Railroad Line Forums - Tamiya Paint Stand
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 130 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 WorkShops, Garage, Machines and Tools
 Tamiya Paint Stand
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Square Angle Plates Topic Next Topic: DIY grassmaster
Page: of 2

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  08:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had a chance to try the stand out this weekend. Was experimenting with Model Master paint. Discovered that VM&P Naphtha will thin the paint. Says on the can "Fast drying thinner for oil-based paint, enamel & varnish." And it works great.

This shell was just an experiment. I didn't get it covered properly with primer first. That's why the lettering is showing through. Was also experimenting with two different airbrushes. Both Badger, one an internal mix, the other external.

Bernd

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  8:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How'd you like using the stand Bernd?

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  08:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

How'd you like using the stand Bernd?

I really liked it. I didn't paint my left hand at all. like I usually did before.

Bernd

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  09:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh darn, now you've got paint all over the stand.
actually the old name showing through is a good touch. It goes along with the "patch" paint schemes of today.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Square Angle Plates Topic Next Topic: DIY grassmaster  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000