Railroad Line Forums - Rusty Stumps "Browns Bakery" Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: NP2626 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Rusty Stumps "Browns Bakery" Build
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: SS LTD Jennings Lumber Topic Next Topic: Build something while the forum is down Challenge
Page: of 2

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  12:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike, thank you.

Frank- Thanks. I see your point, plastic could be an option.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cut the roofing tarpaper material into scale 3 foot strips the width of the roof panel.

Applied the strips to the card first, then glued the roof card into place at the slots in the walls.

Windows on a 3 walls means you can see right through the structure, so a view block of brown paper was glued in place.

Left wall and bottom floor now glued in place, and began applying signs with full strength white glue.

Before the front wall can be attached, the bakery shelf and its contents were painted, assembled an then glued to the floor, positioned to appear through the front window.

Front wall is now aligned to the tabs and slots and glued in place.

All corner 6 x 6 corner posts and 4 x 12 wall top trim is installed.

The 3D resin "Bakery" sign was painted and glued to the front wall.

The final dimensions are approximately 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 x 6". This structure could work in many environments and would be appropriate in several different eras. Thanks for following along.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  10:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work Carl. I'm always looking forward to the next "Carl Build". Any hints of what's in the pipeline?

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  07:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank- I have no clue what's next...any ideas?

My kit stash is even depleted...

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  07:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carl,

Youíve demonstrated how nice the RS kit can turn out by making a good choice in colors. taking care during construction and attending to the details. I like very much how it turned out.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  07:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really came out nice Carl great work.

Yes what is next maybe another scratch build based on one of the kits out there??

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  2:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl, you made the assembly of this bakery, look like a piece of cake!
Great job!

Greg Shinnie

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  8:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Mike, Jerry and Greg.

what is next maybe another scratch build based on one of the kits out there?

Nah Jerry, that's not my style.
If I did a scratch again, It would be a prototype rendition, or an original, possibly wacky idea.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  8:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Thanks Frank- I have no clue what's next...any ideas?

My kit stash is even depleted...

Carl, I'll send you one, which one do you want??
Rich

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  06:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rich, if you have a list of what's available, you can send it to me...

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  2:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl, anything is possible, if I don't have it.. I will make it!
Rich

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  4:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i don't know how i missed this (yes i do, my laptop crashed Monday and was in the shop for two days). the structure looks great carl, once again.

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  8:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh I see Rich.

Kevin- Thanks, I hope your laptop can handle all the stress of you catching up..

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: SS LTD Jennings Lumber Topic Next Topic: Build something while the forum is down Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000