Railroad Line Forums - Heisler sound
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: clapper ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Heisler sound
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers lounge - Volume 23 Topic Next Topic: C&S #21 - 22  

Chris333
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  4:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had the Bachmann On30 14T Heisler for a while now. I have completely tore down the loco and modified just about every piece of it to better match the real 14T model. I originally was going to run DC, but now I want sound so I guess I need DCC.

I bought a TSU-750 (logging) decoder and a KA3 capacitor. They are both in the mail now.

My question is about the speaker. Is the stock Bachmann speaker considered good? Are there better sounding 1.1" speakers out there? What model are they?

Thanks
Chris

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  5:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just used a Soundtraxx 810153 28mm ohms speaker in my 2-6-0. Cheap and I'm very impressed with the sound.

bruce

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  6:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the ESU LokSound speakers, the Soundtraxx speakers and the ones from Digitrax are all good speakers in my opinion. The most important thing for great sound is the enclosure used. Also, see a video here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCL5T_Q42bs

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  10:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sugar cubes beat anything else hands down, you do need an enclosure.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Neil F
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  7:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Make sure you use the correct resistance speaker, if you have a 8ohm chip only use a 8ohm speaker otherwise you can damage the chip. I normally fit Zimo LS10x15 or larger Sugar Cube speakers under the front of the locomotive between the frames. This gives a better sound position when the loco passes.

Neil F in Stockport

http://sites.google.com/site/purgatorypeakmodelrailroad/home

Previous Topic: Geezers lounge - Volume 23 Topic Next Topic: C&S #21 - 22  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000