this morning but can hear the keystrokes as I type. Too much salt and stress seem to affect the ears, had both yesterday.

With the new RS fleet sort of done I stripped and am repainting an nearly new in the box older Stewart Baldwin switch engine from the estate of our fellow operator at the Nashville Rd. and Division officer. We have Andy has a Tennessee Central segment that has no home power and I am making the unit up in TC with a note of memorial to our friend on it. I like the running characteristic of the Stewart, it has an NCE DASR no sound decoder and runs stutter free on my dirty layout.

Everyone have a good, safe, relaxing day.

Hit Send dummy!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/08/2020 07:08:14 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  10:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I'll try to start that thread this week.
You be careful out among the English!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/32 right now. Later on mid 40's.

We have some errands to run. Then some bench time later on.

Karl hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 02/08/2020 10:35:01 AM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  12:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good afternoon everyone!

Modeling today! Your framing looks good Jerry, anxiously awaiting the new thread!

Have a great Saturday!

Philip

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  1:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Howdy folks,

Rick, thanks for opening and the iced tea...

It's bright but windy today with the temps in 60's. More doggie fence installation today. Sweetie the dog found an opening and leaped down a five foot wall to say hi to the dogs next door.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  06:25:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

Have to keep it brief today.
Dog is demanding attention.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  07:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Rain today, but high at 70F.

I ran out of fencing yesterday and had to order 50 feet to finish.

Have fun,
Mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  08:40:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Hazy sun with 25 degrees here around 0830. The weather is to deteriorate into snow afternoon and wintry mix overnight and then a bit of sun tomorrow but a sloppy commute.

After I s\cleared off the snow yesterday I accompanied the Doll on a trip to W Lansing, Hobby Lobby again. It's become her second home I think. She had a mail order package from them in the mail yesterday as well. We found out that Sparty didn't party t well in AA so hit the DELETE button on the DVR. I did some more work on the Baldwin I am redoing as well as put a couple parts on an older metal truck kit by Ivers Engineering as a diversion from trains.

Today I'll tinker with the Baldwin and prepare for an ops session tomorrow at Keeney's.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  09:28:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from falling white stuff So. Wisconsin. At least 4Ē now and still falling. Rick, thanks for moving this day forward. The diet sodas taste great. The grandson has a hockey game at 11 and falling snow and accumulation doesnít stop hockey games or the drivers! Other then that nothing is scheduled, so enjoy your days.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  11:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

The dog has been a PITA since 7:30 this morning.
Hate to say this Rick but it must be the full (sn*w) moon that is why there acting crazy.

Not sure what's on the agenda but some bench time later!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  11:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
My animals were acting crazy last night and today. It was almost daylight at 3 am.

have a great day!

Philip

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000