Railroad Line Forums - Interaction Hobbies Model 'T's
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 103 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Interaction Hobbies Model 'T's
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lous Kitbashing a Livestock trailer truck Topic Next Topic: Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama
Page: of 3

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 05/12/2019 :  5:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting a couple new projects. Darryl at Interaction Hobbies came out with a number of Model T truck kits and I had to get a couple of them

Download Attachment: DSCF8051.JPG
198.53 KB

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 05/12/2019 :  6:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had some issues with the first post

I got the 1911 closed cab pickup and the 1912 flatdeck. I'm building the flatdeck first.

The kit consists of a number of laser cut sheets and a box of 3-d printed parts.

I started with getting the front fenders attached to the lower body. There's some tricky bending and some fiddly attachments to this step but if you take your time and follow the instructions it turns out okay.

the underside has the frame, lower engine block and bellhousing attached. I assembled all of this as a sub-assembly before painting.

This is the sprue(?) of the 3-d parts. Darryl uses a resin 3-d printer for some excellent detail. That's a Canadian quarter that it's sitting on.

I decided to paint the cab and wheels in an oxide green. I left the wheels in the carrier card for painting and used some post its it mask off the rest.

Next the black on the lower body, fenders, hood

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/12/2019 :  10:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glen; Nice looking pair of vehicles. Looking forward to the construction to continue...several nice things in the companyís website.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2019 :  07:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking kits, Glen. They look like they're challenging to build. This will be interesting to follow.

George

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2019 :  08:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interested to see how these will look once completed.

Making wood look like metal will be a challenge, but I'm sure you're up to it Glen....

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 05/13/2019 :  10:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pair of vehicles project Glen. Interaction Hobbies seems to be putting out some great kits continually. Being the era of those vehicles, using wood would be fitting. Looking forward to your progress.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/13/2019 :  11:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting to see the various raw materials. Iím sure weíre all going to learn something here.

Mike

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 05/15/2019 :  8:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. So far I'm enjoying the challenge.
I finished up most of the painting

The cab and wheels will be green with a wood-tan deck and stakes. I'll touch up the edges as I assemble the parts.

I airbrushed the 3-d printed parts in black and then brush painted the radiator, front lamps and steering wheel center in brass.

This is how far I've gotten today. I assembled the back half of the cab, installed the seat and assembled the cab front. I'm waiting for some glue to dry before continuing.

JeffB
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/15/2019 :  9:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Glen,

I'm following along with your build. It's looking good. I've been wondering how these kits are to build; especially now that Jordan is no longer.

Jeff Betcher

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  09:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glen,
I will also be following this construction. It is always a treat to see what you build. Great start so far.

Rich

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  09:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those kits look interesting, Glen. I'll be interested in seeing them built up.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  11:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glen,
You're doing a nice job on this kit. I'm following along with great interest.

It's only make-believe

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  11:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
interesting kits. i wish they were available in O scale.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

CWRailman
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  11:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CWRailman's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing this build. Always interested to see what others are doing with products that might be applicable to my era. However with over 60 Jordan vehicles yet to build, and an absence of motivation to build them, I donít think I will be acquiring any of these in my lifetime. Iím interested in your airbrushing of that Acrylic paint. What can you say about that?

Denny
Janitor in Training
CW Loco and Car Rebuild Shops
WEB site: http://www.cwrailman.com/
Facebook: CWRailman

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  12:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice kit!

quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

interesting kits. i wish they were available in O scale.

Yep!

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  8:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone.
Jeff, I do find some similarities to jordans.

I don't know if Darryl has plans to up-size these kits but he has stuck his toe in the O scale market with up sizing the vintage travel trailer

Denny, I could devote a whole thread on airbrushing acrylics. But I think you were referring to the bottle of green artists acrylic on the workbench? I thinned it with some Testors acrylic airbrush thinner and sprayed it with my badger 200 internal mix brush.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Lous Kitbashing a Livestock trailer truck Topic Next Topic: Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000