Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2019 :  09:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

We are heading home from Georgia today. It has been a fun trip, other than the horrendous cold I now have.

Big changes at home, my 91 year old Mom is moving in with us.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2019 :  10:23:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey, still kicking albeit too, a seething mass with a deadly virus. Obeyed orders to see the dr this morning,... asked if I knew how to kill it, said yes, sent packing. Sleep is fine, the hit by a bus thing has gotta go.

Feel better Mike!

Star is easy to yell Rick- but ĎHEY!!!í always a good sub on occasion. Looks good!

Slow orders today,
Enjoy

That's fine, it'll make another trip kid.

Paul

Edited by - ironflyer on 12/28/2019 10:24:24 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2019 :  12:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Good morning yet from the Central time zone. A dreary cold day in So. Wisconsin. Terry and I made a last minute trip yesterday to St. point, just 114 miles north. Maybe spent 10 minutes on the business deal we went up to handle and 30 minutes taking cell phone pictures at the CN St. Point yard in the fueling pad area. I need another train project like a hole in the head but I have always loved engine facilities, both steam and modern. Cave day as the groceries are put away and nothing else has been planned. Enjoy your day

TomO

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2019 :  1:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Right?!?...Iíd settled on an old layout sketch I refound.
Keep pics of structures with a certain look.
Then a few weeks ago I stumbled over videos of the Payless Mining Co. Goodness me, better than a CP cliff run. Dug up the original ngg. Iím screwed. ;)

After the Doc visit I hit the store and the last copy of the new Who was a steal at ten bucks, second run through, itís Great!

Enjoy the day,

Paul

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2019 :  06:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper are ready to go.

Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.

Good to hear from everyone yesterday.

The dog added a layer of complexity yesterday.
She learned how to climb the fence.
Spent almost an hour after work looking for her.
Now I have to walk her in the backyard on a leash.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2019 :  09:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's 45F headed to 66F this afternoon and raining all day.

It's good to be home.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2019 :  09:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Maybe you need to let the dog out but stay close by until she gets use to the new surroundings.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/33. But rain is coming.

Nothing going on today. Hopefully I will clean my room.

Everyone have a great day!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2019 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile
Electricity on the fence and she will back away Rick. Your local (lol) farm store should have a low voltage unit available. Thanks for getting the day going.

Decision time is coming closer, the hardware store, the g/sonís hockey game or the trainroom. I received a long requested denim and leather apron for my painting and modeling bench and Santa after many years finally delivered, Since I tossed the train room painted and ripped jeans I can now use the apron and wear my lounging around pants and head to the train room.

Mike, I congratulate you for stepping up and having your mom move in. My sister took in my our grandmother and later my mom who actually rotated every 3 months between my sister and me. At times it was hard but in both houses she had her own space. The biggest issue both my sister and I had was mom would start the dinner meal at 2 or 3 and couldnít understand why we didnít get home till 6. There will be an adjustment for you and your mom both.

Santa also delivered a last minute requested item as she was asking for additional gift ideas. Mark B gladly had offered the use of his static grass applicator but I havenít been needed it and actually wonít for a while. There was a parts list for about $25 on Amazon with prime free shipping so I put the parts on the list and got them. That is todayís project as I have a couple sample bags of static grass. Both our kids, my wife and our grandkids actually used the list of modeling items I wanted or thought would be cool to have. I got everything on the lists I created and feel maybe it should have been bigger... No clothes no crazy gifts it was wonderful. Enjoy your day.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2019 :  11:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning guys, off today but a busy schedule follows next week. Pouring rain in the bluegrass!

Watched Kentucky spank Louisville yesteday in OT. Two great young teams.

Submitted my retirement online Saturday, looks like March 2020 is the official day.

Plugging along on my small layout. The cat has found a new sleeping area on the layout! What a punk!

Nice dog Rick! Pets are wonderful yet they tend to create problems. Jerry may be correct about the new surroundings. My neighbor has invisible fence.

Mike, my mother-in-law stayed with us many years after her 96 y/o husband passed. They has 80 acres, was more than she could handle. Lots of adjustments ahead.

Have a great Sunday! Philip

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2019 :  12:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like Santa did a good job guys, thatís nice!

Star will settle in Rick,

Ok in the sun today but thereís a raw chill. Ice show starts later, hopefully the weatherman is right and we stay over the 1/2Ē of ice line. Will see.

Waiting for Green Bay and the Lions.

Great day all,

Paul

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2019 :  04:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper are ready to go.

Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 51.

Thanks for the suggestions and support in regards to Star.
Did think about the Invisible Fence.
I like the electric fence idea too but might be a little too extreme.
I'll work with her more during the week and my days off when I have more time.

In the meanwhile, pick up a bug last week and will go see the Doc after work.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2019 :  05:29:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee and hope you feel better soon. Bugs, no fun.

Thanks for the encouragement about my Mom moving in. It was a no brainer for me.

Still under the weather from a cold. Ugh.

Have a Masonic funeral to give this morning. Hate to see my Brothers pass away.

Stay warm,
Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2019 :  05:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Good gosh itís early and Iím third in line. Remember Mike and I are in the Central Time zone so itís really 4:39 or so when I started writing. Rained most of Sunday and itís raining now. Yesterday hit 56f degrees at 4 pm, today at 4pm we should have 4Ē or so on the ground. Climate change...

Rick, thanks for getting this day moving. I meant the invisible fence but the cow fences I am told can be dialed down for dogs. My daughter has the invisible fence in a 1 acre configuration and there was no issue training Brewer who is a Lab. My son had his dog Ruckus here for Christmas and the 2 are great with each other but Ruckus is older and walks without a chain. He would run beyond the invisible fence and you could basically see him try to coax Brewer over. It was hilarious.

Back to the fitness center and the train room today. I never made it in there yesterday. Enjoy the day.

TomO

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 12/30/2019 :  10:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Morning all, temp is hanging above freezing so rain here near the river, half inch of ice and power out up in the surrounding ranges.

Mike, very true, sorry for the loss brother,

Rick, feel better, would like to hit the bench but a nap is looming,

Have a good day all,

Paul

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2019 :  10:12:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Philip

Morning guys, off today but a busy schedule follows next week. Pouring rain in the bluegrass!

Watched Kentucky spank Louisville yesteday in OT. Two great young teams.

Submitted my retirement online Saturday, looks like March 2020 is the official day.

Plugging along on my small layout. The cat has found a new sleeping area on the layout! What a punk!

Nice dog Rick! Pets are wonderful yet they tend to create problems. Jerry may be correct about the new surroundings. My neighbor has invisible fence.

Mike, my mother-in-law stayed with us many years after her 96 y/o husband passed. They has 80 acres, was more than she could handle. Lots of adjustments ahead.

Have a great Sunday! Philip

Philip

I missed your retirement date announcement. Sorry! I did it in 2014 and believe me it is a life changing event and one to be enjoyed. just make sure you create time for yourself as you will not believe the honey do list that appears magically.

TomO

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000