Railroad Line Forums - Lou's Kitbashing a Livestock trailer truck
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: fd ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Lou's Kitbashing a Livestock trailer truck
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Another wrecked boat Topic Next Topic: A Wreck for the REEF
Page: of 11

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2019 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Looks like snow across Minnesota, WISCONSIN, and Michigan. WISCONSIN is in CAPS, because everyone I know from WISCONSIN says it like that.

Jim

Hey Jim, you guys are used to that stuff. I hate everything thing there is about snow! I'm and April thru November type of person. Except for Christmas.

What about Springfield??? You forgot Springfield!

Pete
in Michigan

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2019 :  5:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lou, really nice work on the trailer.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2019 :  10:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Looks like snow across Minnesota, WISCONSIN, and Michigan. WISCONSIN is in CAPS, because everyone I know from WISCONSIN says it like that.

Jim

Hey Jim, you guys are used to that stuff. I hate everything thing there is about snow! I'm and April thru November type of person. Except for Christmas.

What about Springfield??? You forgot Springfield!

Pete
in Michigan

Yep, got to say I enjoy that too, but even that is a bad time of year, for the type of thing.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2019 :  10:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Lou, really nice work on the trailer.

Thank you Bill, your thoughts and comments are always welcomed!

Louis

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  08:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lou, I have a P2K stockcar kit that has been laying around for years. My son & I got it from a bargain table way back when our "planning" was.."Gee, it's shiny, that's good, let's get it".
But the C&V RR doesn't really haul much livestoc, so it's still in its box. However, watching your livestock trailer thread reminded me it we still have it and now I'm thinking I can build it to haul a load of Christmas trees. Thanks for the inspiration :)

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  10:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Lou, I have a P2K stockcar kit that has been laying around for years. My son & I got it from a bargain table way back when our "planning" was.."Gee, it's shiny, that's good, let's get it".
But the C&V RR doesn't really haul much livestoc, so it's still in its box. However, watching your livestock trailer thread reminded me it we still have it and now I'm thinking I can build it to haul a load of Christmas trees. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Well thank you very much Bill! Suggesting Iím inspiring you is a great compliment, after seeing the many fine vehicles you have produced, and the work you have accomplished, Iím honored to hear that.

Louis

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  11:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use a Testors Sure Thing Decal Maker program Custom Edition I got for $9.95 years ago for all my decal making, however, since then the prices may have gone up in price; http://www.decalgear.com/DG/Category.asp?CatCode=DM_FEATURES
Thereís also a Basic Edition software for at that time $6.95, but you donít have all the custom decaling abilities. http://www.decalgear.com/DG/Product.asp?ProdCode=62101-1
I did a Homemade Decals How-to here in 2008; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23297 the same process was used to make the RV Ranch Cattle trailer decals. The Testors decal bonder spray must be used to seal the ink. Some printer inks will not run, but others will, so to be safe and take that extra step, use the bonder spray. Iíve seen a good decal run because I left that step out.
I made a few extra decals while I was at it for mistakes, or for other vehicles use.

Louis

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  09:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know there are people that want this build to be over, so here you have it. My rambling on is finely over.
There was a bit of disappointment when I tried to attach the clear decals onto the trailer. Somehow, the yellow color background in the decal disappeared when placed on top of the red trailer color. I guess the yellow was so see through on the transparent decal, that the red over powered the yellow showing the red through it leaving just the black to standout. Iím just going to live with that decal as it looks now. For the trailer truck cab doors I printed the decal onto a piece of paper, cut it out, and glued it on with Mod Podge. I guess next time Iíll have to printout the decals onto white backed decals, and not the transparent type.
Here we have the completed RV Cattle trailer truck, loaded with cattle for the L&R railroad, and ready to be placed at the RV cattle ranch pens to be unloaded for train transporting.

Louis

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Louis,

Your cattle truck is a very striking vehicle with the bright red color. Even though not the way you intended, the decals look great. You did such a precise job building the trailer I think most people are going to assume you just took it out of a box and set it on your layout.

Mike

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice work Louis. Congrats on the finish!

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good work Lou!

David Guffey

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Louis,

Your cattle truck is a very striking vehicle with the bright red color. Even though not the way you intended, the decals look great. You did such a precise job building the trailer I think most people are going to assume you just took it out of a box and set it on your layout.

Mike

Thank you very much Mike. Your comments and thoughts are appreciated.

Louis

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did a fine job on that trailer, Louis. The disappearing yellow is interesting. I guess white backing would be the answer.

George

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Very nice work Louis. Congrats on the finish!

Thanks Carl for posting your comments, and always following along.

Louis

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guff

Good work Lou!

quote:
Originally posted by George D

You did a fine job on that trailer, Louis. The disappearing yellow is interesting. I guess white backing would be the answer.

George

David many thanks!

George, as always thanks for your post and comments.
I had noticed before that my L&R Logo where it has the yellow color, they also did disappear on certain colors, when I attached them on box cars of different colors.

Louis

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: Another wrecked boat Topic Next Topic: A Wreck for the REEF  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000