Railroad Line Forums - Jordan Miniatures
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Jordan Miniatures
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: More junk yard fodder Topic Next Topic: Shay Powered Road Roller  

clapper
New Hire

Posted - 12/31/2018 :  2:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read about the demise of the subject company. I have only a few of the their HO models that fit the era of my 1920s railroad. I wish I had a few more Mack stake and tank trucks, and Ford model "T" pickups and sedans.

Does anyone know of another maker of 1920s-era HO scale vehicle model kits?

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  08:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wiseman has trucks

http://www.locopainter.com/store/category.php?id=44

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Inter-action has started looking at older vehicles: http://www.interactionhobbies.com/HO-7504-The-Canada-Contraption-Commercial-Motor-Vehicle-Co-Truck_p_61.html

They have another couple of kits combining laser and 3D printed parts, that haven't been posted on their website yet. "Watch this space."

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  10:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than their website, I haven't seen any threads or built-up photos of the Wiseman pieces.....

Anyone have any links?

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  10:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Other than their website, I haven't seen any threads or built-up photos of the Wiseman pieces.....

Anyone have any links?

Check the link I posed above; click on pictures of trucks and they open to show each built up.

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  11:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, you might also try "Sylvan" vehicle kits.
Also with the U.S. dollar being worth more than the Canadian dollar you may find them a little cheaper with the exchange.

www.sylvanscalemodels.com

Greg Shinnie

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  11:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a Damn shame about Jordon I can't believe that the Family destroyed the molds WHAT WACKO'S and wanted NO ONE TO HAVE THE COMPANY not even for money

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  11:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig H

That's a Damn shame about Jordon I can't believe that the Family destroyed the molds WHAT WACKO'S and wanted NO ONE TO HAVE THE COMPANY not even for money

Wacko's? Can't call folks Wacko's or crazy because the family respected the workmanship more than money.

Jim

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  1:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

quote:
Originally posted by Craig H

Wacko's? Can't call folks Wacko's or crazy because the family respected the workmanship more than money.

Jim

Sorry Jim, but I would have to agree with CraigH on this one. I'm sure the relatives got a good chunk of the Jordan fortune by grabbing with both fists, and didn't want to deal with lawyers and paperwork for the rest. How sad it that for falling into the same scheme of things that many of us have witnessed when it comes to inheritances of many estates today.
Just my 2 cents...

Rich

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  1:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My previous question on pics or built-ups was "BESIDES" the Wiseman website photos....

Thanks

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  2:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see someone make molds of all the Jordon kits. I would think all they would need is the kits themselves to make CAD drawing of them. Wiseman just came out with new O scale kits that were all the HO SSLTD truck kits with Cad drawing I believe.... So if wiseman can do it I'm sure someone else could do the same? Jordon sure didn't own the Patent for Mack Trucks[:-splat

Edited by - Craig H on 01/11/2019 5:03:47 PM

clapper
New Hire

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  11:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

You say the family respected workmanship over money, but wasn't the quality and exquisiteness of the workmanship already done in the creation of the molds? With the proven success of that design work it wouldn't make sense for a prospective future buyer to change the molds. On the contrary, it would be in his interest to preserve the original workmanship.

Chuck

Wulf
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2019 :  11:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad thing about the molds is they weren't all Jordan's work - the railbus & crane were bought from Vintage Vehicles. I 'almost' understand the idea of the man's work dies with him, but if that was the 'only' reason they wouldn't have also got rid of the vintage molds.

CEO, Lancre Valley Steam navigation Co.

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/24/2019 :  2:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to RR-Line, clapper! Glad to have you. I am also a 1920s era modeler.

Athearn makes a Model A Ford built and painted in various configurations, though you may have to hunt around to find them. Also National Motor Company made some metal kits that included a 1929 Packard. I am working on the hard top and forum member Ensign (Greg) has built the Packard convertible. And if you can find them, there were some AHM or IHC structure kits, I believe, that came with vehicles, namely a hearse and a fire truck, both of which would be suitable for the 1920s. I found the hearse on eBay by itself.

Tip - when looking for Jordans on eBay, look for Buy-It-Now options and look for bulk or lot listings. I managed to grab 7 or 8 kits in one bundle and they worked out to be under $10 each.

Welcome again, and happy hunting. Do share photos of your work as you are able.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2019 :  5:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clapper

Jim,

You say the family respected workmanship over money, but wasn't the quality and exquisiteness of the workmanship already done in the creation of the molds? With the proven success of that design work it wouldn't make sense for a prospective future buyer to change the molds. On the contrary, it would be in his interest to preserve the original workmanship.

Chuck

I'm saying that the family had every right to do what they wished with the assets. Some may not like that result, but the family exercised THEIR rights, end of story.

Jim

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/24/2019 :  7:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, and here's another - Woodland Scenics makes a nice Diamond T metal kit as a wrecker, delivery truck, and other variants, I believe. I have the Diamond T as a delivery truck that comes with Purina dry transfers.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

Previous Topic: More junk yard fodder Topic Next Topic: Shay Powered Road Roller  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000