Railroad Line Forums - BLI 2-8-0 RGS ON30
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 BLI 2-8-0 RGS ON30
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Cielo Vista Railway: a new chapter Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  

gdhampton
New Hire

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  1:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to replace the dummy front coupler. Is there a replacement coupler. If not has any body modified the pilot to add a Kadee Coupler

Jerry H

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  3:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just did three of these. Originally had the engine service place attempt these. They put in KD #29 drop shank couplers. Still too high to couple to my Bachmann rolling stock. Found an article in 2016 On30 Annual titled "Drop the Dummy". It entails cutting back the pilot on the BLI to get a flat surface. Replace with the readily available Bachmann 2-6-0 pilot with coupler already installed. Glue to BLI , make sure the bottom of the new pilot is about 1/16 of an inch above the rail. Takes about 20 minutes or so.
Try searching "drop the dummy On30"
B'man pilots readily available on E-Bay.

Mark B.

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  4:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually it's listed as "ditching the dummy.."
Mark

gdhampton
New Hire

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  10:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark

Thanks for the reply I will look into this

Jerry

gdhampton
New Hire

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  11:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark

The 2016 ON30 has an article entitled Back Dating a BLI 2 8 0 would this be the article describing the Drop The Dummy. If so I will Purchase

Jerry Hampton

Previous Topic: Cielo Vista Railway: a new chapter Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000