Railroad Line Forums - Chapala, Mexico
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Tour Bus
 Chapala, Mexico
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Mass,. RI,. Ct layout tour April 14th  

Vince53
New Hire

Posted - 05/12/2018 :  3:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The Gringo Zone" includes the largest collection of Americans and Canadians in the world outside of the US and Canada. About 14,000 Gringos (And No, it is not an insult) live here.

Is there anybody else in the Lake Chapala area?
Vincent Massi

Vince53
New Hire

Posted - 05/12/2018 :  3:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I just read the rules.

VRE (Vincent's Railroad Empire) has three HO and one battery-powered train. I only started in January and have a lot to learn, but my wife and I are having a wonderful time building and improving the lay-out.

Vincent Massi

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 05/13/2018 :  07:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Photos, we need PHOTOS here Vince.

Walt

Vince53
New Hire

Posted - 05/13/2018 :  08:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I tried to load a photo and it says "Operation Not Allowed."

Vincent Massi

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2018 :  09:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe (our forum operator) promises to keep all of our photos available, no matter how old the thread gets. But for this to work, we must shrink the files we upload - 100 kilobytes is good, which you can usually get by using 800x600 pixels and JPEG quality of 80%. Microsoft & Apple keep rearranging their photo tools, but it can be done with built-in tools from either company. The photo file's name also has to follow some rules, pure alphanumeric names work fine.

Details can be found here: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2018 :  09:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vince,

The photos are a little tricky at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it. There are a few spots on the forum that highlight how to upload photos. There are two important things to know. #1 keep the file size to no larger than around 100KB. #2 use regular file names like, ABC123.jpg and NOT X/$Y*Z.PNG. Special characters aren't understood. After you first couple of photos, it's easy.

Jim

Ace'd out by James.

Edited by - BurleyJim on 05/13/2018 09:33:31 AM

Topic Next Topic: Mass,. RI,. Ct layout tour April 14th  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000