Railroad Line Forums - O Scale Bay Windows and Roof Trim
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: CHARLES SEIDELMANN ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 O Scale Bay Windows and Roof Trim
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Laser Art Structures #600 Dubois House Topic Next Topic: Juneco CNR 250 Ton Ice house  

Keeper
New Hire

Posted - 01/06/2019 :  4:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any recommendations on where I can find prefabricated bay windows in O Scale? I searched the Grandt Line site (understanding they've been sold to the San Juan Model Company), but I didn't find a full bay window, just individual windows than can be combined in a constructed bay window frame (3723 + 3729).

Also, I'm looking for cured dental trim to go on the inside of an arched gable that will be the face of a storefront. I can find a couple triangular trim details, but nothing that is curved.

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2019 :  5:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Brett. Welcome to the Forum.
I would think you would have to scratch-build them, using GL or Tichy windows. Not that hard.
Otherwise you would have to buy a full kit of a structure that already has them included.

Good luck, Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2019 :  8:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brett, there are several tutorials on bay windows , by Carl Allesi, Sgt Bob, and others right here on the forum..If you scroll on the list of build threads on the build forums, I'm sure you'll find a thread that will help you out'...

Previous Topic: Laser Art Structures #600 Dubois House Topic Next Topic: Juneco CNR 250 Ton Ice house  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000