Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: nevadablue ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as we were getting ready to eat this evening, I noticed this visitor in the backyard. He had somehow gotten our birdfeeder down (I have it suspended from a high tree limb on a pulley.) He was a big brute and sported two ear tags-indicating his previous capture. Sorry that the pictures are a bit fuzzy. I took them throught the windows. He was only 15 feet off the back of the house, and I was not about to step out the back door for a clearer picture.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Edited by - Dutchman on 08/08/2004 9:40:12 PM

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  8:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

The real question is, What do you give a black bear? The answer is, . .Anything he wants! Those are great pictures. If it doesn't look like a Teddy Bear, don't go outside!

Allen
Modelling the East in the West!

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Just as we were getting ready to eat this evening, I noticed this visitor in the backyard. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  8:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, these beat ANY wildlife photos I could post! One of Missouri's symbols is the brown bear, but I have never seen one or ever heard of anyone who has actually seen one in the wild. And here we have a real, live, breathing black bear in New Jersey!

Bruce, the best way to handle a large black bear like that is to take one of your photos out and ask him to autograph it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  3:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, Bruce, where's the followup? What did the bear do when he ran out of sunflower seed?

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  5:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce,
Great pictures.
Here I went all the way to Alaska to see some wildlife and the only black bear I saw was in a wildlife preserve with an electrified fence between me and the bear.
If I had known that New Jersey was a hotbed for wildlife I could have made the trip much much shorter in distance.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  5:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeC

So, Bruce, where's the followup? What did the bear do when he ran out of sunflower seed?

He was not a particularly polite dinner guest. He ate my suet, my bird seed, then ambled off to the next house on his "must visit" list with nary a 'thank you'.

John, Mike, Allen & all: Yes, Northern NJ has quite a Black Bear population. Then again, it has quite a human population as well. Therefore, the two populations are always bumping into one another.

We have seen bear on our property every year for the past five or six. This is by far the biggest, and he was nice to pose for some great pictures.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  6:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll bet he didn't offer to autograph the photos afterward, though...

jimdad1
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  12:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.

I'm not sure if this really qualifies as a "wildlife" pic or not. It's a real "grab" shot I took today just after clearing Canada customs on my way home from work. I sure would have liked to have heard the conversation between the driver and the customs officer on this one!

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  07:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure he gave the customs officer alot of "bull"

Harry

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  09:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  3:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This hardly follows a cow in the turtle-back, but I had a piece of sugar cane and my gardener noticed it and told me to put it in the dirt and it would grow. HA!, I said.

Elliott

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  08:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opened the door this morning and this came in, A broken n-scale rapido coupler to the person that knows what kind it is!

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 08/13/2004 08:23:00 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  09:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tyson,
I am certainly not a snake expert, but in my desire to obtain the prize, I would suggest that it is a Milk Snake.

Bruce

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wuth such a valuable prize at stake, I understand your willingness to take a chance! But nope! Nice try though.

NEXT

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 08/13/2004 10:18:07 AM

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  1:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tyson,

Looks like some type of a Kingsnake, definitely not a Coral snake or else you wouldn't be a holdin' it.

Allen
We have a few of our own here in the West!

quote:
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles

. .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000