Railroad Line Forums - Smoky Mountain 70-Ton Flat Car
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: Wayne Taylor ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Smoky Mountain 70-Ton Flat Car
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Large scale Indoor layout Topic Next Topic: Cats Head Pier in 1/19th scale from the UK.  

railroad-guy
Section Hand

Posted - 12/26/2018 :  10:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit railroad-guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finished my Smoky Mountain Model Works AAR 53' 6", 70-Ton Flat Car. I used a wood deck in place of the supplied urethane deck. Being what I call a "runner" on the layout I used Kadee couplers for switching. Decals from Protocraft.

I can not find any pictures of this type of load where chains were used. MOW load yes, old tractor loads no. The specs call for wire. Now using stranded Clover House cable.

Regards,
Daniel Dawdy
http://oscaleresource.com/ and http://sscaleresource.com/

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2019 :  10:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to send you some surgical silk for future use.

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

Previous Topic: Large scale Indoor layout Topic Next Topic: Cats Head Pier in 1/19th scale from the UK.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000