Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 13 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 59 ]  [ Total: 72 ]  [ Newest Member: Billett-man ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although this is not exactly wildlife, these shots taken in a Swedish natural park show wild animals living in reasonably open spaces.

Frederic Testard

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My personal first time seeing and photographing a Downy Woodpecker. I was in the yard waiting for hummingbirds and saw this fellow at the feeder that is usually used by finches and chickadees. I thought at first it was a chickadee.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  5:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frederic and Bob
Fantastic images.
Peter
BCT

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  08:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope I'm not boring everyone with my photos of tree rodents! I look at trying to get certain photos as a challenge, and have fun doing it.

Here's my friendly local squirrel again, grabbing a peanut from the patio table, about an arm's length away from me. I actually took quite a few of the animal on the table, but it was kinda difficult to get a really great one. I sat the camera on the table, and often would miss the peanut pickup by a fraction of a second, resulting in a partially out of focus shot. Since I was using the rear LCD on my Canon superzoom XS10, I couldn't focus from my sitting position, so I had to set everything manually or the camera would focus on the fence in the background. And I really didn't have time to let the camera focus, as the squirrel was fairly fast grabbing the peanuts.

I did try my DSLR, but the noise of the shutter tripping resulted in blurry images due to the squirrel jumping back. So the XS10 with its silent electonic shutter worked the best:

Having fun anyway!

Bob Boudreau

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  11:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabulous shot, Bob!!!

Frederic Testard

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  12:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is a super catch Bob. Have you named this guy yet?

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Jan Kirkwood
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  1:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Bob, this guy is super.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  3:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LVN

That is a super catch Bob. Have you named this guy yet?

Thanks! Got a bunch more this afternoon!

It's actually a "she"(you can see the squirrel boobies when she stands up!), mostly think of it as "Momma Squirrel". She's been around for a few years, suspect she had a brood of three last year, as I've seen them around the bottom of the feeder several times. I assume they are siblings, as they weren't fighting; any other time there was more than one, they usually end up chasing each other around.

Bob Boudreau

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  4:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking at the squirrel photo and thinking "Hummm... If I cut the squirrel away from the background in Photoshop, I could do a photo of Squirrelzilla terrorizing the layout..." :-)

dave

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  6:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob
One great photo.
Peter
BCT

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eyes like a hawk:

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One of my boxes of nails in the garage became home for a new family early this spring.

The eggs hatched

They didnt really 'fly the nest' so much as just hop all around the garage and pine ridge.

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 08/21/2009 12:29:11 PM

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A small vole, or baby mole got into Trev's(the turtle) small pond early this summer.

He foolishly went for a swim

When I went back to fish him out 30 mins later after getting distracted and forgetting he was in there all I found was a clean white spine with some grey fur attached. Thats one mole the dog wont need to dig a 3 foot hole in the middle of my lawn to get at.....

Karl.A

EricUK
New Hire

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  2:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mainframer,

You said that you had no photo editing software.
Here is the free one that I use.

http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

Mainframer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  1:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EricUK, Just noticed your post. I will have to check it out some evening. Thanks for the link. Tom

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000