Railroad Line Forums - Etched brass locomotive kit build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 59 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Etched brass locomotive kit build
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Topic Next Topic: 1840 depot on the Hudson River
Page: of 6

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  5:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, Håkan, that is one sharp locomotive. I really like the colored striping decals on the green paint job.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  5:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice progress. The decals add a lot.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  5:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doubling or not the decals look great and really add to the engine.
as for the decoder...if it's under the petticoat it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Bob

It's only make-believe

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  6:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan

It looks terrific, the decals really enhance the overall appearance. Green cowcatchers.

Jim

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  7:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the pinstripes. It's really looking good.

George

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  7:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo! Bravo!

You're doing great, Håkan!

Unbelievable that you actually fit a SOUND decoder AND a speaker into that tiny thing! Another TS Economi decoder?

Seeing your compact decoder install gives me hope that I'll be able to fit TS2's and a speaker into my MDC OT tenders.

All fer now!

Andre

Edited by - OK Hogger on 01/28/2019 7:58:49 PM

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  4:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys! I’m happy you like it. I was going to add some more pinstriping tonight but had run out of decals.
I need to fire up the old printer to make some more.

Andre, the Econami is quite small as is the TS2 and if you use a sugarcube speaker I’m sure you will fit it in a MDC tender.

Håkan

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  5:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan:

Great news on the TS2, I really like the dynamic effect of the TS2. It intensifies under load, drifts, etc. Sounds fun!

Andre

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  03:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the late update. I have been a bit sidetracked working on a OO9 exhibition layout

Glad you like the TS2 Andre.

There has not been much work on the 0-6-0T but I have nearly finished the decaling and painting. Here are some photos.

One thing I'm not to happy about is that I should have put more effort in removing the print marks on the tank. They are quite noticable when it is gloss varnished. I hope they will somewhat disappear when putting on the satin finish coat.

Next is the wheels and when they are painted its downhill with assembling the model and try it out.

Håkan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan,

The satin finish will definitely knock down the print marks. The position of the light source, and the 'macro' closeup, only adds to YOUR critical look at it. As a youth, I worked at an autobody shop. I saw every 'molecule' out of place. Everyone else saw the work as 'beautiful'. This engine is beautiful!

Jim

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  09:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan,
Thank you for sharing your post. I have a kit of a Hunslet that is of the same type of construction that I need to build and will find your posts most helpful.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  3:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, Did you print the Tank or did it come with the etchings?

I hope that those who see this realize that this process can be used to make any Engine they want. Fusion 360 has a Sheet Metal mode that would lend itself beautifully to designing models for photo-etching.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, the engine is gorgeous.

BTW, congratulations on having your photo published in the May issue of Model Railroader's Trackside Photos!

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2019 :  5:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jim for the encouraging words!

Lars I'm very happy if thread can be of help building your Hunslet.

Bob, the tank came with the kit. The parts are made from 3D printed parts that they have made molds from and cast them in white metal.
I must take time to try out the Fusion 360. Especially if the have a sheet metal mode.

Thanks Bruce! I had no idea that they would publish it. I downloaded it on their site almost 6 months ago and didn't know until I saw the photo published.

Håkan

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2019 :  6:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

Bob, the tank came with the kit. The parts are made from 3D printed parts that they have made molds from and cast them in white metal.
I must take time to try out the Fusion 360. Especially if the have a sheet metal mode.
Håkan

In their process they seemed to have exaggerate the layer lines. When you're ready to try Fusion 360 find on Youtube the series "Learn fusion 360 or die trying" . The guy is an experienced teacher which is a great help.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 04/08/2019 6:41:19 PM

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Topic Next Topic: 1840 depot on the Hudson River  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000