Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 13 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: Skymaster ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  03:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's wild and alive, so perhaps fits the wildlife category... Our nine months great dane "puppy", sweet one moment:

And an adolescent bulley too big for himself the next:

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden
http://coastline.no13.se

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  07:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the "pup" photos Troels. Danny

Michael
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  2:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife, Megan, snapped this photo of one of our cats, Grissom. The boy is far from wild, in fact, he's one of most mild-mannered felines I have encountered. But with his paw over his face, he looks like the Chessie System logo from years past. Enjoy.

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we are going to the dogs! No offense to the cat!

This is my oldest Siberian Husky, her name is Kala and she is seven.

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  10:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great cat and dog shots, guys.

Now for a non-domestic backyard visitor. I saw this guy/gal under the birdfeeders as I was getting ready to go out to mow the lawn. When it heard the door open for me to take a picture, it took off at quite a lope - hence the blurry picture. It has already been ear tagged meaning it has been captured and released again - next time it gets captured, it will get another tag. The third time it is considered a 'nuisance' bear. I'm not sure what happens then. They probably sit it down and give it a stern talking to.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  10:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michael, I just saw the photo of your brown tabby. He looks just like mine, which I did, in fact, name Chessie when I got her last year. And yeah, that's just how she sleeps also when she's up in her 'perch.' A front leg or paw thrown over her eyes to block the light and the tail curled all the way up to her chin.... nothing like a good catnap.

Bruce, I'm certainly happy those bears are in your yard and not mine.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  1:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeC

Bruce, I'm certainly happy those bears are in your yard and not mine.

Mike, we had quite the parade of wildlife go through the yard this morning. Since my laptop is in the dining room, which has floor to ceiling windows on two walls, I get a great view. In addition to the "regulars" (birds at the feeders, chipmunks & squirrels), we had a hen turkey stop by, a small whitetail buck with a gimpy front leg, a red fox, and that bear.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  3:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce, we've got foxes, wild turkeys, buzzards, white tail deer, 'possums, 'coons, copperheads, timber rattlers, and the usual assortment of small rodents and birds that come out of the woods and into our yard at the lake. But no bears. And that's okay with me.

A sidebar note: the Missouri state flag has three brown bears on it, which are often mistaken for grizzly bears - in spite of the fact that no grizzly bears have ever roamed into Missouri (as far as anyone knows.....) The brown bear and black bear population in Missouri has been increasing in recent years, but they're still pretty much confined to the Ozarks south of I-44. Which is good! My lake home is about 90 minutes north of I-44.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

FiatFan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  8:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CN/ICG is showing some new motive power in the Fort Dodge, IA area.

There were two but by the time I got the car stopped, one had taken off.

Tom

adrian_batey
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  05:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im not sure if you call this wildlife. Was away trout fishing in the Snowy Mountains (in Australia) last weekend and he got a decent brown trout fish at 53cm.
It was put back as we are 99% catch and release but on the odd occasion one makes it to the smoker or the oven.

Edited by - adrian_batey on 06/03/2009 05:40:04 AM

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  7:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I was walking my dog this morning I spotted this fox.

As I got closer to him, he started to yelp. I caught him in mid yelp in this shot.

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  12:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While I've seen three squirrels in our backyard before, this is the first time I've been able to capture them all at once in one place:

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

northern6400
Fireman

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  5:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A week ago Saturday the wife and I went to Stratford ON for the Stratford Railway Days. When we were done there we went to the beautiful park on the Avon River. In the early 1900's the Town brought in some swans. They have a wintering compound for them.
Several lay eggs and the city makes a fenced in area for those nesting. Warning never get a swan angry they are down right nasty. This one didn't mind her picture taken at all.
Here is a picture with a swan with three signets and she apparently had 4 more eggs to hatch.

[ing]http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/northern6400/200961416579_swan1_opt.jpg/img

There are also some black swans

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/northern6400/200961417248_blackswan_opt.jpg"] blackswan_opt.jpg

Seeing this mother duck with well over twenty five ducklings. Talk of "getting you ducks in a row"

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/northern6400/200961417747_ducksinarow_opt.jpg"] ducksinarow_opt.jpg[img}

Chuck Faist
Burlington, Ontario
Enjoy yourself it is later than you think!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  9:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, hope you don't mind that I fixed your links.

The black swan scares me. I've been waiting for one to show up. Just didn't think it would be here on RR-Line

As you think, so will you be.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  1:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice bird shots, Chuck. The black swan is impressive.

Frederic Testard

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000