Railroad Line Forums - Thursday the 11th
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday the 11th
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: COLD Friday the 12th Crew Lounge is OPEN Topic Next Topic: Humpin’ for the Wednesday, will the weekend come?  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  06:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all.

Long day today. At the office by 0600. Company dinner this evening (Quarter Century survivors). Kills my weekly ops session.

Thoughts to the fine people getting hammered by Mike. Pensacola, Panama City, Mobile...my favorite stretch of real estate on the Gulf.

Heading to the cafeteria shortly. Sausage patties on a bun will be the selection for me. If you wonder how I eat, my fresh fruit consumption is dessert at night.

Looks like some Mike effect will be reaching us later today. Not as bad in the Valley Forge area as it will be on Delmarva and south Jersey. And after that, the heat will break and we'll finally get some fall temps.

Larry

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  07:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 52f out rainy. Far cry from just a few days ago. Guess FALL is now here.

Looks like one dead in Michael. For the power of that storm I hope it remain a low total. I've rode them out in the past when we live down on the west coast. Not fun.

Had my Oatmeal and Tea. Just waiting to take Mary in for her colonoscopy this morning. Then I'll take her to Chick Fil A for lunch, her favorite place.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Cool and some places stormy Train Yard.

Walt

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  07:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening Larry were suppose to head down to Destin Fla. in a couple of weeks for vacation don't know how that will play out ? I don't think they got hit as bad as Panama City. Cool weather starts here tomorrow right now its 68 and cloudy with a few showers in the Mid Ohio Valley got errands to run today maybe some time in the Train yard

Have good day all

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  08:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the crew. It is 57 degrees here in SE Michigan with the re-arrival of fall.

A trip to the barber is on tap this morning then I will mow the lawn.

Tomorrow we head to the North Central Region Convention.

Have a great day.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  08:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry and crew. We're going to be in the 80's again today, but after Michael passes through Tidewater Virginia, it will be in the 60's. We're supposed to get rain and some wind.

I have check out the generator this morning. I hope we don't loose power and have to use it. This afternoon I need to review all the travel documents for our trip starting next week.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  09:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GREY AND COLD in the great state of Michigan this morning. Fall has fallen amongst us after a lot of rain late yesterday.

Worried about family members in Panama City, they live in a really low area that is barely inches above water level there.

I’m headed back down to the layout and get a final day of prep moving. Maybe I’ll find some ‘cute little buildings’ to put out for the cynics...:). Looking forward to visitors this weekend.

Have a safe, and dry, day everyone.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  09:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GREY AND COLD in the great state of Michigan this morning. 45 degrees.

ODDLY REPETATIVE, TOO.

Fall has fallen amongst us after a lot of rain late yesterday.

Worried about family members in Panama City, they live in a really low area that is barely inches above water level there.

I’m headed back down to the layout and get a final day of prep moving. Maybe I’ll find some ‘cute little buildings’ to put out for the cynics...:). Looking forward to visitors this weekend.

Have a safe, and dry, day everyone.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/11/2018 10:00:03 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  09:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from So. Wisconsin where it is 39f degrees and tonight there are frost warnings. No rain which is a change from previous predictions but it has been replaced by high winds currently at 17 with gusts of 33mph.

We have 6 color samples painted on one of the walls in our bedroom. The daughter will be over in awhile to help her mom choose the shade. I was told that I do not have to paint, the daughter will. I have no issues with that as she is much better and quicker. She painted classrooms in her mom’s school district for 5 summers in high school and college. No taping for her!

Something Rotten is the musical we see tonight but nothing else planned for the day. No fitness center today so back to the workbench and working on CV’s. I have put the grain facility on the side for a few days with 4 of 8 silos built but tired of it. Enjoy your day.
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  6:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thursday is geology day here, lecture in the morning, lab in the afternoon, and I did some work on the term project in between.

Autumn leaves are definitely turned here, probably another week to reach peak. The oaks are stronger/better color this year than the last 2 years we've been here. So it looks like a good leaf year.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: COLD Friday the 12th Crew Lounge is OPEN Topic Next Topic: Humpin’ for the Wednesday, will the weekend come?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000