Railroad Line Forums - ACF 3500 centerflow cylindrical hopper car brakes
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 65 ]  [ Total: 66 ]  [ Newest Member: unclebug ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 ACF 3500 centerflow cylindrical hopper car brakes
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Best Steam Locomotive Topic Next Topic: coulples night x2  

elittle
New Hire

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  1:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on the NMRA car achievement program. I am scratch building an ACF 3500 cylindrical hopper using plans I received with an Ambroid kit. Can anyone advise how the braking system was set up from the A end to the B end. The plans I have only show the A end and the location of the air reservoir and does not show how the system got to the B end. Any help would be appreciated.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  3:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only instructions I have from Ambroid show making up the brake system and mounting it on the "B" end. Nothing showing the brake lines to other end of car. Last picture shows a single long air line from "B" end to "A" end of car.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

elittle
New Hire

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  3:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the directions and the diagram but I didn't have the last drawing showing what happened underneath. Thanks for the info.

Previous Topic: Best Steam Locomotive Topic Next Topic: coulples night x2  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000