Railroad Line Forums - Die cast excavator
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Die cast excavator
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama Topic Next Topic: Hayes off road Logging Truck  

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2019 :  12:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just given this excavator model

At first I thought it was a woodland scenics Insley excavator but it's a bit bigger. I was wondering if anyone here might know what make it is? I think it's missing a part and I could use some instructions or a picture of a completed one for guidance.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2019 :  09:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

with a some work and a little fun you could turn yours into something like this.

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  07:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those look really good Frank. I've built the Woodland Scenics Insley excavator

That was a bit of fun
I have figured out that this new one was made by Custom Finishing Models. I checked their web site and it is no longer listed but I sent an email to them to see if I can get some help with restoring this model.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  09:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Glen, that's an interesting looking model. Well done.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2019 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you change the subject of this thread, you might find a member who's built it, or has the kit in their stash.

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2019 :  09:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a reply from Custom Finishing and the missing parts and a set of instructions are on the way. looks like this won't be a lost cause after all.

Previous Topic: Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama Topic Next Topic: Hayes off road Logging Truck  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000