Railroad Line Forums - Louis Gomes (desertdrover)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 248 ]  [ Total: 253 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Railroad Line Administrative Forums
 Administrative Posts
 Louis Gomes (desertdrover)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR REGISTERING TO RR_LINE Topic Next Topic: Reached 17999 posts again
Page: of 3

PaulS
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/13/2019 :  6:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also concur with Lou as an Administrator,,,,
--Paul

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/14/2019 :  01:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have no idea how these forums work, but would it not be easy to simply add a single letter or number to the name so that he could start another 18,000 posts?

This is what people do to get a new email address all the time.

desertdrover2

for example

railmus
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2019 :  10:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit railmus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Louis has my vote! He is very knowledgeable, does lots of research and shares his knowledge freely.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  10:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for your patience... Louis is all fixed !

unfortunately this forum software is 20 + years old and has not been supported in at least 10 years.... portions of the forum would have to be re-coded to fix this issue and i just dont have the time to do it.. I quess that the creators never imagined their software would have to be this scale-able. I have looked into moving the Railroad Line Forum to a new platform and have actually purchased the software and tested it. However MIGRATING all the data / users / pictures would cost a couple thousand dollars ( i did find a company who would do the migration )

So, unfortunately we have to live with this..

Thanks for your understanding

Joe

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  10:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Joe.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  11:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, unfortunately we have to live with this..

So reset posts to 1700 and suggestions of making Desertdrover admin was not considered?

Unreal.

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  11:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed his post count to 17,000.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  1:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Joe and Rick for getting me back into action once again. No matter what the glitches, or problems this forum software has, this is hands down the best Railroad Forum around and in existence.
I also want to take this time to thank everyone for the vote of confidence, all the kind and thoughtful comments, but being an Administrator or Moderator of this Forum is not my forte at all. I enjoy being just a member, speaking my mind when I want, and helping fellow members within this hobby of ours, and not having to monitor and be stepping in when discussions get a little heated, locking posts, or deleting someoneís thoughts from a thread. So although I did appreciate everyoneís thoughts here, and concerns, Iím happy being just your friend and fellow modeler. Iíd be quite happy if there were no post counts within the Forum for anyone. What good is a post count, if it only works for some? Iíve played leap-frog with Frederic Testardís post count twice in two years. And, now he isnít even with us anymore. So, start me at zero, I know in my heart what Iíve tried to contribute to this forum and its members. One of our wonderful Forum members help me find peace within myself about this matter, what he called this is a "weightless matter", so all is good as far as Iím concerned.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  1:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you got back to posting Louis!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  1:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm happy that you are back Louis. Well said indeed. Thank you for being a friend to many and a special Thanks to Joe for keeping this forum active for all to enjoy.

Rich

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  3:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Louis!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  7:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, Rich, Lou, thank you and all the dozens of great folks that do keep this the best repository of model railroading that Iíve experienced.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  9:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hear hear!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  11:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Thanks Rick for rescuing Louis. BUT, that's only a temporary band-aid. Louis needs a permanent fix for the continuing problem.

Frank

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 04/18/2019 11:20:19 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  11:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Thanks Rick for rescuing Louis. BUT, that's only a temporary band-aid. Louis needs a permanent fix for the continuing problem.

Frank, did you read Joe's comment?

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR REGISTERING TO RR_LINE Topic Next Topic: Reached 17999 posts again  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000