Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 86 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918
Page: of 27

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  08:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone

Rick please lock up the old lounge. And thanks for the coffee.

People come and people go. So more company on the way!!

Weather here sunny/77. A nice day in South Jersey storms later on maybe!!

Looks good in here new paint, furniture, bar, and fireplace lets keep it clean guys!1

Everyone have a great day!!
Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  1:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all!
Nothing like new paint and shiny counters!
BC Day long weekend coming up (my long weekend is actually Sun-Tue). My wife and I are riding our motorcycles over to Victoria, on Vancouver Island, and up the coast and back across and down the Sunshine Coast to home. 3-day adventure with, I'm sure, some shopping.... Haven't been away on a trip for almost 2 years. Very excited!
My MIL's sister and husband are coming to stay for "some time". She occupies the basement so we likely won't see much of them but it always causes friction (neither my MIL nor her sister have much empathy or tact). Oh well, 3 of those days we will be away :-)
No hobby time though, as they will be camped in the train room :-(
Anyway, have a good 'un. There's fresh sticky buns to celebrate the new lounge.
Cheers,
Dave

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  10:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening

Well we had some storms today that were unbelievable.
I have never seen it rain so hard as it did today and with the wind amazing!

So the bar is open and I'm having a nice Eagle Rare to break in the new place.
I see its a brand new bar and comfortable bar chairs.

Join me if your around.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  08:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Cherry Diet Pepsi are ready to go.

Mostly sunny and upper 80's here in Joisey today.

Jerry, thanks for opening the new lounge.
Place looks real nice.
We had a thunderstorm come through yesterday but we didn't get it as bad as you did.

Dave, enjoy your trip.

Tom, thanks for the movie reviews.

Grocery shopping and meal prep this morning and some yard work in the afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  11:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Dave, sounds like a fun cruise.

Tom, thanks for saving me $20 bucks on movie tickets. Appreciate the reviews.

Its warmer in SF today at 85F, but 102F at home. Yikes. I suspect my wife has shopping on her mind today...

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  11:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from my deck in So. Wisconsin. I am on a 10 minute break from my vacuuming duties.

I dislike panning movies as we all have such different tastes but Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is awful. Brad Pitt May get awards for his portrayal of his character in the movie but... As we walked out yesterday a young lady 20 something asked her date what the movie was about, his comment was “no clue”.

Anyway, nice new lounge and I do like the smell of fresh paint. Thanks Rick for locating a great space, Geezer would be fine with it.

Enjoy your day, my break time is done
Tom

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2019 :  06:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Some clouds and upper 80's here today.

Got a lot done on my days off but it's time to go back to work.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2019 :  07:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening.

No coffee for me I have bloodwork at 8:30!! But I'll be looking for that cup at 9!!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/66. But humid. Shower or two later.

We have the youngest grandson with us for a few days.

Looks like beach time and other things with him the next few days.

Nothing from the train room.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2019 :  10:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. I also have nothing going in the train room. I have to add the fabric curtain to cover the underneath of the layout. Unfortunately, I have no desire to be in the train room this week but I now have the materials. Maybe, because the weather has been so great.

To close out the theater season for 2018/19 we saw last night the musical Anastasia. My wife said of the 7 we saw this year, she loved this the best. I thought it was very good. IMO, some of these touring Broadway shows are as good as being on Broadway. Some of where we’ve seen both places, definitely the touring ones are better. Hamilton is up this year in Madison and I can’t wait to compare it to the Broadway versions. For what I paid 3 years ago on Broadway for 2 tickets for Hamilton, that would have paid 40% of this year’s season tickets. But we enjoyed it and when the spousal unit is happy, better for me.

Enjoy your day
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2019 :  10:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, hope your tests go well.

It's our last day in Santa Fe, so we are headed to the wineries to try NM wine.

Looks like a rainy afternoon with a high around 84F.

Have fun folks,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Some clouds and mid 80's.

Mike, how was the wine?

Tom, I can't wait to retire so I can enjoy some of the things that you post about.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2nd attempt. Good morning from still weather beautiful So. Wisconsin. Thanks Rick for getting us going.

Rick, as Jerry and Mike can tell you when retired you have to stay engaged and active. My wife especially gets antsy when we sit around too long. Also, it helps to have saved every paycheck for my last 21 years working, including bonus. We lived off Terry’s paychecks. It is very nice only to have to pay the internet and cell phone bills monthly.

Today we head to Terry’s 50th high school reunion. I finally get to meet the guy my mother in law kept telling me the last 20 years Terry should have married because he was rich and really handsome. I have no clue why but after my FIL passed Terry’s mom and I didn’t see eye to eye. But this was also a person who constantly reminded Terry how successful her younger sister was because she was an office manager. This to a woman who put herself through college, has a PhD. and was second in command at a major school district in Wisconsin for 24 years. Oh yeah, this should be fun!

Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  12:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late evening

Just stopped by for a cold one before heading to bed.

Nothing new here. The one grandson is a blast. So going to the beach is on the agenda tomorrow again!!

See you all in the morning.

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  06:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Lots of sun and back into the 90's here today.

Jerry, glad you're having fun with the grand kid.

Tom, hope you enjoyed the reunion.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  08:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

We have homemade waffles with butter and Vermont maple syrup sides of bacon & sausage for breakfast!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/74. Later/90!

Need to take the camera today and take pictures of the grandson riding the waves and his "Boogie Board".

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  09:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, thanks for the fantastic breakfast.

Have fun at the beach, folks.

Not sure what the day holds. I am tired from the drive home from Santa Fe, so not sure what I'll do but rest.

Have fun,
Mike

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist Topic Next Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000